Concealed Carry Question

I may be taking a new job which would entail inspecting bank owned distressed properties. This would have me in some less than desireable areas on properties with people that may or may not be excited to have me there.

What are the laws concerning carrying on private property? I'd really like to have a "friend" with me at all times.

There aren't any. Yes, it really is that simple. The only exception would be is if that private property constituted a school.

-Mike

There aren't any. Yes, it really is that simple. The only exception would be is if that private property constituted a school.
Yup. As long as the property is not a school and you have an unrestricted LTC-A, then you are good to go.

I visit a few "less than desirable areas" through out the week. You bet I'm packing, no other way to go. Practice your draw from concealment and keep your SA up. Stay safe!

SA?

I am brand new to carry so REALLY need to do some practicing. All I own right now is a S&W .357 Mag with a 4" barrel. I bought it for home defense and never thought about carrying. I have carried a few times and it's a real beast. Maybe time to think about a smaller semi-auto?

SA - situational awareness.

A 4" revolver is rather large for concealed carry. If you are a revolver guy, then there are lots options including many different S&W J-frames and the Ruger SP101.

But more important than hardware is training.

Found it on Google. People think I'm packing down there as it is so I don't know how concealed it'd be. [rofl]

Seriously though, looks like it'd be a drag having to sit while wearing one of those? I'd be in and out of my car constantly.....

SA - situational awareness.

A 4" revolver is rather large for concealed carry. If you are a revolver guy, then there are lots options including many different S&W J-frames and the Ruger SP101.

But more important than hardware is training.

Thanks. I agree with everything you mentioned. I will hit the range and take some classes. The .357 is really a beast and gets to be uncomfortable when worn for any length of time- hangs heavy on the belt.

I originally bought a revolver for simplicity because I didn't intend to carry it- only for home defense- less moving parts, less cleaning, fewer things to break, etc. At least that was my newbie thinking.

That said, I am not opposed to a semi-auto at all if I buy a carry specific gun.

Suggestions? I'd like to be able to carry with one in the chamber but uncocked (position 2?).

Thanks. I agree with everything you mentioned. I will hit the range and take some classes. The .357 is really a beast and gets to be uncomfortable when worn for any length of time- hangs heavy on the belt.

I originally bought a revolver for simplicity because I didn't intend to carry it- only for home defense- less moving parts, less cleaning, fewer things to break, etc. At least that was my newbie thinking.
All those things are true of a smaller revolver as well, and you are already familiar with them. Consider something like the Model 640: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=15704&isFirearm=Y

Stopher - piece of advice - PRACTICE. Second piece of advice is - PRACTICE. and lastly, PRACTICE. Be aware of your surroundings, be comfortable with your firearm and drawing it. You can practice at home with it unloaded, which is good. Get comfie with your gun and then take a course.

That said, I am not opposed to a semi-auto at all if I buy a carry specific gun.

Suggestions? I'd like to be able to carry with one in the chamber but uncocked (position 2?).[/QUOTE]

uncocked? if you need to use it you'll only have seconds to choose to or not most likley. the S&W M&P compact is a decent gun at relativley low $.

Suggestions? I'd like to be able to carry with one in the chamber but uncocked (position 2?).

uncocked? if you need to use it you'll only have seconds to choose to or not most likley. the S&W M&P compact is a decent gun at relativley low $.[/QUOTE]

I have a S&W M&P9c that I love (it has a trigger job). If you'd like to try it out, shoot me a PM. It was under $500, but be prepared to spend good money on a belt/holster setup for good concealment and comfort. I carry 10+1 in the pipe, ready to go. I know my gun isn't going to go bang unless my booger hook pulls the trigger.

A double action only semi auto like a Beretta PX4 Type D or a S&W 5946 would work almost exactly like a revolver.

However, carrying a 4" revolver is easy if you have a proper belt and holster. I do it all the time and I am NOT exaggerating.

Sounds to me like you've tried to carry your wheelgun in a cheapo holster hanging from a dress belt. That will NEVER work.

Back
Top Bottom