• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cohasset man charged with living in Cohasset....

I don’t understand how this has never been challenged in court. I can see how a state can say you need this permit to buy a gun, it’s tyranny but I get it. I don’t see how they can demand a license to keep a firearm on private property. This concept is insane to me.
Even in NJ which is a notorious anti gun state, it’s pretty easy to get a gun legally for your home, but not to carry. It’s been a while since I lived there, so I may be wrong but I recall the process being easier than MA.

They will cut him a deal if there's even the slightest threat of him escalating this into the federal sphere. I'm sure the cabal has already talked to whoever the DA is. Antis do not want clean gun cases advancing.
A deal will make him a felon.
Really interesting case, and I bet it has to be more to it on why police decided to get him.

Everyone should be charged with living in Cohasset.

I mean, you know, everyone that actually lives there.

People from Brockton should not be charged with living in Cohasset, they have enough problems already.

Same for Lynn.

A deal will make him a felon.
Really interesting case, and I bet it has to be more to it on why police decided to get him.
Lol, you clearly haven't seen enough of these. I have. And I've had convos with attorneys that have, too. Mass sucks but most of the DAs only care about cheap wins.

Even in NJ which is a notorious anti gun state, it’s pretty easy to get a gun legally for your home, but not to carry. It’s been a while since I lived there, so I may be wrong but I recall the process being easier than MA.
I think you're right. We almost moved to Philly area a dozen years ago, and I looked into PA and NJ laws, though we would've been in PA, F NJ! Anyway, IIRC, no permit is required to simply keep at home. Though if you want to hit the range, you better have the FID, or whatever they call it in NJ. LTC is near impossible to get.

16 counts of not registering guns...hmm
I never registered a gun in MA. Neither did my wife. We both live in MA and have MA LTCs and bought our guns out of state. So..we are now felons? If that is the case, we will bring them to our Florida vacation/retirement townhouse.

I wonder if he moved from a normal state and didn’t know he had to bend over as far as he’s required at the MA state border.

When I moved here I had no idea until I went to go buy some ammo at O'Dowds on rt9

Guy was like I need to see your LTC.

I'm like, what's that ? lol

When I moved here I had no idea until I went to go buy some ammo at O'Dowds on rt9

Guy was like I need to see your LTC.

I'm like, what's that ? lol

Years ago there was a dude at a local gun club that managed to get a membership.... he moved here from NY and shot his guns with us and somehow in the course of talking with him we figured out he didn't have an LTC he was beside himself.... "i had no idea". Not that we really cared but basically I think it originated when one of us asked him how long it took him to get his LTC in town....he was like "whats that?" I thought that was especially ironic considering that he was from a state worse than Mass.... he probably had assumed that no other states were as bad as New York was.... [rofl]

Dude moved here from Miami in Jan. Tragic. Hope he has equity to burn in this place on legal.

Dude moved here from Miami in Jan. Tragic. Hope he has equity to burn in this place on legal.

Sick house. Did it list address in the article?

Sadly if he thought he had reciprocity, he was mistaken. Of course MA doesn’t reciprocate for any state if I recall so. SOL.

5897D915-AD4F-4EE5-99A8-4C3094A642C4.jpeg

They will cut him a deal if there's even the slightest threat of him escalating this into the federal sphere. I'm sure the cabal has already talked to whoever the DA is. Antis do not want clean gun cases advancing.
What if this guy is a Pro-2A activist trolling a political prosecution to gift us a cherry case to advance activism? [devil2]

Lol, you clearly haven't seen enough of these. I have. And I've had convos with attorneys that have, too. Mass sucks but most of the DAs only care about cheap wins.
You may be 100% right there, will see.

I think I found him. Financial advisor for a local financial company, started in October 2019, moved from Miami. Suit and tie. 49 but looks 60 IMO. Facebook looks straight as an arrow. No politics or sketchy/wild life choices.

Maybe he moved, brought his gear, went to go get an LTC in Jan, put something stupid on the application like “I moved here from Florida and brought my guns with me” and they rolled up and busted him now that got to his application?

A judge is going to "instruct" the jury that the man is guilty and that they cannot judge the law. He'll lose everything while sitting in prison waiting for appeals.
Please, NES members, in that jurisdiction try to get on the jury and hang it.
If I were so lucky as to get on that jury I would sure as hell judge the law. I would not give a fu...k what the sh...t head judge said. The SCOTUS seems to have no issue with inventing laws so I'd have no issue with judging laws that violate people's rights.

I think I found him. Financial advisor for a local financial company, started in October 2019, moved from Miami. Suit and tie. 49 but looks 60 IMO. Facebook looks straight as an arrow. No politics or sketchy/wild life choices.
I think you've got the wrong guy. It's not the Massmutual guy. It is the America's Capital Partners guy, senior managing director, no less. Formerly CFO of Parmenter. Deep pockets, I bet. According to Linkedin, ironically he is an expert in due diligence.

I think you've got the wrong guy. It's not the Massmutual guy. It is the America's Capital Partners guy, senior managing director, no less. Formerly CFO of Parmenter. Deep pockets, I bet. According to Linkedin, ironically he is an expert in due diligence.
Could be. Only looked for a few mins.

Anyway sounds like he took a chance in not getting an LTC and got caught. Maybe had something in his past preventing an LTC or who knows.

Back
Top Bottom