• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

complete lower

I cant find any news newer than 2017.. For some reason I dont think it ever got past the planning stage.
I'm sure you're right. It was 2013/4 when I was talking to Johnny about getting that to happen.

IIRC, the founder is a businessman who is likely more interested in selling companies than running them. He seems to have done a couple trials with .gov agencies, in the hopes (I expect) he could use the contracts to sweeten a sales package.

It's a shame, because there's probably some money in the consumer market for someone who actually cares about selling the product.

And thats my point, people justifying the high prices and pretending its normal even though I can link numerous examples of actual "free state prices"..My friend in NH said his final cost on that $220 complete Aero M4 lower with free shipping would be $245 from his FFL.

Arent Anderson clamshell packaging lowers like $40? lol Edit: Anderson stripped lower from Primary is $48 -12% sale they always have.. Sure if I dig harder I could find free shipping :)

Anyone buying at retail doesn't expect to get an "internet" price. (Well, at least if they not retarded) It's pretty "normal" to see price stratification. Not to mention some retail operations value their time more than others. (There's a different time value cost for selling the product vs just doing a transfer, too).

Even an NH FFL selling a poverty pony for under $100 to a walk in is basically just punching themselves in the dick and/or leaving cash on the table. And the enthusiast guy that wanted to get his build done that weekend is still going to come in, bite his tongue and buy your lower when his skinflint special from puds/psa got stuck in transit or sent to a crack house across town, so there's that.... 🤣

It's not functionally any different from Cumberland Farms deciding to not sell bottles of Coke for $0.50 or something.

Anyone buying at retail doesn't expect to get an "internet" price. (Well, at least if they not retarded) It's pretty "normal" to see price stratification. Not to mention some retail operations value their time more than others. (There's a different time value cost for selling the product vs just doing a transfer, too).

Even an NH FFL selling a poverty pony for under $100 to a walk in is basically just punching themselves in the dick and/or leaving cash on the table. And the enthusiast guy that wanted to get his build done that weekend is still going to come in, bite his tongue and buy your lower when his skinflint special from puds/psa got stuck in transit or sent to a crack house across town, so there's that.... 🤣

It's not functionally any different from Cumberland Farms deciding to not sell bottles of Coke for $0.50 or something.

It's also a very captive audience in MA, imagine ammo prices if TS USA didn't deliver here... WalMart stopping the sale of popular calibers was a godsend to many dealers in terms of ammo, not as big as TS USA selling here though... Ammo is tough though because I am pretty sure there are steep dicsounts for high volume dealers, small shops can't compete...Everybody is anti-gov when they own a business, until the .gov eliminates their competition then it's like they secretly pull the lever for the people eliminating competition LOL

Never forget the "women for Obama" sticker at the Old Glory gunshop or whatever it was called in the heart of one of the various panic buying seasons, it was one of the owners because I was up there and it was only car in lot before it opened.. They carded me for a USP45c mag lol

It's also a very captive audience in MA, imagine ammo prices if TS USA didn't deliver here... WalMart stopping the sale of popular calibers was a godsend to many dealers in terms of ammo, not as big as TS USA selling here though... Ammo is tough though because I am pretty sure there are steep dicsounts for high volume dealers, small shops can't compete...Everybody is anti-gov when they own a business, until the .gov eliminates their competition then it's like they secretly pull the lever for the people eliminating competition LOL

IMO TSUSA didn't really change hard MA floor pricing, it just made reasonable priced anmo more accessible/convenient. There are still B&M vendors that will get in the wheelhouse of TS, but you have to be picky.... people like to b**** and moan about being in Mass but honestly with regards to ammo most of these people either don't know how to talk to people like humans and carry a bit of cash or they also don't know how to drive.... especially considering like 50% of the state is probably within 1 to 2 hours of the steepest discounter of ammo in New England..... 🤣 people are just lazy. Not all that long ago (long before covid, though) I used to negotiate with cash and a few different dealers in mass and NH and get pretty good prices. I'd buy the captive audience excuse if there was a border wall around the state, but there isn't. It literally only exists in the mind of MA townies that are too lazy to drive anywhere.

Never forget the "women for Obama" sticker at the Old Glory gunshop or whatever it was called in the heart of one of the various panic buying seasons, it was one of the owners because I was up there and it was only car in lot before it opened.. They carded me for a USP45c mag lol

That's a whole other ball of wax, that's a poorly thought out risk aversion strategy. That's one of those places I just don't step in the door though I don't think I've been in there since way back when Paul still owned it. It's just a meh box store with none of the box store junk benefits LOL....

IMO TSUSA didn't really change hard MA floor pricing, it just made reasonable priced anmo more accessible/convenient. There are still B&M vendors that will get in the wheelhouse of TS, but you have to be picky.... people like to b**** and moan about being in Mass but honestly with regards to ammo most of these people either don't know how to talk to people like humans and carry a bit of cash or they also don't know how to drive.... especially considering like 50% of the state is probably within 1 to 2 hours of the steepest discounter of ammo in New England..... 🤣 people are just lazy. Not all that long ago (long before covid, though) I used to negotiate with cash and a few different dealers in mass and NH and get pretty good prices. I'd buy the captive audience excuse if there was a border wall around the state, but there isn't. It literally only exists in the mind of MA townies that are too lazy to drive anywhere.

That's a whole other ball of wax, that's a poorly thought out risk aversion strategy. That's one of those places I just don't step in the door though I don't think I've been in there since way back when Paul still owned it. It's just a meh box store with none of the box store junk benefits LOL....
When I seen that bumper sticker, that was the last time.. It was the old shop.. Have not been there since.

I remember back when 500rd cases of XM193 were almost $200 at 4S, Rileys was $89... People were just lazy like you said.. I guess when somebody smiles at you don't think about the raping you are getting :) One or 2 boxes sure, why drive up north? But when I would buy 2 cases just about every other weekend, I'll travel 90 minutes... Pretty sure I posted the prices on here back in the day, but people loved going to 4Seasons....

or they also don't know how to drive.... especially considering like 50% of the state is probably within 1 to 2 hours of the steepest discounter of ammo in New England..... 🤣 people are just lazy. It literally only exists in the mind of MA townies that are too lazy to drive anywhere.
Man that is so true. I can't tell you how many people I've met who want to buy an offlist pistol or AR lower and once I tell them they need to drive just under an hour from Glosta, they lose interest[banghead]
I knew a guy at my club looking for decently priced 223/5.56 ammo as he "can't find any"....When Norma had a sale on their 223 for 42 cpr shipped and I explained to him he just needs to ship to the UPS Store in Salem NH, he said that sounds like a PITA and he'll keep checking with Four Seasons...
Same with another guy at my club looking for "cheap" 6mm creedmoor ammo. Gave him links to online vendors that don't ship to MA so he needs to ship to the UPS Store, nope I'll keep paying way more from "Larry"

And these aren't guys who have 3 kids and work 70 hours a week either - those people I understand time is an issue.

Lol never said that, only made the claim that people going to price stuff at the level where they can justify selling it at. It's up to the market to determine whether that is fair or not and it usually does a good job of leveling itself out.

Someone selling a $249 lower for $400 is no different than me whaling someone the other day for $200 to install two batteries that barely cost me $5 apiece. Positioning. Arbitrage. Convenience, etc. All that stuff plays into the price something is set at. Whether that's a viable business model is between the dealer their bank acct and god or something.

There is no elephant btw. Anyone with google, a telephone and social skills can figure out how to get a cheap lower in mass at this point. Hell there are posts in this thread where some guy posted a poverty pony offer that was like a hundred bucks or so. Which btw is about the NH retail price for those......
You wrote "poverty pony". Be prepared for your PM inbox to be filled with offers to spend the night and shoot 6.5 Creedmoor in the morning.
[laugh]

When I seen that bumper sticker, that was the last time.. It was the old shop.. Have not been there since.

There was literally like 4 iterations of that shop, The old tiny shop (in Paul's house, at the time) and then he put up the Barn and moved it in there. Then at some point after that it changed owners. Then after that the new owner moved it to the new building, etc. (I think this was a few years ago, but this is just based on what ive seen posted here).

I remember back when 500rd cases of XM193 were almost $200 at 4S, Rileys was $89... People were just lazy like you said.. I guess when somebody smiles at you don't think about the raping you are getting lol One or 2 boxes sure, why drive up north? But when I would buy 2 cases just about every other weekend, I'll travel 90 minutes... Pretty sure I posted the prices on here back in the day, but people loved going to 4Seasons....
The other fun trick with Riley's is that they would actually troll the s*** out of people with that ammo which was actually pretty great once you understood what was going on like the pallet in the store with the ammo on it was never actually full they would just put a few cases on there and watch it disappear and then it would only stay empty for a short while and then magically more would materialize on the pallet later, but the appearance of the pallet made think "oh its going fast i better buy it now" but it was a good deal regardless. One time I bought like the 2nd to last case, some guy behind me bought one. Then I left the shop, got lunch somewhere, and came back, and more was on the floor... [rofl] bought another one... [rofl]

I don't remember Rileys ever being that cheap though. the number I remember was more like $149 or $159 a loaf, but I bet early-early 2000s it was cheaper than that at
times.

Also this is hard to believe but DTE/4S used to be great on some kinds of ammo. I remember buying cases of GT for $76 there. But then the demo of the shop shifted over time, and I don't blame them for not wanting to leave that cash on the table. I would take the "drooling, deli ticket munching, 4S townie groaner I dont wanna drive nowhea" cash too, and I would still sleep soundly at night doing it.

Average newer DTE customer = (this character voiced by Bill Burr)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KH4_AVeAY

Man that is so true. I can't tell you how many people I've met who want to buy an offlist pistol or AR lower and once I tell them they need to drive just under an hour from Glosta, they lose interest[banghead]
I knew a guy at my club looking for decently priced 223/5.56 ammo as he "can't find any"....When Norma had a sale on their 223 for 42 cpr shipped and I explained to him he just needs to ship to the UPS Store in Salem NH, he said that sounds like a PITA and he'll keep checking with Four Seasons...
Same with another guy at my club looking for "cheap" 6mm creedmoor ammo. Gave him links to online vendors that don't ship to MA so he needs to ship to the UPS Store, nope I'll keep paying way more from "Larry"

And these aren't guys who have 3 kids and work 70 hours a week either - those people I understand time is an issue.

I still remember a PM convo I had with some guy on here many years ago. He posted a whine in a thread about "glocks" about "how every glock 36 was like 700 dollars" and then I PMed him a link to TWO DIFFERENT classified ads from western mass (like near springfield, not full blown all the way like exit 2 western mass) where the sellers had guns in GREAT condition in the 400s range. Response "DATS TOO FAHR!" basically im like jesus christ kehd my time is worth a lot too, but thats like 3 hundo less than the thing you were just bitching about 4 hrs ago... [laugh]

I still remember a PM convo I had with some guy on here many years ago. He posted a whine in a thread about "glocks" about "how every glock 36 was like 700 dollars" and then I PMed him a link to TWO DIFFERENT classified ads from western mass (like near springfield, not full blown all the way like exit 2 western mass) where the sellers had guns in GREAT condition in the 400s range. Response "DATS TOO FAHR!" basically im like jesus christ kehd my time is worth a lot too, but thats like 3 hundo less than the thing you were just bitching about 4 hrs ago... [laugh]
Jesus. God help these people 😂
1660231762900.png

You wrote "poverty pony". Be prepared for your PM inbox to be filled with offers to spend the night and shoot 6.5 Creedmoor in the morning.
[laugh]

I'm still trying to come up wiht something for PSA's junk. Poverty Skinflint Armory or something? [laugh]

I kid tho, their shit is actually decent for what it is. It's just that I wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire for the way they treated people in the past.

AHKCHUALLY I am driving in that region soon. I should try to buy ammo at PSA and see if they "chase me out into the parking lot cuz MA plates" like that other guy on here. [rofl]

There was literally like 4 iterations of that shop, The old tiny shop (in Paul's house, at the time) and then he put up the Barn and moved it in there. Then at some point after that it changed owners. Then after that the new owner moved it to the new building, etc. (I think this was a few years ago, but this is just based on what ive seen posted here).

The other fun trick with Riley's is that they would actually troll the s*** out of people with that ammo which was actually pretty great once you understood what was going on like the pallet in the store with the ammo on it was never actually full they would just put a few cases on there and watch it disappear and then it would only stay empty for a short while and then magically more would materialize on the pallet later, but the appearance of the pallet made think "oh its going fast i better buy it now" but it was a good deal regardless. One time I bought like the 2nd to last case, some guy behind me bought one. Then I left the shop, got lunch somewhere, and came back, and more was on the floor... [rofl] bought another one... [rofl]

I don't remember Rileys ever being that cheap though. the number I remember was more like $149 or $159 a loaf, but I bet early-early 2000s it was cheaper than that at
times.

Also this is hard to believe but DTE/4S used to be great on some kinds of ammo. I remember buying cases of GT for $76 there. But then the demo of the shop shifted over time, and I don't blame them for not wanting to leave that cash on the table. I would take the "drooling, deli ticket munching, 4S townie groaner I dont wanna drive nowhea" cash too, and I would still sleep soundly at night doing it.

Average newer DTE customer = (this character voiced by Bill Burr)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KH4_AVeAY

Ya, they were $89 a case for a while..

The vanishing pallet was hilarious now that you mention it I remember lol. They actually kept al lot of the ammo behind through the door in the safe/back room.. Best deals I got from Riley's is when they would set up a booth at the Manchester show and blow out surplus ammo.. They would sell out of everything and be packed up and gone by noon on Saturday lol. Ahh the good old days when I used to shoot a thousand rounds every weekend it seems, probably not that extreme, but ammo conservation due to cost wasn't even in my thought process.

Ya, they were $89 a case for a while..

The vanishing pallet was hilarious now that you mention it I remember lol. They actually kept al lot of the ammo behind through the door in the safe/back room.. Best deals I got from Riley's is when they would set up a booth at the Manchester show and blow out surplus ammo.. They would sell out of everything and be packed up and gone by noon on Saturday lol. Ahh the good old days when I used to shoot a thousand rounds every weekend it seems, probably not that extreme, but ammo conservation due to cost wasn't even in my thought process.

Yes those were the days. I would empty those stupid 20 rd boxes of 762 x 39 into 30 cal ammo cans, you could fit like 500rds of x39 in a can. id take one of those with me and burn through probably half the can, lol. we also had a ritual wherein we had to burn off at least 500 rounds of 22LR per session. Sometimes it was more than that. Golden bullet, $8.99.... [rofl]

The best part is that if you do value your time at more than (e.g.) $100/hr, you have less reason to whine about something that costs "too much." Put in a couple extra hours and buy it already. Yeah, it's not "fair" - life is tough; get a helmet.

Yes those were the days. I would empty those stupid 20 rd boxes of 762 x 39 into 30 cal ammo cans, you could fit like 500rds of x39 in a can. id take one of those with me and burn through probably half the can, lol. we also had a ritual wherein we had to burn off at least 500 rounds of 22LR per session. Sometimes it was more than that. Golden bullet, $8.99.... [rofl]
This is what I get for joining late, right? I hear these stories and it sounds like

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMtp2WxEA4

Kind of the reverse logic of people that drive 100 miles away to save money on something but end up eating the savings in gas lol

Kind of the reverse logic of people that drive 100 miles away to save money on something but end up eating the savings in gas lol

If your vehicle uses that much gas you have bigger problems. A lot of times the price deltas are huge. Or in other cases dealers would have products not offered.

Hell back in the day I used to go to Rileys once a month just to get primers etc, and that was 120 mile round trip. NBD, still cost me less than 20 bucks in gas. Even today it wouldnt
be much more. (if they still existed)

In that case, the glock whiner from the loop would have made out like a bandit. He could have driven a school bus down the pike and back and he still would have saved $200. [rofl]

Last edited:
If your vehicle uses that much gas you have bigger problems. A lot of times the price deltas are huge. Or in other cases dealers would have products not offered.

Hell back in the day I used to go to Rileys once a month just to get prinmers etc, and that was 120 mile round trip. NBD, still cost me less than 20 bucks in gas. Even today it wouldnt
be much more.

In that case, the glock whiner from the loop would have made out like a bandit. He could have driven a school bus down the pike and back and he still would have saved $200. [rofl]
I think he's talking about the folks that'll drive 20 miles to save 5 cents per gallon on gas. Really? So in exchange for $1 off your 20 gallon tank, you wasted an hour of your life and a gallon of gas...

I believe the phrase is "penny wise, pound foolish"

I think he's talking about the folks that'll drive 20 miles to save 5 cents per gallon on gas. Really? So in exchange for $1 off your 20 gallon tank, you wasted an hour of your life and a gallon of gas...

I believe the phrase is "penny wise, pound foolish"

yeah, chasing gas stations around is crazy, lol. I also used to laugh at the dudes loafing at BJs gas idling... burning gas while wiating for gas.... so they coul save maybe 5 or 10 cents per gallon vs the station literally no more than 200 yds away- that they had to DRIVE PAST to get into the BJs. [rofl]

Unless you're bored. You didn't save anything, but you wasted 3.5 hours. It's like going to the movies but without the $15 cost of a ticket. LOL

Hell back in the day I used to go to Rileys once a month just to get primers etc, and that was 120 mile round trip. NBD, still cost me less than 20 bucks in gas. Even today it wouldnt
be much more. (if they still existed)

When I smoked I would go to Market Basket in Nashua and buy smokes, but I would buy 5 cartons at a time :) I think it was $70 in MA and $35 or $40 in Nashua.

Does 4 Seasons have an aerosolized cocaine dispenser in the HVAC system or something? They have some seriously dedicated customers. I know someone who will not go to the closest store, and will not go to Littleton, but will always go to 4 Seasons when buying ammo. Even when I point out cheaper, closer options.

And of course buying ammo online is “pretty sketchy, is that even legal?!” so that’s not an option…

Back
Top Bottom