• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coming for your ammunition

CrackPot

NES Member
If it is too hard to come for your guns, lets come for your ammunition

Basically they want to make online sales of ammo illegal federally. Sellers of ammo will need a federal ammo sellers license. Any "bulk" sales (1000 rounds or more) will need to be reported to law enforcement (state and local). This comes sponsored out of the cesspool known as NJ.

Still just referred to committee but worth watching

I'm not sure even the anti gunners quite understand the "end online ammunition sales" buzzword/agenda.

Basically nothing about it seems to involve lack of background check, just a matter of restricting where we shop. Its as if they think somehow buying online skirts existing laws.

I know anti gun folks want to chip away at anything they can yada yada, but this one is a head scratcher. I bet if you asked Biden and Harris separately they both would have totally different statements describing the reasoning behind it. Seems to be based on a lack of understanding of how existing federal law works.

It's sad to say but I see most local gun stores supporting this kind of legislation. Online sales have been a thorn in their sides for years.

Here's the thing: both the local gun shop and the big volume sellers are represented or are eligible to be represented by NSSF. Which of the two do you think donate and communicate more with NSSF?

While there are some incredibly short-sighted individuals that run gun shops, I don't think the the industry as a whole is willing to get behind this. Shit, Brownell's GIVES away barrels of ammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad to say but I see most local gun stores supporting this kind of legislation. Online sales have been a thorn in their sides for years.

I don't to be honest but also, even if it succeeded, I bet the end result would be places springing up who specialize in bulk ammo locally. Target sports suddenly has a local storefront in CT, MA, NH, ME, etc etc

Last I knew, locals can pick up orders from Target Sports here...just down the street. Some years back when they were in Southington they sold out of the warehouse.

in other news, I just noticed I have a lot more 9mm, .45acp, .308 win and 5.56 than....Target Sports....

Last edited:
This tyranical bullshit IS NOT going to be resolved in any court, nor are the blatant attacks going to stop.

Guns, rope and gallows will be the ultimate answer to these problems. If you don't believe me, just sit back amd wait another two years and see.

I'd encourage everyone to obtain body armor, as much ammo and reloading components as you can or cannot afford
( max out a creditcard or three ) and hone your marksmanship skills for at least minute of headshot accuracy. Learn to shoot what you already have.

Disperse you assets.

I disagree, because at least as this is being floated it includes additional regulatory burden for gun shops selling ammo. This isn't simple one liner that goes "only FFLs can sell ammo in person". Do you think gun shop owners want more regulatory burden and compliance garbage? Most are going to be.... "How about no" .

I disagree, because at least as this is being floated it includes additional regulatory burden for gun shops selling ammo. This isn't simple one liner that goes "only FFLs can sell ammo in person". Do you think gun shop owners want more regulatory burden and compliance garbage? Most are going to be.... "How about no" .

Another thing: where are the local shops getting ammo? Anywhere they can in any volume they can. Shooter's Hooksett found another FFL coming in and buying ammo from Shooter's to sell at his own shop.

The local gun shop is very low on the "who gets new guns and ammo" list.

If it is too hard to come for your guns, lets come for your ammunition

Basically they want to make online sales of ammo illegal federally. Sellers of ammo will need a federal ammo sellers license. Any "bulk" sales (1000 rounds or more) will need to be reported to law enforcement (state and local). This comes sponsored out of the cesspool known as NJ.

Still just referred to committee but worth watching
Cue the 999 count round cases...

I remember several years ago a post here on NES which accused the Deli Counter owner and other larger gun stores owners with "secretly" applauding Maura's rules on no internet ammo sales allowed into the state as it helped their bottom line. I'd have to read the fine print of these bills, but overall I'd bet some of those same owners would be happy if gun owners had to come to them for "ALL" of their ammo needs.

Seems to be based on a lack of understanding of how existing federal law works.
I think their intention is simply to make owning and using firearms a pain in the ass in order to win the long term gun culture war, with a side of "We did something!" to appease their base. The harder and more expensive it is to exercise the second, the fewer and less often people will do so. Stack enough of these measures on top of one another and in a generation or two, gun owners could be reduced to a fringe group easily run over by a then disinterested or hostile popular culture.

What also sucks there’s a lot of shops specially around me I’ve had plenty of time over the last 10 years to catch up to the online sales all they have to do is offer ammo in the quantities and wpeople want if they can’t do that people will go elsewhere I only started re-loading because the eight or 10 shops around me never had moreThen a few hundred rounds of what I actually want it and none of them really seemed interested in ordering anything.
That really hasn’t seem to change especially around my local

Heck even before the Internet age I always find myself traveling out of Massachusetts to find what I wanted for ammunition and reloading supplies

If you're not making your own you are behind the 8-ball...... I buy factory ammo when affordable but I reload and keep my stocks deep for occasions like the past year.
I’m sure that they will end up including powder and primers in their definition of ammo.

I think their intention is simply to make owning and using firearms a pain in the ass in order to win the long term gun culture war, with a side of "We did something!" to appease their base. The harder and more expensive it is to exercise the second, the fewer and less often people will do so. Stack enough of these measures on top of one another and in a generation or two, gun owners could be reduced to a fringe group easily run over by a then disinterested or hostile popular culture.

They'll never make it to a generation or two down the road. There will be an outright two way shooting war long before that and we're about at that tipping point right now.

I remember several years ago a post here on NES which accused the Deli Counter owner and other larger gun stores owners with "secretly" applauding Maura's rules on no internet ammo sales allowed into the state as it helped their bottom line. I'd have to read the fine print of these bills, but overall I'd bet some of those same owners would be happy if gun owners had to come to them for "ALL" of their ammo needs.

I find it hard to believe that a gun shop wouldn't be in favor of the .gov eliminating their competition through legislation and making them more money.

I find it hard to believe that a gun shop wouldn't be in favor of the .gov eliminating their competition through legislation and making them more money.

It's one thing if you do a straight on MA AG style blockade, this introduces no compliance burden for the shops. They still get their shit (and have always gotten their shit) practically
forever.

It's another thing if you set this up as a federal thing and includes ammo logging BS as part of an audit. Nobody with a brain wants more liability with BATFE like that.

They'll never make it to a generation or two down the road. There will be an outright two way shooting war long before that and we're about at that tipping point right now.
I think we're too comfortable, conservative and cowardly for a "shooting war" these days, especially if they take their time. So many - myself included - will say they have too much to risk plus some variation on "Eh, I've got my reloading supplies." And when I say a generation or two I have in mind 20-40 years. If that seems quick, well, think back to where the popular culture was just ten years ago on matters of critical race theory, sexuality and gender.

Back
Top Bottom