Collectible Firearms in Merrimack, New Hampshire

I've been going to Collectable since it first opened and Alex and Keith are great guys.

As for the lack of mil surplus at their shop ( and every other gun shop ) I think its more due to the national drying up of the mil surplus market.

3/2/1 year ago you could get 91/30's, M38's, M44's, SKS's cheap at just about any gun shop or at plenty of online stores.

Now you ( or any gun shops ) can't find any cheap mil surplus rifles available from any source!

Sad to say it but I believe the "good times" of getting mil surplus rifles (cheap or other wise) is over!

Every mil surplus rifle ever offered for sale ( Mausers, Enfields, Garand's. M1 carbines, etc) always follows the same sales curve.

At first they are plentiful and cheap...
Then then become popular and become a bit more expensive due to demand....
As demand increases, quantity decreases
As quantity decreases, prices rise in steps....
As quantity further decrease, was is imported is of poorer quality and prices increase further...
Finally there are no more "bulk" quantity's imported or available for decent prices.

All good things come to an end and this is true with the mil surplus market.

Think about this....

The 1950's pretty well marked the end of military production of the semi automatic only rifles
( except military sks's-- the Chinese/Yugo's were in continued production till the 1970's.).

After this point in time military rifles were select fire - semi full /auto.
These select fire rifles will never be imported so mil surplus rifles available to import is capped to any mass produced military rifles made before 1960's.e

There are not a lot of country's that have hundreds/thousands of semi auto weapons sitting around to export to the USA.

We've already gone through all the British surplus, German surplus, US surplus, Middle East surplus.

We are now finishing up with the last remaining available supply of surplus weapons ... old Soviet Union/China/soviet block country weapons.

So what you are seeing in gun shops now, is thoser cheap surplus rifles have now have attained the status of "Collector" pieces.

So its not really a point of a shop not wanting to "handle" military surplus... its more the fact that there are no longer any more mass quantities of mil surplus rifles around to import !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom