Concord Gun Show, tables booked (need stuff/trades!)

I just unpacked the truck from the Augusta show and need to cut a pile of belts and make some rifle slings for the Concord show!

I'll have some barter items there:
-Para Ord 1911
-AR lower (maybe, awaiting) + parts
-Absurd amounts of holsters, belts and slings

What I need, for product photo shoots:
-A Rossi lever gun in 357 or 44 (16" please)
-Hammered coach gun, 12 gauge, modern manufacture needed

NH LTC ok for the above. All rules apply.

I'll be whipping up a pile of my scabbard and yaqui holsters for the 1911 (lefty and righty). If you need me to set one aside, PM me.

Regards,

Andy

Was there from opening to noon. Usual stuff. Was walking past the ammo guy at the back left side, the guy with handwritten signs "don't open boxes, what don't you understand?", when I see a bin of .45 Federal JHP 50 round boxes with a sign stating .45 cal $19.99. Great price, so I grab two, walk over to the guy to buy them. He says "those are $35.99." I say, " your sign on the bin says $19.99 a box" He says "those are really good rounds, the price is $35.99". I says " why do you have a sign on them for $19.99?" He says.." they're $35.99". He doesn't walk over to pull the sign, just keeps stating the price. This is 11:45, I really doubt I'm the first person to try to buy these. Apparently he figures the buyer will roll over and pay $35 bucks. Bait & switch. Fug that a$$hole, next show I'm going to open EVERY box I touch at his tables, and dump as many out as I can! I suppose he bought high, and is going to gouge as many people as he can.

I just got back. Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour was fun. Should have turned around but the next exit was the one before the show anyway.

I saw that guy and in fact his price on Pari 9mm was good enough that my friend bought a thousand rounds. but he only took cash which is odd in today's market. Nothing of interest and no deals that I would look twice at and the primers at $40.00 a thousand really were not a deal. The guy with the sing had WW white box at $50 for 45ACP. What a deal.

The vendors I know said traffic through was very light. In fact for the first time I found parking not all the way out back.

Last edited:
Next gun show he's at, buy something and pay with pennies, that will get him. [laugh2]

I just got back. Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour was fun. Should have turned around but the next exit was the one before the show anyway.

I saw that guy and in fact his price on Pari 9mm was good enough that my friend bought a thousand rounds. but he only took cash which is odd in today's market. Nothing of interest and no deals that I would look twice at and the primers at $40.00 a thousand really were not a deal.

The vendors I know said traffic through was very light. In fact for the first time I found parking not all the way out back.

Was that the guy with a huge layout of ammo, 8+ tables? If so it is Steve from NY and he is the most arrogant dealer I've ever met at a gun show.

Was that the guy with a huge layout of ammo, 8+ tables? If so it is Steve from NY and he is the most arrogant dealer I've ever met at a gun show.

Yeah, a real scumbag. Great prices..if you like it up the poop chute. $8 for Tula 762x39. I can pick it up at Manchester WalMart for $5.17 any day of the week.

Slowest Concord Labor Day show I've seen since before Newtown. Yesterday was like as Sunday. What will today be like? Boss decided not to bring the whole store like we have in the past and I have over a table of my own stuff I've accumulated over the years. Did alright with that so my prices must be okay and the few people who made offers didn't lowball so they were rewarded. The Internet and smart phones have killed most impulse purchases.

The Appalachian Ammo guy has some good stuff. Been running his 45 and 380 ammo for a while.

Andy

Jeff and Nancy are good people.

I am beginning to wonder if Old Lady Diprete is telling these vendors that they have to charge outrageous prices for stuff at the shows. I do know that Joe Ammo won't do a Diprete show any more because she broke his balls about his pricing right at the height of Ammogeddon. I went, got right in, and spent not one thin dime! Over priced everything, and I'm not paying for it. Many of those vendors are fat & out of shape, you would think that they would be thin & trim after lugging all that heavy shit in and out of shows week after week because people are too smart to buy it.

The Appalachian Ammo guy has some good stuff. Been running his 45 and 380 ammo for a while.

Andy

Slowest Concord Labor Day show I've seen since before Newtown. Yesterday was like as Sunday. What will today be like? Boss decided not to bring the whole store like we have in the past and I have over a table of my own stuff I've accumulated over the years. Did alright with that so my prices must be okay and the few people who made offers didn't lowball so they were rewarded. The Internet and smart phones have killed most impulse purchases.

