Concealed Carry Question

rwfishman

NES Member
I know it is not permitted to carry or bring a firearm in to a school or on school property; does anyone know for sure if that pertains to religious organization too? For example, if I wanted to go to a church food festival would it be legal for me to carry a concealed firearm on their property?
Thanks

There is nothing in the law about churches, just schools, federal buildings and Logan Airport. Go for it.

There is a preacher, who is a member on this site, who told me a while ago that he carried a Glock 23 under his robe while standing at the pulpit conducting mass. So if he can do it, so can you

See Chapter 269 10J:
(j) Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer, and notwithstanding any license obtained by him under the provisions of chapter one hundred and forty, carries on his person a firearm as hereinafter defined, loaded or unloaded or other dangerous weapon in any building or on the grounds of any elementary or secondary school, college or university without the written authorization of the board or officer in charge of such elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or both. For the purpose of this paragraph, “firearm” shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or smoothbore arm from which a shot, bullet or pellet can be discharged by whatever means.

Back
Top Bottom