CMP 1911 update

jpm

Aww hell...[frown]

The C&R will not be sufficient for purchase of a 1911 if we ever receive any from the Army. The current CMP purchase procedures will be followed with the addition off the 1911 being shipped from the Type 001 FFL to a Type 001 FFL. We will know more after the MOU with the Army is written.

Can't a MA resident C&R owner order it from CMP, have it shipped to a NH FFL and then show at that FFL with C&R in hand pick it up then rush straight home to file an EFA-10?

No you're missing the point, they certainly CAN be shipped to C&R FFLs but the CMP is not going to do that. It sounds like they maybe had to make a deal to make this happen that they would only go through dealers.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't a MA resident C&R owner order it from CMP, have it shipped to a NH FFL and then show at that FFL with C&R in hand pick it up then rush straight home to file an EFA-10?

it has NOTHING to do with MA, this is nationwide. But yeah that should work. Though I don't know why a MA dealer couldn't receive it and then do an FFL to FFL transfer to an 03 like they do every day.

pretty much this....

wtf, even if it's over 50 years old? Unless there's a specific exemption for 1911's in the ATF C&R regs, I don't get it...

It is legal to transfer a C&R gun via the normal FFL/non C&R channels.

The ODCMP is trying to play "good citizen" and voluntarily restrict sales in a way that will make the current administration relatively happy.

It can't go to a MA FFL1?

T

Technically MA FFLs arent exempt from HG compliance because Type 03s are not recognized by the state. As far as the states concerned you're just peons. That said, realistically speaking its rarely/never enforced when 03s are involved.... probably because most 03s are smart enough to shut their mouth.

Technically MA FFLs arent exempt from HG compliance because Type 03s are not recognized by the state. As far as the states concerned you're just peons. That said, realistically speaking its rarely/never enforced when 03s are involved.... probably because most 03s are smart enough to shut their mouth.

I don't think that's correct, MIRCS has told MA dealers (within the past year) that they don't need to do an FA10 when they sell a C&R gun to an FFL03 when the issue was raised with MIRCS by more than one dealer I know. And even FS has handguns for sale with tags on them that say "C&R only"

I don't think that's correct, MIRCS has told MA dealers (within the past year) that they don't need to do an FA10 when they sell a C&R gun to an FFL03 when the issue was raised with MIRCS by more than one dealer I know. And even FS has handguns for sale with tags on them that say "C&R only"

someone a while back said I was full of shit that fourseasons had guns labeled as such.

If that's the case, then CJIS/EOPS just decided to throw C&Rs a bone, because by letter of the law an 03 is meaningless in MA, unless you're using it to apply for a machine gun license.

-Mike

Question even if "they" meaning AG office or what or who ever has authority to tell the MA FFL dealers,anything in writing does that protect them from the laws?
Now even if you do or can do the FFL to CR transfer with out back ground check you still need to do a FA10 correct.
I have only purchased one CR firearm from a FFL although he didn't do a federal back ground check he still ran the FA10

Question even if "they" meaning AG office or what or who ever has authority to tell the MA FFL dealers,anything in writing does that protect them from the laws?
Now even if you do or can do the FFL to CR transfer with out back ground check you still need to do a FA10 correct.
I have only purchased one CR firearm from a FFL although he didn't do a federal back ground check he still ran the FA10

I have multiple c&r purchase from multiple 01 FFLs in Ma. None have ever done more than bill of sale and transacted in their book.

yes you need to do the FA10 yourself when you get home (or within 5 or 7 days, whichever the timeframe is). You also need to do one when you get a Garand from CMP AND enter it in your bound book in case anyone doesn't realize that.

If that's the case, then CJIS/EOPS just decided to throw C&Rs a bone, because by letter of the law an 03 is meaningless in MA, unless you're using it to apply for a machine gun license.

So can an 01FFL possess a handgun in MA without LTC?

CMP 1911s are so far off in the future, that it is hard to put much stock into what is being said about how they might be delivered, even considering the source.

CMP 1911s are so far off in the future, that it is hard to put much stock into what is being said about how they might be delivered, even considering the source.

I would totally agree with this statement. Someone else will be in the Whitehouse by then, perhaps new congresscritters as well and <hopefully not> there could be more restrictive gun laws in place by then as well.

When they announce that they are taking orders, that's when to check on the rules that are current at that time. Before then is an exercise in futility.

I would totally agree with this statement. Someone else will be in the Whitehouse by then, perhaps new congresscritters as well and <hopefully not> there could be more restrictive gun laws in place by then as well.

When they announce that they are taking orders, that's when to check on the rules that are current at that time. Before then is an exercise in futility.

Exactamundo!

Back
Top Bottom