• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

complete lower

Looking to buy a complete lower this weekend, any recommendations on what to get, or stay away from? Trying to stay under $500.

Look in the classifieds. Mil spec is Milspec. how fancy do you want to go? Some lowers have better features like Areo but when it comes down to it how much does that really impact function? Not much.

i don't need anything top-tier. just don't wanna buy anything that will make me regret it.

Looking to buy a complete lower this weekend, any recommendations on what to get, or stay away from? Trying to stay under $500.

Slap on an upper and you have a hell of a rifle.

I'll sell you a complete factory unfired KAC SR15 IWS lower for $2500, you won't regret it :)

I would just keep an eye out for a private sale Aero and make an offer on it,.... "Free state prices" for one is about $230,not $425 so don't let them fool you $425 for a f'n Aero lower makes my KAC seem like the bargain of the century... "Free state prices" lol The only "Free state" pricing that is going on there is the wholesale cost of the lower.

I'll sell you a complete factory unfired KAC SR15 IWS lower for $2500, you won't regret it :)

I would just keep an eye out for a private sale Aero and make an offer on it,.... Free state prices for one is about $230,not $425 so don't let them fool you :) $425 for a f'n Aero upper makes my KAC seem like the bargain of the century... "Free state prices" lol
$230 for a complete lower?

I have been using a 'Poverty Pony' lower for my self built .458 socom and have shot a few thousand rounds through it with zero issues. I have had perfect service from stripped Anderson lowers for several builds, so they are OK in my book. I think the finish is a little better on Seekins, Spikes, and Aero lowers so I recommend them as well but you will pay just a little more.

I would just keep an eye out for a private sale Aero and make an offer on it,.... "Free state prices" for one is about $230,not $425 so don't let them fool you $425 for a f'n Aero lower makes my KAC seem like the bargain of the century... "Free state prices" lol The only "Free state" pricing that is going on there is the wholesale cost of the lower.
I want a kac lower with littletons zipcode in the serial number

I have been using a 'Poverty Pony' lower for my self built .458 socom and have shot a few thousand rounds through it with zero issues. I have had perfect service from stripped Anderson lowers for several builds, so they are OK in my book. I think the finish is a little better on Seekins, Spikes, and Aero lowers so I recommend them as well but you will pay just a little more.
I've had lowers from Bushmaster , Hughes Armament , Alexander Arms , Stag , and I have 2 Anderson lowers now and they were every bit as nice as those. Zero problems with building no fitment issues.

There is something to be said for “buy once cry once”. The lowest tier lower would be an Anderson lower, so called a “poverty pony” and even they won’t let you down.
Sometimes they do.

Mine is perfectly fine, and chances are the one you buy will be too. But some are out of spec. They’re cheap because they don’t do as much QC as pricier options.

I own double digits in Aero, M4E1 and M5. Bought them both built and stripped, sometimes based on simply what was a better deal or available.

Without looking, ballpark waaaay under $500 for a complete, mid $200s maybe.

One thing to mention, if you go with a better lower reciever like that, buy their upper to match - is purely cosmetic but becomes a uniformly contoured piece that way.

When I want a simple mil spec, I go Anderson with an integral trigger guard - haven't found a reason to use anything else, but if I couldn't get those I'd be looking at Stag & Spikes. Really is just a feel good thing, brands that give you the warm fuzzies from past experience etc etc

Dean Safety has M4E1 stripped lowers for $200 out the door. If I buy one from primary arms it is $141 shipped plus transfer fee ($40-$50). I’m not going to sweat spending an extra $10-$20 lol
I’m not a skinflint lol

Last edited:
I “splurged” recently and spent an extra $100 to get a Sharp Bros Jack lower. Looks badass and top notch quality for $100 over an Aero. Seemed like an easy decision for me. My other AR’s are poverty pony lowers

The only thing you may want to avoid are polymer lowers. They are said to have cracking issues. Besides that, most lowers come from the same forge, and finish and roll marks are the only difference.

Dean Safety has M4E1 stripped lowers for $200 out the door. If I buy one from primary arms it is $141 shipped plus transfer fee ($40-$50). I’m not going to sweat spending an extra $10-$20 lol
I’m not a skinflint lol

$40-$50 transfer fee and not blinking? Guess Im a skinflint :)

How much does an stripped M4 Aero lower go for in a shop in NH or any other state? Be realustic, a stripped lower from JoeBobs is $106 and free shipping. $20 transfer fee and you are looking at $130.. If thinking $70 over is skinflinting, Im a skinflinting biitch :)

Why no comment on the complete lower "free state pricing") is not wanting to pay double also fit your definition of a skinflint?

Last edited:
$40-$50 transfer fee and not blinking? Guess Im a skinflint :)

How much does an stripped M4 Aero lower go for in a shop in NH or any other state? Be realustic, a stripped lower from JoeBobs is $106 and free shipping. $20 transfer fee and you are looking at $130.. If thinking $70 over is skinflinting, Im a skinflinting biitch :)

Why no comment on the complete lower "free state pricing") is not wanting to pay double also fit your definition of a skinflint?
A complete Aero lower from Primary Arms will cost me $329 shipped. Plus $40-$50 transfer. $370-$380.
Lowest transfer fee on regular stuff I’ve seen is $25 so if I say $25 for transfer it’s $354. Though no one at the mill is charging $25 for AR lower transfers. They will for standard compliant guns though.
Again I’m not going to sweat a local shop getting an extra (at most) $45. More like an extra $20-$30. Especially if it means no need for them to share FFL info, wait for it to be shipped etc

Back
Top Bottom