• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Common sense gun control" is one of three major issues on Pelosi's agenda for 116th congress

Her "common sense" and my "common sense" have completely different meanings. Hers is definitely not common.

"The left has come to regard common sense - the traditional wisdom and folkways of the community - as an obstacle to progress and enlightenment."

-Christopher Lasch-

Good luck with that. I'm hoping Trump actually holds out for the wall just to stick it to the Harpy.

Amen, although I am not optimistic about it. Problem is, the public never sees the truth, to them it is always the Republicans who are at fault. Of course, that's what the MSM will deliver.

She can't even talk. Her mind is just flopping around in her head.
WTF has she done in the 40 plus yrs in office? Another fine example of the voter base.

Good luck with that. I'm hoping Trump actually holds out for the wall just to stick it to the Harpy.

The Dems have at least one card they can play to get virtually anything they want. Put their garbage in a bill that funds the border wall. There's no way he'd veto that. Once they've got what they want, they'll find a way to defund the wall.

Hers what's gonna happen: the demagogue who's occupying the White House right now will trade YOUR rights for HIS wall, and call it a victory and a great deal. The Trumpettes on this forum and all over the States will tell themselves that it was a 4D chess move, the dems win. Watch!
Absolutely scares me to think that but I bet your right. The legals will take it on the chin somehow

Hers what's gonna happen: the demagogue who's occupying the White House right now will trade YOUR rights for HIS wall, and call it a victory and a great deal. The Trumpettes on this forum and all over the States will tell themselves that it was a 4D chess move, the dems win. Watch!

In other words, business as usual in DC.

Hopefully Trump realizes (and all Repubs.) that that's a faster way to ensure not getting reelected in 2020 than giving up on the wall. No wall means he probably won't get reelected. Sell our 2A rights down the river means him and all other Repubs won't get reelected

Last edited:
I voted for trump because of all his NRA rah rah ! I’m not giving up hope on him yet. The wall came second for me but I’d still like to see it tho ..... let’s not forget everything he has accomplished. I think he will get re-elected on those achievements alone

That is one of my fears. To get the wall Trump will put everything on the table and let Pelosi pick and choose whatever issues she wants so that Trump can get his wall. The funny thing is Trump didn't do this when he had republican control of the house. Trump is a deal maker not a chess player.

"I want common sense gun control, a getaway car and the letter M stricken from the English language." You always need one crazy demand when you become speaker of the house.

Gun control. LOL

I've been saying it for months, it's awesome when you are the leader of the opposition party because you can pass all sorts of bat-poop-crazy legislation that will never go anywhere. No one has to worry about being called anti-gun in their blue-states. It can help prop up your party. The GOP did it for many years under Obama. Although at least their legislation made SOME sense.

Back
Top Bottom