• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coffee shop talk: "Democrat Governor field brutal, great time for Pro-Gun Candidate"

GlockJock

NES Member
Talk at the coffee shop today was the Guv race, everyone saying "Martha's doomed....has no chance...Baker should kick ass easily" etc etc.
I said "In this whacked-out lefty state? The one that elected a no-experience-looney-fraud-indian to a 6 year term in WASHINGTON simply because there was a (D) next to her name? No chance for Martha??

Someone said "Too bad there isn't a real candidate out there who is Pro-Gun. It would be a perfect time given how bad the democratic field is...". I replied "Is there EVER a perfect time for a Pro-Gun candidate in this hellhole?"

Leading me to wonder if there had EVER been a mainstream (not fringe or long-longshot minority party) candidate for Guv, or an actual Guv, who was actually pro-gun? Ever one who was a gun owner??

My wife just said "I think the one who recently died was" meaning Celluci...
(Hey, she's still great looking as she's approaching 50, so I keep her around) [grin]

Last edited:
I know, but I meant "MAIN" stream....stop a thousand people outside Fenway and ask who Mark Fisher is and...."cricket-cricket-cricket".

Too bad, cuz he's what we need.

It's unfortunate but I'm afraid you are 100% correct.

Most democrats are running unopposed this November. Gee, I wonder why this state sucks for 2A...

I know, but I meant "MAIN" stream....stop a thousand people outside Fenway and ask who Mark Fisher is and...."cricket-cricket-cricket".

Too bad, cuz he's what we need.

This is your MA Catch-22. If a politician is pro-gun, media ignores or attacks him/her. thus ensuring they never become main-stream. If you wait until a pro-gun politician is already main-stream, you are basically saying "I'll wait until the fight is almost won then jump in"

Mark Fisher is unknown? Make him known.... work on getting him votes whether he can win this election or not. Political fights need to be fought for the long term, not just for the next election date - start making pro-gun candidates more viable every election, even if they do not yet get elected.

Which reminds me...

This is your MA Catch-22. If a politician is pro-gun, media ignores or attacks him/her. thus ensuring they never become main-stream. If you wait until a pro-gun politician is already main-stream, you are basically saying "I'll wait until the fight is almost won then jump in"
Mark Fisher is unknown? Make him known.... work on getting him votes whether he can win this election or not. Political fights need to be fought for the long term, not just for the next election date - start making pro-gun candidates more viable every election, even if they do not yet get elected.

Agreed, yet since I admittedly didn't know much about Fisher, I just did a little surfing.
His website runs as if someone grabbed a "GoDaddy buy 9 months get 3 months free" sale....it's really difficult, but hey, being in business myself, I get it, it's tough to spend the big $ needed for a glitzy site...So then I surfed further, searched for some campaign stuff to try to get to know him...first video I came across was a "day on the campaign trail with Mark", produced by The Herald (link below).

First time I've heard him speak, ever...first time I've had the chance for him to tell me about himself. In the short video, Fisher at least twice (or was it three times?) tells us (he actually SAYS it) that he really isn't into doing this, really doesn't want to do this, doesn't feel like doing it, only wants to be governor for just a little while then go back to doing what he'd rather be doing, what he enjoys, etc etc etc.....
Wow.
See, that's what I was getting at when I started this thread. I mean, as I surfed and found more on him, I absolutely love Fisher's background, his pro-2A stance, his real "working man's" views and ideals, BUT.. for Chrissakes man, you're an unknown, trying to introduce yourself and your candidacy, and you're being filmed by a media crew whose bosses sent them out for an ENTIRE DAY with you, something a candidate would PAY for, the chance to spread your message, your platform, your goals and visions. And at least twice (or was it 3 times??) you say to the camera "Y'know, I'd rather be doing something else..." etc. (cue a Southwest Airlines "Wanna Get Away? ad)

Great. Tell me when your website is fixed so that I can give some of my hard earned blue collar dough to a guy who gets a full day with a media crew in tow, and is already talking about getting OUT of the big office under the dome before he even gets the chance to fart in the chair to warm it.

Seems like a nice guy who really shares my views and political leanings, but....Jesus, that's what I meant when I threw this thread out to everyone. There are some folks here who are "basking" in a "win" with this bill becoming law, and saying "Now let's capitalize on this win and really start a groundswell of pro 2A candidates", etc...Something I'd really love to see. But the first guy mentioned is a guy who "really doesn't want to do this" etc etc? Is it any wonder he had such a difficult time getting noticed and getting convention support. And is it any wonder why the LibDems rule like Himmler and Eichmann here?

At least Ed King and John Hancock (both mentioned above) never told their supporters on the campaign trail that they'd "rather be somewhere else". Hell, after watching Fisher's video (link below), I'm guessing "Can Do!" King probably has as much energy and desire for the governors chair TODAY as does Fisher. Maybe more.

I guess we really are doomed here, eh? Now, back to my original question that started the thread...."What about a real, mainstream, pro-2A candidate?"

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...p_candidate_mark_fisher_plays_it_conservative

Last edited:
Fine, so Mark Fisher is not a good candidate.

Have you checked my sig line? There is a good opportunity to strike at a major supporter of gun control by supporting a strong candidate... or if it's not for governor, it ain't good enough?

If it was my district I'd give him my vote.

Maybe a few bucks even if he is out of district? I have donated 25 USD to him from NH - MA politics do affect us here too.

Maybe volunteer if you are close enough and nobody in your district is worth it? I have local candidates I will be working with.

Taking Hank out (or even making him sweat it out) would be a state wide signal that gun rights can become a third rail - you touch it and your political career gets harder.

Talk at the coffee shop today was the Guv race, everyone saying "Martha's doomed....has no chance...Baker should kick ass easily" etc etc.
I said "In this whacked-out lefty state? The one that elected a no-experience-looney-fraud-indian to a 6 year term in WASHINGTON simply because there was a (D) next to her name? No chance for Martha??

Someone said "Too bad there isn't a real candidate out there who is Pro-Gun. It would be a perfect time given how bad the democratic field is...". I replied "Is there EVER a perfect time for a Pro-Gun candidate in this hellhole?"

Leading me to wonder if there had EVER been a mainstream (not fringe or long-longshot minority party) candidate for Guv, or an actual Guv, who was actually pro-gun? Ever one who was a gun owner??

My wife just said "I think the one who recently died was" meaning Celluci...
(Hey, she's still great looking as she's approaching 50, so I keep her around) [grin]

Celluci was the idiot that said to the legislature, " Give me an assault weapon ban and I will sign it." Probably our worst governor other than Dukakis.

Maybe a few bucks even if he is out of district? I have donated 25 USD to him from NH - MA politics do affect us here too.
Maybe volunteer if you are close enough and nobody in your district is worth it? I have local candidates I will be working with.
Taking Hank out (or even making him sweat it out) would be a state wide signal that gun rights can become a third rail - you touch it and your political career gets harder.

Great point. I'm in. Just sent $25 to Brad Wyatt for MA State Representative.
http://www.bradwyatt.com/donate.html
Anyone else in to help take out Nitwit Naughton?

Last edited:
696a66d84082bc506210633fe2350292.jpg

Just to give your blood pressure a boost. I spotted this gem yesterday afternoon.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Back
Top Bottom