• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Collapsable baton

Those were pre-86 MGs or sear guns constructed with pre-86 registered auto sears. Unless she is a Law Vegas Metro cop or Nevada National Guard soldier, she will not be handli g, much less firing, a true post-86 MG. I saw some of their weapons: MP40s, BARs, M3 grease guns, M2 carbines, M10A1s, etc. Mostly WWII, Korea and Vietnam-era weapons. Definitely pre-86.

You are wrong, those places use all post 86 machine guns, they are 07/03 FFL/SOTs. Your whole premise is wrong, I have a friend who is a SOT, we dropped a DIAS in my AR and shot it full auto all day long, this is completely legal.

Those were pre-86 MGs or sear guns constructed with pre-86 registered auto sears. Unless she is a Law Vegas Metro cop or Nevada National Guard soldier, she will not be handli g, much less firing, a true post-86 MG. I saw some of their weapons: MP40s, BARs, M3 grease guns, M2 carbines, M10A1s, etc. Mostly WWII, Korea and Vietnam-era weapons. Definitely pre-86.
My guess is that these rent a machine gun places are 07+SOT FFLs and the guns are in the inventory of guns they have manufactured, but are not offering for non-government sale. Paying the SOT tax (+ITAR registration if you go 100% by the book) is far cheaper than buying, renting out, and wearing out $20K pre-86 MGs.

Alan226, prisons and jails are full of numbskull know-it-all's like you. If short-barrelled shotguns and rifles are legal for civilians to possess in MA, then why aren't any FFLs in this state selling them? They are legal for LE and military only; felony for civilians like you. Put it to the test. Obtain one and take it out in public. Let us know which Trial Court of the Commonwealth you get crucified in!
I guess those 38 pages of SBR's in the NFA discussion folder are all criminals huh?

I've been a LEO for 17+ years.
You sir, are dangerous with your mis-information....

Gentlemen, we are way off topic here.

The topic is collapsible batons, with a wandering into the legality of them, use of them, and alternatives.

Let's stay on point.

and lets be civil to each other, we are allies, we need to stick together and be respectful of each other even when we disagree.
You are absolutely right. However, when a member spouts completely erroneous information, they need to be called out. Even when they are shown to be wrong and double down on the wrong info...

An ASP is a great addition if you know how to use it. You don't hit the perp in the head, fleshy parts of the body and it hurts like hell. Great for trying to subdue an individual attacking you who isn't armed with a gun or knife. It would be perfect to retaliate against these Antifa/Anarchist types if you were jumped/attacked..

I nominate this for top 10 most incorrect post on NES in 2020. Nothing comes close. Maybe somewhere around there's a guy saying you can't carry a gun into a bank in MA... but I haven't seen too many of those this year. [laugh]

I nominate this for top 10 most incorrect post on NES in 2020. Nothing comes close. Maybe somewhere around there's a guy saying you can't carry a gun into a bank in MA... but I haven't seen too many of those this year. [laugh]
Interesting that 7 out of 10 of the most incorrect posts on NES are from the same guy.....

An ASP is a great addition if you know how to use it. You don't hit the perp in the head, fleshy parts of the body and it hurts like hell. Great for trying to subdue an individual attacking you who isn't armed with a gun or knife. It would be perfect to retaliate against these Antifa/Anarchist types if you were jumped/attacked..
not to be contrary, but I think this training has changed. Obviously head shots are considered lethal force but thigh and bicep strikes don’t do much in the heat of battle. Strikes like that are good for a resisting perp, but less so against a dude trying to tear your head off.

I believe they train bone strikes now. (Wrist, knee, elbow etc) to subdue someone. With a little training there are some decent take down and submission techniques you can do with them also.

You've just never heard of a pre-86 select fire CZ Scorpion EVO that was launched in 2009.

You're wrong and you don't have to go to Vegas to prove it. Granite State has a very nice SCAR17 FULL AUTO they rent, shot it myself, very cool. And since that gun was designed in 2004 there is no way it's a pre 86 MG.

Interesting that 7 out of 10 of the most incorrect posts on NES are from the same guy.....
maxresdefault.jpg

.50 bmg round would make an excellent defensive hand-held weapon...

1605589779340.png

20mm Vulcan would be even better...

1605590216463.png

I carry this little guy when I’m out walking my dog. i email the CLEO before doing so, he said it was alright. I carry it in case someones off leash dog gets ahold of mine, or vise versa. would work as defense, or to break the grip of either dog biting. its only 12” open (5”ish closed), and weighted well enough where the hit would certainly have an effect. Also has a pocket clip.

