• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Garands

rosco61

NES Member
So I just Fedxed my order in for my 4th garand. A Service grade. luck of the draw for a Springfield or a H&R.
It says, Now taking Applications on the CMP website.
Doesn't say sold out So i sent my application in.
Now I start holding my breath again!
My last one was a RM1 Special and it sure is a beautiful rifle.
Hoping for the best!

What are they going for today?

I got these for $405+$25 shipping I think it as ten or more years back. Never had time to shoot them.

YbMH6Al.jpg

That bottom one has nice matching wood which can be a challenge

@MJ1 You could get probably 2.5x or better than you paid.

I just got credit card confirmation on my Garand. I took a chance and changed the order to the Field grade Winchester as I don't have a Winchester model yet.
Fingers crossed for a nice example. Should ship very shortly based on my last one.

I just got credit card confirmation on my Garand. I took a chance and changed the order to the Field grade Winchester as I don't have a Winchester model yet.
Fingers crossed for a nice example. Should ship very shortly based on my last one.

My rack special showed up on Wednesday if that helps you gauge delivery times.

Why are service grades cheaper than field grade? On the site service grade is better condition than field?
Winchesters and IHC are more collectible/sought after. Springfields and H&R are more numerous and command less of a premium.

I'd like to add an IHC someday.

Wondering, I look on the CMP site and see nothing about MA having any restrictions, where CT says has to be sent to an FFL. So can someone tell me if I need it shipped to a store or just to my residence?

Back
Top Bottom