• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Colt vs. Glock AR-9

milktree

NES Member
Are Colt and Glock uppers interchangeable?

Yes, I know the lowers ate different.

I have a 9mm upper from FM and I think I had to wait for the right sku to come in stock. I believe they are two different uppers. Not sure what the difference is. But they do specify if it's for glock or Colt

There may be a rare exception out there, but they should be all able to run on a colt style lower or a glock style lower, or any adaptor situation. I know of some manufactures selling bolts specifically made to more reliably feed from a singly column (glock mag) but they are marketed as such

There may be a rare exception out there, but they should be all able to run on a colt style lower or a glock style lower, or any adaptor situation. I know of some manufactures selling bolts specifically made to more reliably feed from a singly column (glock mag) but they are marketed as such

Do I infer correctly that other than the bolt, which might not work with the magazine, the uppers are compatible?

e.g. : Glock bolt will work with both mags, colt bolts might not work with Glock magazines.

But the barrel location and and feed ramps are the same.

You could call and ask brownells. Their customer service is amazing.

Just pick out two priducts to ask them about... They won't know if you end up buying anything or not.

But I'm still in the belief that there is a difference between the two. When I was buying mine from Foxtrot Mike I had to wait for brownells to get it in stock. They could have easily told me to buy the glock one and it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom