CMP 1911s not selling to MA in 2021

Sorry, but the shell organization that is the CMP would never hold up in Court as a separate entity prima facia. It is created, chartered and supplied with product from the government. So that argument is nonsense.

But, why you so short? You don't like returning value to taxpayers? Or are you personally benefiting from the CMP sales?
Do you feel the same way for all .gov auctions? Should all US gov property be free or just the CMP?

Sorry, but the shell organization that is the CMP would never hold up in Court as a separate entity prima facia. It is created, chartered and supplied with product from the government. So that argument is nonsense.

But, why you so short? You don't like returning value to taxpayers? Or are you personally benefiting from the CMP sales?
I DO BENEFIT from CMP sales, as does anybody else who has taken one of their marksmanship clinics, participated in one of the "Traveling Games", attended the National Trophy Matches at Camp Perry, achieved or on the way to becoming a Distinguished Rifleman (and/or Distinguished Pistol), had a son or daughter brought up in their Junior programs, or were in the program themselves as a Junior, been to the brand new, state of the art Talladega Marksmanship Facility, etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on.

I DO BENEFIT from CMP sales, as does anybody else who has taken one of their marksmanship clinics, participated in one of the "Traveling Games", attended the National Trophy Matches at Camp Perry, achieved or on the way to becoming a Distinguished Rifleman (and/or Distinguished Pistol), had a son or daughter brought up in their Junior programs, or were in the program themselves as a Junior, been to the brand new, state of the art Talladega Marksmanship Facility, etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on.
the amount of equipmemt and grants to our small club for Jr program is pretty darn good.

I contacted the CMP about the laws in MA changing. They replied they have heard this too and would like a link to the law. Does anyone have a link to the change in law so they can read it and interpret it? It’s probably not going to change anything but it’s worth sending them. Thanks

Unfortunately you are wrong. The new law was changes to MGL chap 140 only. It changed restrictions on dealers that existed in MGL 140. 940CMR16 is based on consumer safety law and it TOTALLY separate from MGL chap 140. It is regulations promulgated by the AG enabled by the consumer safety laws. The enabling law was not changed and the CMR was not changed so the CMR still applies. The only way the legislature could change the CMR would be to change the underlying law that enabled it or otherwise pass a law that specifically invalidated 940CMR16.

So no, you cannot get your CMP 1911 from a 01 or 07 even if CMP would ship it because the gun has not previously been sold commercially. Yes it sucks.

Is this subtlety something many MA Dealers will understand? Not a chance.

I have to blame myself then! I new about Chapter 140 and got that changed I didn't know about 940CMR16, had I, I would have tried to change that as well. It would have been easy to say "any firearm" or some such

I contacted the CMP about the laws in MA changing. They replied they have heard this too and would like a link to the law. Does anyone have a link to the change in law so they can read it and interpret it? It’s probably not going to change anything but it’s worth sending them. Thanks

here is the section with the number

C&R chapter 140 section 131E

A firearms collector, licensed pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 923(b), may purchase a rifle, shotgun or firearm that was not previously owned or registered in the commonwealth from a dealer licensed under section 122 if that rifle, shotgun or firearm is a curio or relic as defined in 27 CFR 478.11.

I spoke with a very nice lady at the CMP 1911 office. I found out from her that not selling to Massachusetts is NOT A CMP RULE, it came from the Army and Congress when they laid out the rules for how these guns are to be sold. And she was telling me they get some very nasty calls from people here in MA about not selling too, so I told her I was going to start spreading the word that its not a CMP rule, its an Army/Congress rule prohibiting it.

Sent in my package on Monday. There are many advantages to leaving MA.

Total bullshit they won’t sell to you guys, but if any of you come to visit Indianapolis, you can borrow mine and hit one of the many free public ranges!

I'll just have to be happy with my 1917....still would like an A1. Got this 10 years ago next week at my LGS....and have never seen another one. Glad I got it.
t

Attachments

• IMG_9209.jpeg
    IMG_9209.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 8
So my question is: Are they worth the price?

I know the Garands they sell are definitely worth it... both for historical value and just plain cost/value.

What about the 1911s?

I know the Garands they sell are definitely worth it... both for historical value and just plain cost/value.

What about the 1911s?
As I just said, I have never seen another LGS 1911 for sale in 10 years. That makes them at least available.
t

What about the 1911s?
Find me USGI 1911s for cmp prices and I will give you a decent finders fee.
I would just like a “service grade” GI 1911a1 , can be mix master non rare piece, made in 42 or 44 would be nice to match a few Garands

I made an appointment Friday at my credit union down the road. Should be able to mail the packet out on Saturday morning.

Hopefully I'll have a new C&R license on hand when/if my number gets drawn, as my C&R (using it as one of the requirements, along with Garand Collectors Association membership) expires in March.

In a bizarre twist of fate, I have a couple hundred rounds of 45 ACP in the basement, and a 1911 magazine, relics from a time when I planned various 1911 purchases that never happened. So, I wouldn't need to try to source ammo in these times.

In a bizarre twist of fate, I have a couple hundred rounds of 45 ACP in the basement, and a 1911 magazine, relics from a time when I planned various 1911 purchases that never happened. So, I wouldn't need to try to source ammo in these times.

Obviously you were a boyscout! 'Be prepared'

Say you have dual residency with NH&MA. The CMP will definitely ship a 1991 to NH but, afterwards, can I bring it into MA? Asking for a friend.

waited a year for my number to come up. December they reached out to me and said cant ship to Ma. I have a residence in Maine and they still would not ship to an ffl up there :(

My CMP 1911 order form is in the mailbox this morning to head off to Anniston. May the RNG gods smile favorable upon me.

As a side note, anyone apply for C&R recently? I'm wondering about processing times. Mine expires in April, everyone tells me to let it expire and then apply fresh to get out of having to keep previous bound books. I'm using my C&R as my "marksmanship/firearm" activity, so I want to make sure I have an active one in case my number gets called.

Back
Top Bottom