Collins Radio repair question

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Hi all,

I love my 75A-4 but now I'm looking for a KWS-1. Don't have the cash now but i'll save it up. I have noticed there are units on e-bay that need repair. Is that a fool's errand?

A KWS-1 is not the easiest transmitter to find for sale and a halfway decent one will cost you at least $2000.00 and even if it is listed as working if the caps haven't been changed you will still need the transmitter repaired or at the very least the caps replaced. If it is a repair or parts only listing be prepared for a hefty repair bill Between shipping to someone that repairs Collins equipment it is going to cost at least another $600.00 or more and that is if you have a radio that is in working order. Shipping alone will be over $150.00. Nice old radios mostly to look at and not use. Good luck on your quest. This is a project you will have to be committed to and to follow through with or else you will just end up with a unusable pile of junk. Put a lot of money aside for this project it will cost more then you think. I have been there.

Back
Top Bottom