Cohasset man charged with living in Cohasset....

What Com2A needs to look at is this 5 year expiration of the certificate most towns came up with. The law says nothing about that. Good for life.
There is nothing for them to "look at". The CMR is clear that there is NO expiration of certs and Chief Glidden also makes that clear in his seminar, book and when LOs ask him. They do what they want because it is cheaper and faster (by years) to comply vs. go to court (maybe 2-3 years later).
Maybe he is a trojan horse case. Money in the bank. Fund a defense to get the laws voided.
Sure, just like BassPro when they knowingly sold new Glocks on opening day, after C-pher personally (he was an employee) told the company president that they weren't legal to sell. They folded like a cheap suit and they have much deeper pockets than any individual from Cohasset.

There's probably a lot going on here that we can't tell from the press release. My two biggest questions are: 1) how/why were the police able to get a warrant. Something had to have happened. 2) Why is there a dangerous hearing? It's pro forma for some DAs when there are gun charges, but usually there should be a reason beyond 'cuz gun.

... The CMR is clear that there is NO expiration of certs and Chief Glidden also makes that clear in his seminar, book and when LOs ask him. They do what they want because it is cheaper and faster (by years) to comply vs. go to court (maybe 2-3 years later).
What will be a court's reaction to an LO's testimony that
they unilaterally insist on a fresh HFS certificate
as one of their several personal litmus tests for suitability?

"We'll be back with a search warrant!"

That's a hint that you take all of that stuff and either give it to a legal buddy or drop it in the haaaahbahhhh.
You think 1) they visited twice? 2) they'd let him leave while they're gone?

If they've jack boots as shiny as it sounds, in sure they'd be happy to post a guard who will arrest him if he leaves the scene of their alleged crime. And that assumes they didn't get the warrant first.

Or he is one of those people who openly talk about shit they should not openly talk about. I know at least a couple people who regularly talk about shit they shouldn't have with people they shouldn't - I know it's only a matter of time before they f*** themselves.

To be fair, if this guys only “criminality” was possession of firearms and magazines in the state, then what exactly SHOULDNT he have been talking about? Shall not be infringed, no? I mean I get your point but we have to stop cucking ourselves and realize that possession is nothing to hide, as evidenced by federal case law and by the constitution. This guy isn’t a selector switch oil filter idiot from the looks of it.

He’s an American with a modest collection and standard capacity magazines.

What if this guy is a Pro-2A activist trolling a political prosecution to gift us a cherry case to advance activism? [devil2]

Lord I hope so, it’s beautiful if that’s what it is.

Then they'd charge him with obstruction, illegal dumping, and destruction of evidence.
the same thing i said - it is so odd and unusual to see that police got him surveyed and apprehended like he was a druglord - just over the 16 guns? odd story.
there has to be something else there we do not know about. an ex who came up with documented threats made to her, or, who knows.

the same thing i said - it is so odd and unusual to see that police got him surveyed and apprehended like he was a druglord - just over the 16 guns? odd story.
there has to be something else there we do not know about. an ex who came up with documented threats made to her, or, who knows.
They did say they had been investigating something (else?) when they "learned" of his possession of guns. Dunno.

You think 1) they visited twice? 2) they'd let him leave while they're gone?

If they've jack boots as shiny as it sounds, in sure they'd be happy to post a guard who will arrest him if he leaves the scene of their alleged crime. And that assumes they didn't get the warrant first.

The next day???? I can't see them posting a cop there. Maybe they did. Bleep them.

The next day???? I can't see them posting a cop there. Maybe they did. Bleep them.
Where's it day they went to him first? Am I reading it wrong? The write up looks like they were told the guns exist, for the warrant, then went to his house. Was there ever a "come back with a warrant" event?

Well, in order for anything to change someone has to go through the legal battle that will be extremely long and expensive- who needs that… a plea deal is easier.
Yep, and it sucks when it's right there in f***ing black and white.

There's probably a lot going on here that we can't tell from the press release. My two biggest questions are: 1) how/why were the police able to get a warrant. Something had to have happened. 2) Why is there a dangerous hearing? It's pro forma for some DAs when there are gun charges, but usually there should be a reason beyond 'cuz gun.
it's mAss, cuz guns

Where's it day they went to him first? Am I reading it wrong? The write up looks like they were told the guns exist, for the warrant, then went to his house. Was there ever a "come back with a warrant" event?

Went to house on 22nd. Came back with warrant on 23rd. Like in the press release. At least the way they worded it it sounds like off they went and then got a warrant.

View: https://twitter.com/DeadArchist/status/1397297844911058945

Maybe Cohasset pulled the same deal on this guy if he had moved in and attempted to apply for a license?

I'll show them my penal law.

Went to house on 22nd. Came back with warrant on 23rd. Like in the press release. At least the way they worded it it sounds like off they went and then got a warrant.
I know I'm dumb, but I'm not seeing that in the press release:
On May 22, detectives assigned to the Cohasset Police Criminal Investigation Division, while conducting a separate investigation, received detailed information related to the presence of numerous illegally-owned firearms in GRANOFF’S home. GRANOFF does not have a license to carry a firearm.

As a result of learning this information, Cohasset Police detectives, applied for, received and executed a search warrant of GRANOFF’S home on Sunday, May 23. The court authorized search of the home resulted in police seizing multiple firearms, high-capacity magazines and a quantity of ammunition.

"On May 22 [...] while conducting a separate investigation, received detailed information" != went to his house and requested access.
The next paragraph starts with "As a result of learning this information, Cohasset Police detectives, applied for, received and executed a search warrant."

I fail to see where they stopped in for tea before showing up with the warrant. Is there another version of this presser that I'm not finding? Am I simply deaf to all the dog whistles?

I know I'm dumb, but I'm not seeing that in the press release:

"On May 22 [...] while conducting a separate investigation, received detailed information" != went to his house and requested access.
The next paragraph starts with "As a result of learning this information, Cohasset Police detectives, applied for, received and executed a search warrant."

I fail to see where they stopped in for tea before showing up with the warrant. Is there another version of this presser that I'm not finding? Am I simply deaf to all the dog whistles?

On May 22. a little further along. . . " on Sunday, May 23. The court authorized search of the home"

That means the next day. ;)

MIGHT it have been before-midnight/after-midnight? Maybe. It didn't READ that way.

You ain't dumb. They police better than they write. ;)

On May 22. a little further along. . . " on Sunday, May 23. The court authorized search of the home"

That means the next day. ;)

MIGHT it have been before-midnight/after-midnight? Maybe. It didn't READ that way.

You ain't dumb. They police better than they write. ;)
That time passed is clear to me.

What I'm not seeing is the visit to the house in Cohassett on May 22. Again, "detectives assigned to the Cohasset Police Criminal Investigation Division, while conducting a separate investigation, received detailed information related to the presence of numerous illegally-owned firearms in GRANOFF’S home" does not, to me, mean they were at the house. It seems equally likely that they were investigating e.g. his business partner, who happens to be a drug kingpin, and found a copy of Granoff's firearms inventory spreadsheet on a shared PC.

What I'm not seeing is the visit to the house in Cohassett on May 22. Again, "detectives assigned to the Cohasset Police Criminal Investigation Division, while conducting a separate investigation, received detailed information related to the presence of numerous illegally-owned firearms in GRANOFF’S home" does not, to me, mean they were at the house. It seems equally likely that they were investigating e.g. his business partner, who happens to be a drug kingpin, and found a copy of Granoff's firearms inventory spreadsheet on a shared PC.

Well one of us had reading comp issues. I swore it said they investigated at his home. Lol

Back
Top Bottom