• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cold Weather Hunting clothing

I wear this sweater 75% of the time and a thermax top and fleece pullover http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...ting+sweater&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

Very good product that cuts the wind and is warm . Defiantly works as advertised . Also wore wool pants for years deer hunting and duck and goose hunting in the late season . I wear waterproof and insulated bibs now . They are better way to go in my opinion .

I swear by Cabelas' sweaters with windshear. It is not the most quiet stuff with the lining but it cuts the wind remarkably well. I use them for upland all the time

Base layer under armour cold gear from tj Maxx. Plus polar fleece, wool shirt, a big game coat from cabelas which has actually been pretty decent and was from the bargain cave. Plus the orange vest. Wool pants under oversized canvas bibs. Toe warmers. I sit, and hate getting cold.

Tundra, who makes the waterproof insulated bibs? Forget it I found em.

Last edited:
Base layer under armour cold gear from tj Maxx. Plus polar fleece, wool shirt, a big game coat from cabelas which has actually been pretty decent and was from the bargain cave. Plus the orange vest. Wool pants under oversized canvas bibs. Toe warmers. I sit, and hate getting cold.

Tundra, who makes the waterproof insulated bibs you have?
TJ Maxx is awesome for finding Under Armour stuff. I got a pair of coldgear scent control pants for $30 there... they're like, $110 regular price. Got some nice gloves and a turkey mask there, too. All pretty cheap, too! lol... it's the one thing that gets me in that store with my wife.

I wear wool sweaters all the time & have one on right now! They make a great mid layer for 'normal' cold or when youre moving around, but if i am sitting in a tree in the dead of winter, i wear the following:

base layer i wear the brown military issue poly pro long underwear,

mid layer is a set of GOOSE DOWN long underwear, (that i think are from Cabella's?) that are awesome!

outer layer is windproof pants and top that i keep separate and somewhat scent controlled.

The down pants/top are really great and will keep you warm no matter what. I keep them in my truck with a rain suit all winter - just in case, and i could lay in a snowbank with them on and be happy with the world!

Tundra, who makes the waterproof insulated bibs? Forget it I found em.

Chris I have a set of bibs from Cabela's bargin cave in 2k4 . There Cabelas brand "Northern Flight " They have been 100% water proof and warm as hell . Any Cabelas brand bibs or stuff is the deal for the money

Wool is the bomb. What else is great are those feet/hand warmers. Went hunting in Wisconsin and my water bottle froze solid, but I was fairly toasty with those things in my gloves and boots.

Back
Top Bottom