• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Combat Shoots

THE BOOGEY MAN

NES Member
I went to a very informal combat shoot Sunday at my local club and enjoy it very much, I brought my trusty G-30 sf and shot ok, with that being said some people have way to much time on their hands.[wink] My question is I also own a G-26 how do we feel about the 26 in combat shoots and bowling pin shoots !!!!!

I think I know what shoot you went to and I think I was there.

As far as your question, I shorter gun means shorter sight profile - so it's doable but a little trickier.
That being said, I've always believed that shooting in a match with a carry gun may get you lower scores in the match then a specialized gun but will improve your proficiency with your carry.

Last edited:
Tuck & roll tuck & roll, is it go time yet? I am on the BAR, check mate this is king two over.

I went to a very informal combat shoot Sunday at my local club and enjoy it very much, I brought my trusty G-30 sf and shot ok, with that being said some people have way to much time on their hands.[wink] My question is I also own a G-26 how do we feel about the 26 in combat shoots and bowling pin shoots !!!!!

Some clubs do not allow 9mm for bowling pin shoots. They say it may deflect.

Love the sarcasm !!!! Love being flamed for asking a question, Thanks !!! Mad Russian a pm will be inbound this evening I believe we shot together I have a few questions Thanks.

Could you tell us what a combat shoot is? Ive taken my 9mm to bowling pin shoots but no matter how well i shoot i am just giving my money away to the good shooters with 44's and 45's. Ive been trying to talk them into running some stages with only 9mm since enough usualy show up.

Bring whatever you shoot best, but that having been said, longer barrels and sight radius tend to produce the highest scores, which is why 1911's and full size service pistols tend to dominate the competitions.

I seem to remember Supermoto posting pics of his new 40 cal 1911 recently that I am sure is a tack driver in his hands.

I guess it really depends what you want out of these shoots. If you want to just go and have fun while practicing with your carry gun, bring the little Glock. If you want to win these competitions, buy a nice 1911 and a ton of practice ammo.

Enjoy the shoots. Sounds like you have been bitten by the bug. [grin]

What the shoot was called was a "Combat Tactical Shoot" it had cardboard cut outs of good guys and bad guys they thru in some bowling pins for ha ha's this was a timed event. I enjoyed it very much my question was about using a G-26 in these shoots as my EDC's are either a G-30 or G-26 I saw guys shooting with real nice target pistols but I really don't think they EDC these !!!! I would like to know if there are shoots that are geared to EDC ?

Thanks

My thoughts echo those below. If your objective is to be competitive, then use the best possible competition gun you have. But if you want to improve your ability to shoot your carry gun, then use that one.

I think I know what shoot you went to and I think I was there.

As far as your question, I shorter gun means shorter sight profile - so it's doable but a little trickier.
That being said, I've always believed that shooting in a match with a carry gun may get you lower scores in the match then a specialized gun but will improve your proficiency with your carry.

You could just post up an answer. I heard some people on here like to shoot.

are you saying this site is for people who like to shoot? Here i was thinking it was the hello kitty fanclub [sad2]

OP, does sound like an interesting time. Was it strickly pistol only, or did they allow anything?

if that's what you plan on carrying, id shoot it just for the practice

as for bowling pins **** those things

also nice meeting you.

what's a combat shoot? Do you shoot at each other..

it's like a more laid back IDPA, it's just what they call it. I guess they call it that cause when it's warm out we do 3 gun

what's nice is that it's go your own pace, no high speed race stuff, if you step over the line or not get perfectly behind a barricade no procedural. the only thing really stressed is safety.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Any way I could join in on the action or just point me in the right direction?? Thanks

I do the club IDPA matches at my range which are really low key and helpful to beginners. There is no fame or fortune on the line so I use it as practice and use my EDC Walther PPS when I shoot. The only real disadvantage I feel using it is the smaller mags since I am grouped with the stock service pistols or whatever and everyone else runs 10+1.

As far as matches geared to EDC you want to look for BUG (back up gun) matches which happen on occasion.

Bring the G26 if you want an excuse to not do well. It's like when Pincus runs a J-frame at the tactical instructor competitions and places in the bottom 10%.

If you're going to play a game it makes sense to have the right gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do " combat shoot" and "specialized pistol" even fit in the same sentence? ANY pistol ought to be a combat tool in my book. And the only combat shoot worthwhile is the one where your target moves and yells "Allah snackbar"

How do " combat shoot" and "specialized pistol" even fit in the same sentence? ANY pistol ought to be a combat tool in my book. And the only combat shoot worthwhile is the one where your target moves and yells "Allah snackbar"

You don't get more tier 1 HSLD switched on operator than this. If you buy 2, HK will send you a plate to duct tape to your back
hk_M723001-A5_bb.jpg

Oh, ok.
Although I must say, I've held Golddiggie' race gun. It's nice. But IMO, if you practice combat shooting, whatever that may be, do it with the tool you're most likely to carry when a similar situation arises in real life.
It's not for me anyway. At my weight and age, a tactical roll can break your hip like nobody's business. I'd have to call in Gecko45 in case of confrontation.

Oh, ok.
Although I must say, I've held Golddiggie' race gun. It's nice. But IMO, if you practice combat shooting, whatever that may be, do it with the tool you're most likely to carry when a similar situation arises in real life.
It's not for me anyway. At my weight and age, a tactical roll can break your hip like nobody's business. I'd have to call in Gecko45 in case of confrontation.

Some of us like to have fun shooting guns, rather than focusing exclusively on defensive uses.

Back
Top Bottom