• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Announces Addition of New England Travel Games in 2016

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-travel-games/new-england-games/

Popular matches such as the Garand/Springfield/Vintage and Modern Military Match, As-Issued 1911 Pistol Match, Military & Police Service Pistol Match and a Pistol Two-Man Team Match will be fired throughout the Games. Additionally, an EIC Pistol Match, .22 Rimfire Pistol Match, Carbine Match and Vintage Sniper Match will be sure to challenge competitors of all ages.

Code:
[B]2016 CMP NEW ENGLAND GAMES[/B]
[B]DRAFT MATCH SCHEDULE[/B]
All match start times listed in this schedule are the time when firing starts. Squadding for each event will begin ½ hour prior to the event start time. Competitors may check-in any scheduled day prior to their first event.

[B]WEDNESDAY 14 SEPTEMBER[/B]
6:30-8AM Competitor Check-In
8AM-4PM SAFS/M16 Match
2-6:00PM Competitor Only Sales Event – Competitors must check-in prior to attending.
2-6:00PM Competitor Check-In

[B]THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER[/B]
6:30AM Competitor Check-In
8:00AM EIC Rifle Match
9:00AM GSM New Shooter Clinic
12:00PM CMP Rifle Sales
1:00PM Garand-Springfield-Vintage & Modern Military Rifle Match
2:00PM Garand Maintenance Clinic

[B]FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER[/B]
8:00AM Garand-Springfield-Vintage & Modern Military Rifle Match
11:00AM CMP As-Issued 1911 Pistol Match
12:30PM Military & Police Service Pistol Match (or immediately following the CMP As-Issued 1911 Match)
1:00PM Carbine Match
4:00PM Medal Presentations

[B]SATURDAY 17 SEPTEMBER[/B]
8:00AM Garand-Springfield-Vintage & Modern Military Rifle Match
9:00AM Rimfire Sporter Match
12:00PM CMP .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC Match
1:00PM Garand-Springfield-Vintage & Modern Military Rifle Match
2:00PM EIC Pistol Match (or immediately following CMP .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC Match)
3:30PM Pistol Team Match (2-Man) (or immediately following EIC Pistol Match)
5:00PM BBQ
5:30PM Medal Presentations

[B]SUNDAY 18 SEPTEMBER[/B]
7:30AM Competitor Check-In
9:00AM Vintage Sniper Team Match
11:00AM Medal & Awards Presentations (or 30 minutes after the conclusion of the Vintage Sniper Match)

Last edited:
Sounds great. Glad that they didn't pick MA to do it in (likely they are smart enough to never consider MA).

Who is heading up for this? I plan on shooting the EIC Pistol and Two Man team match.

I really want to go to this. Still nursing a post-surgery shoulder, so the Springfield match is probably a no-go and likely the JC Garand a no-go as well.

Anyone have an idea how long as-issued 1911 matches typically run? That one is on Friday, but I need to be back in the Worcester area by 5 and the match is at 11am. Probably not enough time...

A heavy mouse fart gun might be just the ticket if I can take the pressure from a sling. SAFS/M16 match on Wednesday might be what I do. Maybe Modern Military if I can quickly slap together a rules compliant upper. I'll figure out what I'm capable of doing this weekend.

Can't hold my right arm steady yet, so pistol is out. Sure as hell became good with my left while the right shoulder was out of commission, so the as-issued 1911 is in the plans for the future.

Even though I've shot a few JC Garand matches, I'm going to go ahead and attend SAFS assuming they still have available slots. Already emails CMP. If I can do that, I'll attend the EIC rifle match the next day. Mounting the Vortex PST 1-4X on my service rifle- I like irons but why not take advantage of the new rules...

Admin-

What are folks shooting in the EIC pistol match?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom