• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colo. prisons chief shot and killed at home

Don't know if theres any connection. There's no telling what the back story is unless someone with knowledge spills the beans.

I'll bet things like this happen more often as oppression increases people start to fight back though.

If more of the Gov's staff are shot at, there may be a connection. However, this incident by itself does not make a trend. We should wait a couple of weeks and see what happens.

He was going to answer the door with his XDM 40 and realized that mag holds 16 rounds and was probably now illegal in CO so didn't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Any murder makes the world a worse place - my condolences to the victim's family.

And gentlemen, a bit of decorum would be appreciated. Political speculation and legislation related jokes in this thread are as distasteful as Reid's public insinuation that the death of the 7 marines in Nevada was related to the sequester.

First my condolences to the family. The guy worked in corrections all of his life in Missouri and Colorado. People who work in that field make lots of enemies. How you can link the new gun laws to this murder is a quantum leap IMO.

First my condolences to the family. The guy worked in corrections all of his life in Missouri and Colorado. People who work in that field make lots of enemies. How you can link the new gun laws to this murder is a quantum leap IMO.

+1

No connection whatsoever IMO. This guy was probably popped by some recently released criminal with a personal vendetta.

Any murder makes the world a worse place - my condolences to the victim's family.

And gentlemen, a bit of decorum would be appreciated. Political speculation and legislation related jokes in this thread are as distasteful as Reid's public insinuation that the death of the 7 marines in Nevada was related to the sequester.

You're absolutely wrong. There are many people in this world who's murder would make this world a much better place for alot of people.

Secondly, you've got 15 post on the board and you're trying to dictate "distastefullness"???[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes] Your presence here or not is only a mouse click away if you don't like what you see or hear. You might want to take advantage of it. Just like radio, if you don't like what you hear then spin the big knob.

Thanks Oma. I'll keep it in mind.

+2. My first guess would be a fired or demoted employee, or a family member. Most murderers know their victim. Random murders and even ex prisoners or their families/friends going after guards or staff are rare. A prison boss too, he hasn't had contact with prisoners in a long time.

You ain't got enough stripes on your sleeve son.

You're going to need a thicker skin around here.

Up to your post, I read no jokes related to this shooting.

I'm a nice guy, I don't work a job where I'm in charge of making people miserable, and I don't think anyone hates me "that" much, but I still carry when answering the door... especially after sundown.

Complacency leads to vulnerability.

If hickey pooper was shot. That may be an obvious answer. If this guy was hicken poppies right hand man, then maybe. But most people want credit for the action if there was a specific motivation that they wanted to portray. Such an individual who wanted to make a 2a stand would somehow make it known Either by a note, a phone call to the news, or another key individuals death. So if he's quiet, it was probably simple retaliation, or he's plotting more!

Clements leaves a wife, Lisa, and two daughters, Rachel and Sara, the governor's office said.

My condolences to his family.

...but related to the Hickenblooper bill signage? Puhleaze.

Sorry, did not want to get people bent. I feel for the family, I was just asking If it could be related thats all. The NY Times reports.
DENVER — The head of Colorado’s Department of Corrections was fatally shot as he opened the front door of his home, the authorities said, hours before Gov. John W. Hickenlooper signed into law a series of restrictive gun control measures.

I dont think Its just me thinking this way. Might be the comic books I read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/us/director-of-colorado-prisons-fatally-shot-at-home.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Sorry, did not want to get people bent. I feel for the family, I was just asking If it could be related thats all. The NY Times reports.
DENVER — The head of Colorado’s Department of Corrections was fatally shot as he opened the front door of his home, the authorities said, hours before Gov. John W. Hickenlooper signed into law a series of restrictive gun control measures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/us/director-of-colorado-prisons-fatally-shot-at-home.html?_r=0

Obviously, a felonious type getting one last shot in before new legislation ends all gun crime in the state. He'll probably move to Vermont now, where gun laws are lax, and join in the gun carnage there.

"While Clements generally kept a low profile, his killing comes a week after Clements denied a Saudi national prisoner's request to be sent to his home country to serve out his sentence."

Just speculating his murder has more to do with the Saudi connection rather than the signing of the anti-gun legislation.
Best regards.

They think they got the killer in Texas:

Texas shootout might be tied to Colorado slaying

A man who led Texas authorities on a 100-mph car chase that ended in a shootout yesterday and might be linked to the slaying of Colorado’s state prisons chief is a paroled inmate, officials said.

The Denver Post reported that the man is Evan Spencer Ebel, 28. A federal law-enforcement official confirmed that identity.

Records show that Ebel was convicted of several crimes in Colorado dating to 2003, including assaulting a prison guard in 2008. He apparently was paroled, but Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman Alison Morgan said she could not release information because of the investigation into the death of prisons chief Tom Clements.

Full Story >>> Texas shootout might be tied to Colorado slaying | The Columbus Dispatch

Update:

Tom Clements slaying: Woman accused of providing gun to Evan Ebel

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation said Wednesday night its agents have arrested a 22-year-old Commerce City woman on charges she provided the gun that killed state prisons chief Tom Clements last week.

The gun was recovered when 28-year-old Evan Ebel was shot by law enforcement officers after a high-speed chase and shootout in Texas on March 21.

Stevie Marie Vigil was arrested Wednesday night on charges she bought the gun from a licensed firearms dealer in Englewood in early March and gave it to Ebel, whose status as a convicted felon would have blocked him from buying it legally.

"The licensed firearms dealer has been extremely cooperative with investigators, and had no knowledge of Vigil's alleged actions following her legal purchase of the gun,"

Full Story >>> Tom Clements slaying: Woman accused of providing gun to Evan Ebel - The Denver Post

So the gun came from a straw purchaser.
Isn't there a law against this ???
Maybe we need a few more laws now. [rolleyes]
So tell me again how universal background checks would have prevented this convicted felon from obtaining that gun ???

Back
Top Bottom