• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colion Noir gun rights debate with John Rosenthal

Always liked him.

I wonder why he parted ways with the NRA.
IIRC, same reason as Dana - it was related to the hullabaloo with the NRA's ad/PR firm that was in charge of all of NRATV. He talked about it back then, but I can't be bothered to go find it right now.

Nior is on fire (well, has been for the last 6-7 years).

He advised on how to call out "gun banners"

Whenever someone says "if it just saves one life.."
You ask "ok if we pass these laws and people still die, would you want more gun control to save another life?"
If they answer anything but "no", the end goal is to ban guns.

I wish Colion had attacked Rosenthal's use of what he refers to as a chain of logical arguments.

Your arguments don't hold water. It's not logical. We have the constitution and case law on our side.

John, certainly you are entitled to your opinion. But the Supreme Court has ruled. State courts have ruled. Constitutional carry is the norm in most states, many without serious crime problems.

The lack of honesty in Rosenthal's position is insane.

seriously. factual inaccuracy, logical fallacy, and general inconsistency everywhere. it gets to the point that I lack the capacity to believe when he makes statements like "I've talked to Heller..." You did, eh? Will he corroborate your statements and alleged quotes?

At 10:20 when JR quotes the 2A, he misquotes it. “the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. He wants to claim the 2A is about the military. It isn’t. It’s about the people.

ETA: I posted too soon. This guy is just quoting the parts he likes and adding things that he wishes were there. Heller doesn’t mention weapons in common use “at the time of the Founders”.

Last edited:
Man I barely made it through that. Rosenthal’s argument is clear emotional dishonesty. Cannot use logic with that type of person. Hopefully some anti’s or those in the middle saw through it.

I just finished listening. My BP is way too high now.

I was surprised at the moderators. More fair than I was expecting.
More than fair, it almost seemed tilted in favor of Noir. Not in a bad way.

I wish he would write out the info for what slow he was on. I'd like to see what else they've been doing.

I will save the video for later.
Been following Colion on YT and IG for awhile.
Lately his Instagram feed shows him getting crazy training opportunities with all kinds of fun toys...

Back
Top Bottom