Cleaning supplies

As I am still newerish to the gun world, and find myself still acquiring new types / calibers...i am realizing that I need a lot more spare parts, bore snacks, other misc cleaning supplies, etc.

Patches and cleaners are not too tough, but where do most of you get other things like bore snakes, brushes, rods, etc? Appreciate any recommendations.

Oh and while I would prefer to support local, I obv buy all firearms local, but getting to a shop w my hours is almost impossible, so if any online options are available that would be great

Walmart and Amazon.

ETA: Amazon link goes to support Comm2A.

basically this. i just got some new 9mm bore brushes from a member who forgot to send me karma winnings. wicked nice of him to do. i forgot who you were though because i constantly have to clear PMs. if you see this post in here so i can rep you.

Buy some SLip 2000 I got it off amazon it doesn't drop and its the best lubricant I have used there's a kit with bore cleaner gun cleaner and then lubricant works wonders. Buy brushes and stuff at Walmart along with cotton patchs.

As I am still newerish to the gun world, and find myself still acquiring new types / calibers...i am realizing that I need a lot more spare parts, bore snacks, other misc cleaning supplies, etc.

Patches and cleaners are not too tough, but where do most of you get other things like bore snakes, brushes, rods, etc? Appreciate any recommendations.

Oh and while I would prefer to support local, I obv buy all firearms local, but getting to a shop w my hours is almost impossible, so if any online options are available that would be great

The only snacks I give my bore is projectiles. Amazing how fast they go through them too. [rofl2]

I'd use Amazon for most supplies. Got some bore snakes that way for a good rate (better if you're an Amazon Prime member). I also got some gas tube mops that way. A set of picks will help get into those hard to clean areas too.

I also recommend Hoppe's Lubricating Oil and TetraGun grease. Both are really great products.

BTW, if you don't already have an air compressor, consider getting some air duster cans. Also, the bore snakes do a really good job of cleaning the barrel. For an AR you'll still want to clean the chamber area. You can either get the brush made for that, or use some patches along with the nylon picks I listed above.

I also like having a large piece of plastic to put down under the rags I clean over/on. Helps to prevent any solvents getting through. Plus it's typically far larger than I'd need to cover the area from splatter. I use really large, thick, plastic bags that I got from when I was working pre-press (the plates were held in them). I still have several of these, so I don't have to worry.

Back
Top Bottom