Post 86 dealer's sample. They can own it but not transfer it to private citizens You can rent but not buy. Post 86 dealer's samples can be transferred to law enforcement agencies and the military only. They are very heavily regulated, as opposed to a sear gun that was constructed with a pre-86 registered auto sear. A Las Vegas dealer was prosecuted in federal court for manufacturing new machine guns and selling them. ATF has no sense of humor whatsoever with regard to such violations.

Post 86 dealer's sample. They can own it but not transfer it to private citizens You can rent but not buy. Post 86 dealer's samples can be transferred to law enforcement agencies and the military only. They are very heavily regulated, as opposed to a sear gun that was constructed with a pre-86 registered auto sear. A Las Vegas dealer was prosecuted in federal court for manufacturing new machine guns and selling them. ATF has no sense of humor whatsoever with regard to such violations.
LOL so instead of just admitting that you were wrong you just pivot and spray more garbage?

Also there are at least three things still wrong in your post I would suggest you just quit while you're behind....

Since I live in Wakefield, I contacted the Middlesex County District Attorney's office with a couple of questions. A woman named Alison took control of the conversation right away and basically interrogated me. I asked about minimum legal shotgun barrel lengths in MA. She asked if I was a MA resident, whether I held the proper FID or LTC to possess a shotgun, whether the shotgun was an assault weapon (she read the evil features list to me). I said no, just a Remington 870 12 gauge pump and I was a resident with the proper license. She told me the minimum legal barrel length for a shotgun was 18" and the minimum legal barrel length for a rifle was 16". I asked about police exemptions. She asked if I was a police officer. When I said no, she told me that I should not be concerned with police exemptions because they do not apply to private citizens. I asked about the collapsing baton. She said legal to keep at home or place of business for personal defense, but illegal to carry on the person or in a vehicle on any public way. This is from the people who prosecute folks who get arrested in Middlesex County. I would take their words seriously!

Since I live in Wakefield, I contacted the Middlesex County District Attorney's office with a couple of questions. A woman named Alison took control of the conversation right away and basically interrogated me. I asked about minimum legal shotgun barrel lengths in MA. She asked if I was a MA resident, whether I held the proper FID or LTC to possess a shotgun, whether the shotgun was an assault weapon (she read the evil features list to me). I said no, just a Remington 870 12 gauge pump and I was a resident with the proper license. She told me the minimum legal barrel length for a shotgun was 18" and the minimum legal barrel length for a rifle was 16". I asked about police exemptions. She asked if I was a police officer. When I said no, she told me that I should not be concerned with police exemptions because they do not apply to private citizens. I asked about the collapsing baton. She said legal to keep at home or place of business for personal defense, but illegal to carry on the person or in a vehicle on any public way. This is from the people who prosecute folks who get arrested in Middlesex County. I would take their words seriously!
Muh laws. Stop being a lawtard the law won't save you from getting jammed up if you are stupid or unlucky.

While you’re digging yourself deep here, want to come fix my well? You’ve gotta be below the water table by now.

Gentlemen, we are way off topic here.

The topic is collapsible batons, with a wandering into the legality of them, use of them, and alternatives.

Let's stay on point.

and lets be civil to each other, we are allies, we need to stick together and be respectful of each other even when we disagree.
I thought it was over at post #2 🤣

Why 'collapsible'?
I believe a Major's Baton is the most perfectly lethal killing machine to ever carry a beat...
This one has paracord accoutrements...
1605625418144.png
But, not everyone can pull it off...

Last edited:
I carry this little guy when I’m out walking my dog.
Uncle Al started carrying a golf club
after some tiny dog grabbed Fang by the neck,
and wouldn't let go; wouldn't let go even though
Uncle Al was kicking him in the nuts so hard
the dog's rear legs lifted off of the ground with every kick.

Not sure the next aggressor dog was gonna get teed up in the nuts, either.

Since I live in Wakefield, I contacted the Middlesex County District Attorney's office with a couple of questions.
Did you remember to tell them you were a consumer?

This is from the people who prosecute folks who get arrested in Middlesex County. I would take their words seriously!
That was from the people who are dealing with the fentanyl epidemic
by collecting and distributing quilts for the children of addicts.

... I believe a Major's Baton is the most perfectly lethal killing machine to ever carry a beat...
But, not everyone can pull it off...
bushcheer4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom