• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Co-worker Applying for LTC in Lynn

Yeah it’s pretty straightforward here. Might take a few days or weeks out to schedule the day to have the interview, and about 2.5 months until you get the LTC.

I'm guessing to make sure you're a U.S. citizen. It's been a while but IIRC if you're not a native born or naturalized citizen you can only get an FID card but not an LTC, AGAIN I'm guessing. Worked with a guy who was here legally but not a naturalized citizen and he was allowed an FID but not a LTC this was 40+ years ago so the details afe a bit fuzzy

I'm guessing to make sure you're a U.S. citizen. It's been a while but IIRC if you're not a native born or naturalized citizen you can only get an FID card but not an LTC, AGAIN I'm guessing. Worked with a guy who was here legally but not a naturalized citizen and he was allowed an FID but not a LTC this was 40+ years ago so the details afe a bit fuzzy

No longer the case in MA. Thanks to Comm2A.

Fletcher v. Haas - Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (comm2a.org)

My co-worker is an immigrant and a citizen w/a security clearance.

Born and raised in Lynn and still have family there. Should be pretty straight forward. All lawful purposes etc.. I think the sergeant who does the interview is a family friend unless he's already retired.

What's with the birth cert and bills? Driver license not good enough?

Each town has their own twitchyness.

In my town, I had to show a photo ID to pick up an LTC renewal...even though though they were giving me the most recent photo ID....they did accept my expired LTC, though. [rolleyes] [laugh]

In my town, I had to show a photo ID to pick up an LTC renewal...even though though they were giving me the most recent photo ID....they did accept my expired LTC, though.
Joseph Heller spins in his grave like a lathe.

Mind you, IIRC The Bride had to tell them I had permission to pick up her LTC,
and our town put the new LTCs in a sealed envelope.

Of course, if an applicant didn't have their DL with them,
they'd better not have driven themselves to the police station.

But I'm sure that in the gravest extreme, the dispatcher (or whoever)
would have opened the envelope and compared the new license's photo
to the person standing in front of them...

But I'm sure that in the gravest extreme, the dispatcher (or whoever)
would have opened the envelope and compared the new license's photo
to the person standing in front of them...

Actually, the previous time, I DID say, "I'm picking up a photo ID with my most recent photo....In the end, they accepted my expired LTC as a valid ID.

Back
Top Bottom