• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt Trooper MK III .357 6"

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I have a chance to buy a pretty clean Colt Trooper.

I've always been a S&W guy and don't know much about Colt guns.

Any opinions on the Trooper MK III? This one is in 95%+ condidtion with only a small worn spot the size of an aspirin on one side and very minor wear near the muzzle.

The seller is asking $500 for this gun.

Any opinions? Has anyone purchased one lately? What do you think of them. Are they worth the price being asked?

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Blasphemy I know but I chose a Colt Trooper Mk III 4" in Nickle as my duty gun over the S&W 64 that the troops carried. I carried that gun for 17 years, qualified with it 2x/year and shot it every Sunday (practice) for a number of years. It's become a safe queen, but I'll probably never sell it. Great gun and mine was 100% reliable (my Chief ordered it for me new). If you want to try mine out, you know how to reach me. I'm busy on Saturday but Sunday is open.

I agree, although I'm biased. I've always been a Colt guy. I own two troopers, a MkI and a MarkIII. They're awesome. The price sounds right but check GunBroker to be sure.

I have a chance to buy a pretty clean Colt Trooper.

I've always been a S&W guy and don't know much about Colt guns.

Any opinions on the Trooper MK III? This one is in 95%+ condidtion with only a small worn spot the size of an aspirin on one side and very minor wear near the muzzle.

The seller is asking $500 for this gun.

Any opinions? Has anyone purchased one lately? What do you think of them. Are they worth the price being asked?

Thanks

Bill

If you're not interested in it, I would be interested for $500.

The Colt Trooper is an excellent revolver. I prefer the SA on the Colt's but opt for the DA on the S&W revolvers.

Back
Top Bottom