• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP 1911s not selling to MA in 2021

waited a year for my number to come up. December they reached out to me and said cant ship to Ma. I have a residence in Maine and they still would not ship to an ffl up there :(
if they know or your billing address was from MA
Cmp would say no. I dont remember where I read it but cmp made it clear where and who they would ship the 1911s.

I would suggest if you hold dual residency make sure to only use the residency that benefits you

Just got my CMP RNG for round two of 1911s.

Mailed off my new C&R application last Friday after mine expired last week.

No idea what number the CMP is at, maybe I'll scour the CMP forums to see what people have said.

ETA: Based on skimming CMP forum, the suspicion is I am roughly 4,500 in line for round two, which is positive if they are selling 8,000-10,000 BUT they still have an unknown number of Round 1 order to fill. So, who knows. If they get to me it probably won't be for months.

Last edited:
I just got my notification also. I sent my application in 1/8/21.

"This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. We will contact you as your order progresses. Please do not contact us at this time."
"Your generated number: 21075"
"Thanks,
CMP 1911 Program"

I have no idea where in line I might be.

I just got my notification also. I sent my application in 1/8/21.

"This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. We will contact you as your order progresses. Please do not contact us at this time."
"Your generated number: 21075"
"Thanks,
CMP 1911 Program"

I have no idea where in line I might be.
1075, if people's suspicions are right. That's a good number! Congrats!

Never happening. If you want a clapped out 1911 from CMP you have to do a 100% residency spoof job.
Yeah cmp would have to ask the powers be it US Army, ATF , congress to change the rules. You know what happens when rule books get reviewed.....usually more bad than good.
As far as the clapped out 1911..... Been lucky enough to shoot 3 service grades so far. We had a blast with them and where dinging the shit out of that 5" black dot at 25 and 50 yards.
I do agree most people would probably not like a mil spec 1911 after the past 50 years of tightening up and making them pretty.
The price is not terrible either.
Those with deep pockets can go after stuff like this

Some folks are already getting theirs:
View attachment 474125

@Parker Duofold you might get a call in a couple of weeks at the rate they seem to be going...
Probably just tired of fielding phone calls! There’s signs up in multiple locations at the south store...”Do NOT ask about 1911’s”

more maybe they’re just catching their stride? Regardless, I think I’m next in line after Parker out of the crew that posted here.

I’ll be honest, I don’t even know ‘what’s good’...I know next to nothing about pistols. All I know is I only need/want one 1911, so this will give me the go ahead to sell my e-series S&W.

after I get my 1911 from CMP, i can finally have my WWII pistol ‘shootout’ between my Nazi hi-power and my freedom seed slinger (USGI 1911)

Last edited:
Probably just tired of fielding phone calls! There’s signs up in multiple locations at the south store...”Do NOT ask about 1911’s”

more maybe they’re just catching their stride? Regardless, I think I’m next in line after Parker out of the crew that posted here.

I’ll be honest, I don’t even know ‘what’s good’...I know next to nothing about pistols. All I know is I only need/want one 1911, so this will give me the go ahead to sell my e-series S&W.

after I get my 1911 from CMP, i can finally have my WWII pistol ‘shootout’ between my Nazi hi-power and my freedom seed slinger (USGI 1911)
I used my (now-expired) C&R as my marksmanship activity. Hopefully my renewal comes before my number is (hopefully) called. I don't know know if they'll care if it's expired or not at this point. Regardless, I should have a few other methods to meet the requirement.

Some of the photos of recent batches look quite nice. I just hope there's service or at least field grades left when it's my turn, although I'd probably still buy a rack grade.

I used my (now-expired) C&R as my marksmanship activity. Hopefully my renewal comes before my number is (hopefully) called. I don't know know if they'll care if it's expired or not at this point. Regardless, I should have a few other methods to meet the requirement.

Some of the photos of recent batches look quite nice. I just hope there's service or at least field grades left when it's my turn, although I'd probably still buy a rack grade.
They won’t care that your C&R is expired. I haven’t been in the Marine Corps for 2 years now and they still accept that as my marksmanship activity/affiliation.

I’d like something that hasn’t been sandblasted to hell and caked with zinc parkerizing, but I suppose if I’m not happy with what I get I can always sell it?

They won’t care that your C&R is expired. I haven’t been in the Marine Corps for 2 years now and they still accept that as my marksmanship activity/affiliation.

I’d like something that hasn’t been sandblasted to hell and caked with zinc parkerizing, but I suppose if I’m not happy with what I get I can always sell it?
Note that if you sell it, you are banned from ever buying another 1911 from the CMP.

I'm not joking--they've been clear about that. Then again, I don't think they're currently letting anyone submit for a second anyway, so they might run out of 1911s before you'd get another shot. I don't recall if the "one per person" policy is intended to be permanent or just for a few years.

You could also use the proceeds to buy one on the private market.

Apart from the grips, most examples I've seen have been quite nice, certainly a lot better than the "rusty, pitted, shot-out garbage" many were predicting.

How the heck would they ever know if I sold it, lol?

I will very likely NOT sell it anyway...I’ve been wanting one for some time now (to ‘match’ my Nazi hi-power and hopefully equalize the good vs evil vibe in my C&R collection.)

If it’s a total piece of garbage I might change my mind, but from what you’re saying, I bet I’ll be happy with whatever I get (if I get anything?)

How the heck would they ever know if I sold it, lol?

I will very likely NOT sell it anyway...I’ve been wanting one for some time now (to ‘match’ my Nazi hi-power and hopefully equalize the good vs evil vibe in my C&R collection.)

If it’s a total piece of garbage I might change my mind, but from what you’re saying, I bet I’ll be happy with whatever I get (if I get anything?)
I don't recall their method of determining it, but it was flimsy. Just more of "heads up."

With your number you should 100% get offered something. They can sell 10,000 this year, if they had more than 8,000 from last year (compared to your c.2,xxx number) then it would be surprising to open another round of sales already.

Some folks are already getting theirs:
View attachment 474125

@Parker Duofold you might get a call in a couple of weeks at the rate they seem to be going...

I haven't heard from CMP yet on the 1911 or some ammo I ordered back in January. Not to hijack this thread but how can it take them so long to ship a case of .357?

I'll post hear if and when I "get the call."

I haven't heard from CMP yet on the 1911 or some ammo I ordered back in January. Not to hijack this thread but how can it take them so long to ship a case of .357?

I'll post hear if and when I "get the call."
They're in at least the 350s for calls as of last week, with you being about 1000, I don't think it'll be too long.

ETA: They hit past 500 already. 20501 reported getting the call today.

Last edited:
According to CMP forum they're almost to 1,000:

RGN Assigned: #20953 on 4/6/21
Date Contacted:04/28/21

The first NES-er bound 1911 from this batch might ship this week...

According to CMP forum they're almost to 1,000:

RGN Assigned: #20953 on 4/6/21
Date Contacted:04/28/21

The first NES-er bound 1911 from this batch might ship this week...

What did you get? Did they give you a choice?

Back
Top Bottom