• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Sales Article

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Here's How Much Has Been Made from the Sale of Surplus M1 Rifles to Civilians

19 Feb 2019
Military.com | By Matthew Cox
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is well known as the go-to place to buy surplus military firearms, so the Government Accountability Office recently tallied up how much money the nonprofit has generated from selling tens of thousands of M1 Garand rifles over the past decade.

Looking backward nine years from 2017, the GAO reports that the government-chartered CMP has brought in $323 million in revenue. About 61 percent of those earnings comes from selling M1 rifles, many of which were used in World War II and the Korean War.

Here's How Much Has Been Made from the Sale of Surplus M1 Rifles to Civilians

Does that include ammo sales?

Heck they sold over a million $ worth of surplus 22lr in 2 days few years back.

It’s all good, cmp at least puts money back into the game. I think the talladaga shooting park was some where near 200mil to build. I do wish cmp did give more money to clubs for building ranges for cmp events.
They do give a good amount of support to jr programs

Last edited:
Does that include ammo sales?

Heck they sold over a million $ worth of surplus 22lr in 2 days few years back.

It’s all good, cmp at least puts money back into the game. I think the talladaga shooting park was some where near 20mil to build. I do wish cmp did give more money to clubs for building ranges for cmp events

"In addition to firearms, the CMP also sold commercial ammunition and memorabilia, which generated $76.4 million in revenue."

"In addition to firearms, the CMP also sold commercial ammunition and memorabilia, which generated $76.4 million in revenue."
Cool and just think 1mil plus was from surplus 22lr that sold out in like 10hrs 7500 cases or so.

Back
Top Bottom