• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cleaning up spilled powder:

Fire needs oxygen and there is no oxygen in a vacuum. So go ahead and suck up powder and gasoline. It’s harmless.

This is a joke, right?? There isn't any oxygen inside a loaded round either. Gunpowder provides its own oxidizer. No oxygen needed.

And it makes even less sense, there is a lot of oxygen in a vacuum cleaner. In fact there is a constant stream of it.

With that said, I've simply just vacuumed up powder for the last 20 years. I use a bagless vac and dump it immediately after vacuuming. So there isn't much in the vac.

855.gif

This is a joke, right?? There isn't any oxygen inside a loaded round either. Gunpowder provides its own oxidizer. No oxygen needed.

And it makes even less sense, there is a lot of oxygen in a vacuum cleaner. In fact there is a constant stream of it.

With that said, I've simply just vacuumed up powder for the last 20 years. I use a bagless vac and dump it immediately after vacuuming. So there isn't much in the vac.
I think your sarcasm meter is a little off Don [laugh]

I have nothing constructive to add, but this talk of spilled power.... t I have to admit I have a morbid curiousity to see what happens if someone uses a vaccum cleaner to suck up live primers.... I'm not willing to conduct this experiment, however.... [rofl] It might be even more exciting if the vaccum bag already has some smokeless inside it.... [rofl] I'm surprised the dude on demolition ranch or whatever hasn't tried it.

-Mike

Way back in grade school, we were in a brand new school, with all new equipment. One of the students happened to bring some primers to that school, and apparently lost track of a some. Later that day, a custodian using a shiny new, commercial vacuum, located the primers. The kid's parents were burdened with the cost of replacing said vacuum. I didn't see the damage but that was the story.

Damp paper towel. Worked great for some black powder I just spilled on a rug.

Back
Top Bottom