Jeff and Nancy are good people.

I used to try to go to this particular show each year. Last year was a turning point for me. I spent a mere 1.5 hours in the show, bought nothing, was disgusted with Glenn Sorenson's price ($80) for a brick of .22LR as well as most prices. I wanted to get an M1A and found only a few at too high a price. Ended up scoring one from a private party in the SouthWest, saving $100s even after shipping and FFL transfer fee.

Wrt ammo . . . not sure we're talking about the same people. I was talking about Steve from NY who lays out cases of ammo in plastic tubs. He prices very high unless he sees competition at the same show beating his prices. He's also arrogant as hell. I know that he brings his son and a number of others with him to the shows. Back in 1999 I tried to buy 2 cases of .223 from him and asked him if he took ccs or checks . . . it wasn't his answer that turned me off but the arrogance in his answer (no to both, but he went into an endless rant that wasn't necessary) that drove me to not buy from him. He gouges at the Big E because he's the only ammo dealer there.

I have no issues with the quality of the ammo he sells, I only have an issue with the arrogance of the dealer!!

Andy and I were offering an alternative - albeit much smaller - source for ammo for people rather than Steve Spivek of United Cartridge (or whatever his company is called now). His son split off from him, IIRC, and I don't know who kept the name.

Appalachian Ammo are the Jeff and Nancy I was referring to. They are from Maine and have always been friendly and helpful when I've dealt with them. I've never had a problem with their ammo and apparently neither has Andy. They've been doing the shows for 4 or 5 years now and have an easily found website. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Andy and I were offering an alternative - albeit much smaller - source for ammo for people rather than Steve Spivek of United Cartridge (or whatever his company is called now). His son split off from him, IIRC, and I don't know who kept the name.

Appalachian Ammo are the Jeff and Nancy I was referring to. They are from Maine and have always been friendly and helpful when I've dealt with them. I've never had a problem with their ammo and apparently neither has Andy. They've been doing the shows for 4 or 5 years now and have an easily found website. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

I sorta knew that you couldn't be talking about Steve and his helpers! [rofl]

Went there Saturday. Picked up a couple of Christmas presents. More trinkets than firearms related. As a mass res, my list was short due to restrictions. Was looking at m1's but I just didnt like the prices. Same with the glock magazines I saw. It was my first show, so I did enjoy myself there. The girlfriend did too.

Yeah, I think DiPriete's shows are having trouble pulling in folks like they used too. Even the vendors: about 2 1/2 years ago, I bought a HUGE stash of ammo from a guy that was moving. Tons of 5.45x39 etc. I tried to get a table in Concord, like 5 months befor the next show. No chance, booked up. So I called the old woman and asked when I could get a spot, and she got salty with me and said "I said we are booked up!" I started to ask about other locations, and she hung up on me!
Fast forward to this weekend..... there were some folks near the entrance with THREE tables, selling hokey targets....or should I say displaying, hokey targets of zombies and hippies. From "booked up for years" to filling tables with crap that no one would want!

Concord Show After Action Report:
-It was not a "bad" show, it was a bit slow and Sunday was hot as heck.
-Some deals were to be had, I did my pre-show scan on both days and saw some interesting guns going for some ok pricing. A few clunkers and some overpriced items as well. I almost brought a few items home because of the deals. (and we all know how cheap I am!)
-Ammo Pricing: It'll never, ever, be the same as it was. It's now a commodity. 22 still seems scarce.

Curiously I had quite a few folks come to my table, check out the holsters and accuse me of selling "Chinese Stuff". WTFO? I patiently explain that I make everything here in my NH shop out of some pretty nice leather. Some balked and did not believe that a man actually sews things (seriously, I have the coolest stitcher ever made!) others implied that I stamp other peoples work with my name. Quite odd, it would be offensive if I had thinner skin.

I had the chance to page through some distributor literature while at the show. Markups have really changed since I had my FFL/Gunshop, not for the better.

Andy

The second some asshat accused me of selling Chinee crap, or not doing my own work, I'd have told the guy to piss up a rope. You are a better man than me.

I love the gun show weekends. Since I learned not to bother, the gun stores are empty and the prices are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom