• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concealed Carry Question

**Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move it to the correct one. Thanks! ***

I had a question that very few people have been able to answer. I've already heard all of the reasons why carrying a gun in a purse isn't the ideal way, but, sometimes it is the only way for a woman to carry.

I've seen the Coronado Leather purses on line and drool over them, however, I'm leary of spending $169 on something I've never touched or looked at with my own eyes. Coronado Leather does not have any dealers in the NorthEast.

Does anyone know of any leather stores or gun stores that sell concealment purses in or near MA?

Thanks.Gail

Gail,

Regretably no!

There is one Coronado dealer from PA who USED TO do the MA gun shows, but no longer comes up here. He carried them and had them with him at the shows.

There is one big leather dealer at the gun shows. He's from NH and I've blanked out on his name right now (CRS). Didn't see him at last Big E show I attended however and others told me that he may have "packed it in". He doesn't carry Coronado as far as I know.

I dont like ANY of the bags for sale.

But I really liked my current Eddie Bauer bag.

I took a cheap-o uncle mikes thumbreak holster and had mom sew it to the inside. Works perfect, and its far more functional than any CC bag out there.....

If you want leather, Im sure a leather-worker (maybe shoe repair?) will sew a holster into it for a reasonable price....

There's a dealer in Gotham, Upland Trading Company. I don't know if they hit any of the shows. You might try them at (212) 673-4994.

Ken

Gail, I had the same problem. Most of the time I'm carrying around my waist, or if the drss is long enough, a thigh holster, or whatever works with what I'm wearing. However, there are times when I need a bag. I've tired to find some, but, like you, I don't want to buy a bag is I can't play with it. What I did was go to stores and look around. I have found bags that work for concealed carry and I haven't paid big bucks for them. I've been the luckiest at, believe it or not, Wal-Mart. Try looking around before you order something on line.

Thanks Lynne, I made a tote bag for when we road tripped to PA over the summer. I put a hidden pocket on the inside of the bag so that you couldn't see where the gun was secured. I've picked up numerous bags at Wally World that I was able to modify to work with my handguns. I found one at Liz Claiborne the other day, but, it was red, and I just bought a red purse so I couldn't justify it [lol] Now that I'm thinking of it, I might go back and buy it. [lol]

gail-s said:
I found one at Liz Claiborne the other day, but, it was red, and I just bought a red purse so I couldn't justify it [lol] Now that I'm thinking of it, I might go back and buy it. [lol]

When you're trying to conceal your "never leave home without it" piece, it's always justifiable! [lol]

Back
Top Bottom