Concealed Carry

All I know is this, I never named my GUN or CAR.

S&W named it a Model 60 J Frame and BMW named it 323i.[laugh]

I also find the word "Power Trip" amusing when it's applied to someone that carries occasionally, even though they may practice once a week at the range to become more proficient.[laugh]

So what the heck do I know.

I also find the word "Power Trip" amusing when it's applied to someone that carries occasionally, even though they may practice once a week at the range to become more proficient.[laugh]

Nice one !!![rofl]

I can't carry due to the city I live in. When I did carry, back in Washington, I made it a point to carry everywhere except the post office.

If you're going to carry, you should, IMO, do the following:
1. Make damn sure you're ready to take another human being's life. Think about it long and hard, because bravado aside, it would affect you in a giant way. If you're not ready to do this, don't carry.
2, Practice with your carry gun until you're an honest to God "dead-eye dan" with it. Imagine the guilt of having shot an innocent because you missed.

If you've done these two things, or are willing to, then IMO you should carry everywhere. First you should get used to the mindset (I'm not allowed to get road-rage, unnecessary confrontations, etc.), and second, simply being comfortable being armed.

You're quite right, sometimes it's a pain the the butt. In my case, I found it something I could live with, and later on, something I was proud of. I always knew that if, God forbid there was need for an armed person, I was there and ready.

If we all did this, the world would be a safer place.

If all you do is practice once a week (or more) with what you carry on your hip then you have shown you don’t know too much.

ETA: thank you for showing that a firearm is nothing but a tool with your post.

i rarely carry. i have yet to carry a gun into a large city, &ive never carried in NH even though i have the license. ill probably never open carry ever in NH either.

the pattern i have is i seem to carry a gun when its cold outside, since i exclusively use the 5.11 shirt with the pockets in it to carry. it keeps me warmer. im pretty sure i wont be carrying at all in the summer or spring.

oh, and when i carry, i never chamber a round. theres only one other person i know of on NES that carries that way.

...and here comes the criticism...

To the OP, I carry everywhere I legally can, avoid places where I can't, and if worst comes to worst, leave the gun locked in the trunk or at home if I absolutely must.

I know people with LTC's who very rarely carry, and most of the people I know like that just don't see a need, it's not because they feel better or anything.

I guess I have just unconsciously had the notion of prayer and firearms not mixing.

Check out Luke 22:35-36, where the last thing Jesus told the assembled group of disciples before he was arrested and killed was "...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Also Psalm 144, where David praises "...the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Or Romans 12:18 where it says "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (not be peaceful unto death, but live at peace as far as it concerns you).

Those are just a few verses off the top of my head, but make no mistake, the Bible is a book of war. I don't want to argue it with anyone or force beliefs on people who don't want them or care about them, but we're both church-goers, so...

And think of it this way. If you carry a gun, you may well take someone's life with it. If you kill someone, you're going to send them to meet their maker, whether you were defending yourself in a shopping mall or a house of worship.

All I know is everytime I've drawn my gun, it's been with a silent prayer at the very least. [grin]

Stay safe out there.

i rarely carry. i have yet to carry a gun into a large city, &ive never carried in NH even though i have the license. ill probably never open carry ever in NH either.

the pattern i have is i seem to carry a gun when its cold outside, since i exclusively use the 5.11 shirt with the pockets in it to carry. it keeps me warmer. im pretty sure i wont be carrying at all in the summer or spring.

oh, and when i carry, i never chamber a round. theres only one other person i know of on NES that carries that way.

What's to criticize? I could care less how or when another lawful gun owner carries. It's your personal choice to carry, nor not to carry.

I only criticize the priggish, moralist, uppity, holier-than-thou, don't-need-a-gun-and-neither-should-you, neo-prohibitionist, gun-grabbers who want to tell me when I can and can't carry.

And it's none of their God-damned business!

you arent the only one. i've carried my glock a few times (pretty much before i got my J-frame), and i rarely ever chambered a round...mostly because i didnt trust the holster i carried it in. i've since retired that holster, and have been looking for a replacement. now? i wouldnt...simply because the trigger is a tad light for my tastes for something i'm jamming in my pants and sitting on.

J-frame FTMFW.

Back
Top Bottom