• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt Lightweight Appetizer pics!

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
This started out as a well used Colt LW Commander(aluminum frame) The frame has some issues as the previous owner had stippled parts of the frame, mainly the front strap. The new owner wanted some upgrades and finish. The slide was fitted with a new Harrison Design rear sight and an XS small plain dot front sight. I fit a new EGW thick flange carry bevel bushing to the original Colt barrel. I turned a spring cap to get it to match the face of the bushing for a flat look. Good friend "Metalsmith" serrated the front of the frame to 20 LPI. I fit a new MSH and beveled the bottom. The owner wanted to keep the Colt thumb and grip safeties. A new Wilson extended slide was added. The original ring style hammer was surface ground to relieve the side to prevent rubbing on the frame. A fresh Grieder trigger was added as well as a trigger job to 5# for carry. The slide was high polished and hot blued. The lower was lightly glass beaded on the exterior only and then sprayed with graphite black Cerakote. Grips are smooth light walnut.

LWColtgd041014-02_zpsa88318bb.jpg

LWColtgd041014-11_zpsad64265f.jpg

LWColtgd041014-08_zps16db084e.jpg

LWColtgd041014-10_zps3b4deecb.jpg

LWColtgd041014-05_zps36fd21ca.jpg

LWColtgd041014-09_zps851beb4d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom