• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt M4 question

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Wicked dumb questions but I have a Colt M4 with Magpul furniture I’m planning to sell.

1. Is the Sequence beginning with LE on the magazine well below the Colt stamp the model #?

B. Where the he’ll is the serial #?

Can’t remember what I paid and want a fair price.

TIA

Wicked dumb questions but I have a Colt M4 with Magpul furniture I’m planning to sell.

1. Is the Sequence beginning with LE on the magazine well below the Colt stamp the model #?

B. Where the he’ll is the serial #?

Can’t remember what I paid and want a fair price.

TIA
Most colt model numbers are like 4 digits, of anything modern... eg "6520" " 6920" "R6400" "LE6920" etc.

The SN is going to be on the left side of magwell somewhere. Long string.

-Mike

On the ones I’ve had, the LE on the magwell is the serial number.

As for models, I've had lowers marked M4A1 but the box was marked LE6920SCM as the model. I’ve also had some transferred to me as GOVT or Govt Carbine, AR15, but I didn’t get the box with those. Not sure how those are marked from the factory.

Maybe I should care more, but when I transfer them, I only care about the serial number. So far no one from the state of Feds have come to my door, regardless of what I put for a model.

Dave

the serial number should be where you described. Pre-ban models generally have a 2 letter followed by several numbers serial (e.g. SP012345 for an SP1, MH123456 for match hbar), post-ban are 3 letters and then numbers.

I've never seen the model number rollstamped on one, its the model name (e.g. A2 Sporter Hbar) then the s/n below it.

Last edited:
This is what I have but have to find the box or call Colt as they no longer list the MA #.

Don’t remember what I paid, assuming MSRP + tax.

I have a buddy wanting to sell me one in excellent condition with free float barrel i guess. He has about 12 ARs and says it is his favorite. He said the 2013 model. What is the avg asking price on these?

Back
Top Bottom