CMP 1911s not selling to MA in 2021

Mine feeds SWC’s in both cast and plated.

God damned over zealous armorers and their grease pens...are you keeping the 12’s on the grips @daekken?
Undecided. My service grade M1 has a rack number on it. I was asked if I wanted a rack number on my FAL but declined.

Generally I don't love them, but they are part of its history and character.

Undecided. My service grade M1 has a rack number on it. I was asked if I wanted a rack number on my FAL but declined.

Generally I don't love them, but they are part of its history and character.
I’m a little odd (big surprise there)...but I’ve always liked rack numbers on rifles, but not on pistols. Literally makes zero sense.

Well?? How's she shoot @daekken ?
Quite well. The trigger is surprisingly good. I have very little experience with 1911s so it took a bit of getting used to, but I can 100% see it (and the platform) being a solid shooter. Next time I'll try to put some paper up and go for a group. Recoil was very manageable.

The toughest part is the sights--pretty spartan, but not unexpected. I'm spoiled with CZ Shadow 2 style sights, haha.

It's got me thinking long and hard about adding a Colt Series 70 or a Dan Wesson, or some other "modern" (but not gaudy) 1911.

How's the bore?
t
Shiny.

I have a friend that got the call the same time as I, his was delivered today as well. He got rack grade. It'll be interesting to see the difference between the grades that were shipped same day.

Attachments

• 20220210_183316.jpg
    20220210_183316.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220210_183231.jpg
    20220210_183231.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 11
Latest round of CMP 1911 sales are moving more slowly. They extended due to the hurricane and requests from folks who had not been able to send in an order. I think the deadline was originally today, but all the info is on their website and there is no expiration date listed.

If not for the Mass ban, I'd order one if only to flip.

so just got an email from CMP on round 3 of the 1911's, even CALIFORNIA allows them, Mass is the only dictatorship that doesn't

1911s from CMP 1911, will be allowed in California because they meet the California definition of Curio and Relic. They will ship to 01, or 02, or 07 FFLs in California. At of the time of this release, only the state of Massachusetts will not allow the sale of the 1911/1911A1 pistol. We will not sell or ship to Massachusetts and due to shipping cannot ship to U.S. Territories.All required information is included in this release. If you have questions, please email the address listed above. If you choose to call the number listed, please be prepared for a long wait time.

so just got an email from CMP on round 3 of the 1911's, even CALIFORNIA allows them, Mass is the only dictatorship that doesn't

1911s from CMP 1911, will be allowed in California because they meet the California definition of Curio and Relic. They will ship to 01, or 02, or 07 FFLs in California. At of the time of this release, only the state of Massachusetts will not allow the sale of the 1911/1911A1 pistol. We will not sell or ship to Massachusetts and due to shipping cannot ship to U.S. Territories.All required information is included in this release. If you have questions, please email the address listed above. If you choose to call the number listed, please be prepared for a long wait time.

Not selling to MA is written in the MOU with the Army. Yes, it is due to MA having a reputation for strict laws, however this rule was at the request of the Army. It is unlikely to change.

Back
Top Bottom