CMP Ammo Reminder

cathouse01

NES Member
Just reminding everyone that you still have a few days to meet your maximum 2000 rounds per caliber per year limit for purchasing ammo from the CMP E-Store. The limit will reset on January 1, so you will be able to buy another 2000 rounds in 2021, but if you’ve anything left on this year's 2000 round limit you might want to go ahead and order up to you limit so you don’t lose it. Right now they have .223, 7.62X54R, 8X57mm, .30-06, .308, 5.56, .38 special and .40 S&W. They also have .22 LR but it’s all high end match grade and fairly expensive if all you want is plinking ammo.

ETA: Also .45 ACP JHP

Just reminding everyone that you still have a few days to meet your maximum 2000 rounds per caliber per year limit for purchasing ammo from the CMP E-Store. The limit will reset on January 1, so you will be able to buy another 2000 rounds in 2021, but if you’ve anything left on this year's 2000 round limit you might want to go ahead and order up to you limit so you don’t lose it. Right now they have .223, 7.62X54R, 8X57mm, .30-06, .308, 5.56, .38 special and .40 S&W. They also have .22 LR but it’s all high end match grade and fairly expensive if all you want is plinking ammo.

ETA: Also .45 ACP JHP
if only i had a christmas bonus

I just sent the rest of the CMP documents in today. Is there a typical time delay between submitting the verification paperwork and getting approved?

edit...turns out it’s about 2 days

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the CMP 30-06 Creedmoor ammo?
I do not, but if it is made as well as Creedmoor's pistol ammo... buy it.

Hmmm my buddy is looking for defensive 357 ammo. Wonder if I should order him some from the CMP. I’m just concerned about the wait...
Put a case on order while trying to source elsewhere.
I don't think things are going to get straightened out in a month or so...

CMP Creedmoor .357 magnum with Hornady 158gn HP projos $168 (out the door) for 240 rounds = 70 cents a round... 😍

Creedmoor .390acp with Hornady 90gn HP projos $198 (out the door) for 320 rounds = 62 cents a round... 😍🤪😍

Last edited:
CMP Creedmoor .357 magnum with Hornady 158gn HP projos $168 (out the door) for 240 rounds = 70 cents a round... 😍

Creedmoor .390acp with Hornady 90gn HP projos $198 (out the door) for 320 rounds = 62 cents a round... 😍🤪😍
My buddy without hesitation said “order it!”
Placed an order for the 158s

Yeah, once a few folks (dealers) find out it's on the e-Store... It'll be gone like a fart in a hurricane...

CMP seems to be a touch farther down the rabbit hole than most of the online vendors on the TSUSA thread. Even the ones with clever nicknames.

I just sent the rest of the CMP documents in today. Is there a typical time delay between submitting the verification paperwork and getting approved?

edit...turns out it’s about 2 days
Cmp operates at a pace no one can comprehend
Whenweready,goodnready,hurryupandcwait.... sometimes its fast sometimes it slow.
Hope they are fast , seems my account is not "valid" so I,have to wait to call on monday.

This ^^^.

Any CMP orders I put in are a "Hail Mary" pass of sorts... but at least I got them in...

Whenweready,goodnready,hurryupandcwait.... sometimes its fast sometimes it slow.
Hope they are fast , seems my account is not "valid" so I,have to wait to call on monday.

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard, I’m new to them. I’ve had people say they get their orders in a month and then some 3 months. I’m just treating it like a backorder, whenever it gets to me I’ll be happy to see it.

You do have to renew your notarized form 2A every three years or if your ship to address has changed. Also if your LTC has renewed since your last order you’ll have to submit an updated copy.

Now-a-days with Covid and all it’s just slow. Last ammo order I placed last October took about 6 weeks.

Last Ammo order I had in with them never got filled... after about a year, I finally told them to cancel it

Yeah, once a few folks (dealers) find out it's on the e-Store... It'll be gone like a fart in a hurricane...
Not as bad as TSUSA. The CMP only sells to individuals who have provide proof of US citizenship, membership in a CMP affiliated organization and participation in a marksmanship or other firearms related activity (don’t need to provide proof of participation if you’re over 60). All that plus, as I said above, you’re limited to 2000 rounds of any given caliber per year means that their supplies last a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom