• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Concord ice arena gun show September 8,9

ChrisNH

Dealer
NES Member
Ok, September 8-9, the Concord, NH Everett Ice Arena show in quickly approaching! I will be there with ammo, magazines, bayonets, maybe some books, knives (switch blades), bigger show than the FCAC show, but to be expected where the Ice Arena holds 300 tables. This is about the largest show in NH.

I'm planning on being there for a while, probably Sunday. That's the weekend before the NH Primary and I need to be out banging doors down that weekend.

Hey Timbo! Just make sure ANTI-GUN MAURA SULLIVAN, DEMOCRAT, DOESN'T GET ELECTED TO CD-1. SHE'S FROM ILLINOIS AND PORTSMOUTH, NH. TWO LIBERAL HELL HOLES!!

Hey Timbo! Just make sure ANTI-GUN MAURA SULLIVAN, DEMOCRAT, DOESN'T GET ELECTED TO CD-1. SHE'S FROM ILLINOIS AND PORTSMOUTH, NH. TWO LIBERAL HELL HOLES!!
Unfortunately, CD-1 isn't in my district so I don't have much clout over there. CD-2 (my congressional district) has mega-leftwing college towns in it meaning there will be many out of state, non-domiciled college kids voting for Shea-Porter [puke] so you can be sure I will be voting for a strong conservative.

What is your intention to go to a "gun show". Are you looking for "NEW" guns? Or are you looking for collectibles. Unless you do some research prior to going, the show may be a disappointment. I'm not trying to say "don't go" but if you've never been, buying might be out of your domain. This is not a "flea market", much to the disappointment of a lot of buyers who think they are going to get stuff with 1980's pricing. This show is about the largest for NH. Manchester might be a little bigger, but not significantly. The big show in King of Prussia, PA, 1000-1500 tables is a good show and then the Grand-daddy of them all Tulsa, OK, 4000 tables. Can't see the whole thing in a day. Bring cash!! and an open mind! You might find something you can't live without.:)

A little over a half hour from me. Worth going to? I haven't ever actually been to a gun show.

I would say absolutely if you're that close, I'm a good hour away. I went to the last one there and it was great but I didn't leave myself enough time and had to kind of rush around. Wish I had 2 hours or more to go back and do it again. I gotta disagree with Chris a bit though, there's still flea market stuff there for sure. Its a good mix of some new, some collectibles, some knives, some hidden treasures, and some junk (not at Chris' table though! ;) )

Not looking for 1980's pricing at the shows, but not looking to pay 5 times retail for ammo or components that can be bought at LGS for less.

I couldn't set up at the FCAC show due to injury [sad] and might just hang out for a day in Concord with Stoneagle depending on how mobile I am.

CD-2 (my congressional district) has mega-leftwing college towns in it meaning there will be many out of state, non-domiciled college kids voting for Shea-Porter [puke]

Think you mean Annie Kuster in CD-2.

I wonder how much pressure was put on Shea-Porter by the DNC to not run so the door would be open for the carpetbagger Maura Sullivan?

I couldn't set up at the FCAC show due to injury [sad] and might just hang out for a day in Concord with Stoneagle depending on how mobile I am.

Think you mean Annie Kuster in CD-2.

I wonder how much pressure was put on Shea-Porter by the DNC to not run so the door would be open for the carpetbagger Maura Sullivan?

Right...I stand corrected. I need sleep ;-)

OK, I'm set up. I have Spanish .308 (7.62x51) Here's the pricing breakdown:
The Spanish ammo has the S B separated by sword. It reads CETME on the packaging. The lot is dated 11 Sept 1962. There is no NATO cross on the headstamp. The headstamp shows 7.62-C T 62. My educated guess means 7.62 CETME TOLEDO 1962.
$15/box, 5 for $60. I also have 2x Crates which contain 1680 rounds each. Here's the breakdown:
$15/box 0.75/round
$60/100 rounds 0.60/round
$840/1680 rounds 0.50/round (84 boxes, weighs about 100 lbs. per crate)
I have a 50 cal can full of the boxes.
I have the PRE-BAN Colt 9mm 32rd magazines $75 each

Will be there with cash to buy reloading brass, tools and equipment. Note to Vendors: Trump has been President for nearly two years, and has two more to go. No one is paying over retail any more. Lug it in and price it right, you make a sale. Lug it in, price it like it's September 2016, and you'll be lugging that shit home.

I’ll be out campaigning on Saturday but plan on dropping in on Sunday.

Chris, where are you located in the arena. I want to make sure to come by and say hi.

Arrived shortly after 9AM, there was no line, and as I approached the entry, there were a couple of fellows handing out tickets. One asked me if I was a veteran, which I am, and he told me the ticket would knock the entry fee down to $5.00. Since I am a Marine, I told them it should get me in for free, but they weren't buying it. (Note to Maura Sullivan; I had an ID card in my wallet that documents the fact that I served in the Corps; you might want to produce something similar from your service record book showing that you recieved the CAR. Especially when you claim that you "fought in Iraq"). The discount was a nice touch. Place was not full, and I could move around easily. No smelly bastards that reeked like an Italian Sub, either, so BONUS!! Now the bad part; not all tables were full; in fact, some had a couple of things zinged on them to appear that they were being used. Vendors were the mix of usual suspects, and some that don't hit every show. Gun prices that I looked at were high, no deals to be found in what I like. Reloading stuff for the most part was over priced. Saw a 50 year old Rock Chucker II Press for $90.00 - WTF??? Ended up with a couple bags of reasonably priced brass, but left with nothing else. The money I brought to spend was safely tucked in my wallet, unused and alone, just like that old Trojan that I lugged around for most of the Ninth Grade, "just in case". I did hear that the VT shows might start up again, which would be nice.

Went this morning as well. Didn't find what I was looking for, but did get a nice USGI pouch with 4 USGI M1 carbine 30rnd mags for $75. Pretty decent deal. Otherwise there was mostly over priced guns, ammo and junk. Still fun going and hit a number of gun stores on the way back down. Typically save my ammo money for 619DW Guns & Ammo as they typically beat just about everybody else ammo price wise.

A show is only as good as the bargains you find and the people you meet. I did OK.

Was some grumbling from the vendors about the cost of tables going up and no vendor discounts at the hotels as well as the drop in attendance by vendors and buyers.

Interestingly there was a seller with a complete table full of CMP M1's, complete with recent CMP tags for what looked like +$400 over the CMP Price.

Last edited:
Table 69 was empty... Guess they finished the show and went home. ;)

Scored a couple of minor deals. A $5 Hogue AR pistol grip and a $40 "cerakote blem" stripped upper.

In not long after 9am (no lines, no waiting) and out before noon.

Made the 'usual' store rounds after the show. I was looking for a mag holder for a single stack 1911, but there were none at the vendors. Ended up getting one at Next Level.

I wasn't able to get a ride down there (right leg in cast). Report from my friend was consistent with what others have said and he was happy with his sales given the attendance.

Sounds like Patti sold out at the right time.

Just got back...typical show pricing on most stuff (high). I'm sure there were good prices on some stuff yesterday but I was campaigning so I couldn't make it. I wasn't really looking for anything particular. Though I ended up not buying anything, I did sign up for VA stuff. I was going to do it anyway pretty soon and they were already there so I figured, what the hell. It'll save me a trip to Manchester.

I went today with a friend and I'm never going again, this is my last gun show in the Northeast.

I hadn't been in 3 years and there's a reason why. Cost to get in, had no guns I was interested in, so many top break revolvers that were in poor condition asking $300 for them, a Ruger Old Army for $1195 is like something from a fiction novel, old guys selling ammo for $15 more than you can get it for online (.327 is out of stock everywhere, so he was price gouging and he was price gouging in 2014 too.)

All I got out of it was some Hornady .22 Mag Critical Defense for $10.

The only good thing I could say was the ATF boys were sitting on their asses, which is good because it means they weren't out setting up Randy Weaver again or gassing women and children.

Since I was in NH, I figured I'd stop by Shooter's Outpost and they had everything I had gone to the show to see, even a Burnside rifle and guess what? It was free to go into the store and look and the prices were actually reasonable. They had suppressors, NFA items, and displays to test AR triggers and I finally get why two stage triggers are popular.

I really can't fathom what's at a gun show that's worth the time to bother. The day of the gun show, at least outside of places like Las Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, are over.

I really can't fathom what's at a gun show that's worth the time to bother. The day of the gun show, at least outside of places like Las Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, are over.

I agree... I was thoroughly spoiled by going to a crossroads show in Phoenix last spring. I was there from open to close, 1 very full day, and I know I didn't see everything...and prices were reasonable. I only bought a mag for my CZ82 because they aren't easy to find. If it wasn't for the sales tax out there, I probably would've bought more. I just knew that A) I could buy it in NH for the same price, less taxes and B), I didn't want to mess with airline baggage crap carrying any firearms back.

This will probably be the last show I go to. You are right, Shooters and Riley's are free and the prices are better.

I agree... I was thoroughly spoiled by going to a crossroads show in Phoenix last spring. I was there from open to close, 1 very full day, and I know I didn't see everything...and prices were reasonable. I only bought a mag for my CZ82 because they aren't easy to find. If it wasn't for the sales tax out there, I probably would've bought more. I just knew that A) I could buy it in NH for the same price, less taxes and B), I didn't want to mess with airline baggage crap carrying any firearms back.

This will probably be the last show I go to. You are right, Shooters and Riley's are free and the prices are better.
I can easily say Shooer's Outpost is one of the best gun stores I've ever been to.

For the larger tables with lots of guns this is mostly true. The mark up is ridiculous. It's the smaller tables that I go to look at. Not always but from time to time you can find something you want and after a little haggling you can get some very good deals. Over the years I've make 4-5 deals, which were pretty beneficial and fun to get. Not always, but the possibility of finding another potential deal is the reason I go back to these gun shows. Many times I go just to shoot the breeze with some of the vendors I know. Plus you inevitably run into a fellow NESr.

You are right, Shooters and Riley's are free and the prices are better.

I agree with you and T-Unit about Shooter's but Riley's - IMHO - is in a death spiral. Very sad. I bought my first pistol there from Dick in 1980 about half an hour after I got my NH driver's license.

I wouldn't agree that ALL gunshows around here suck. Our little one day FCAC shows get busier and busier. Only $5 to get in and a lot of non-dealer vendors. I've never had a poor show when I've set up there. Only wish I had been fit to do the last one. Have to wait until March for the next one.

For many years I went to this particular show.

I bought some items that I had never seen before elsewhere at these shows.

I have made a couple of good deals on handguns at Mass shows, but from dealers that I knew from the shows.

At Concord I almost every time ran into drgrant and had a pleasant chat with him each time.

I see the shows as a place to see lots of stuff at one location, a bit of socializing and a place to pick up some small stuff.

All that said, I think I've been to a total of 3 shows over the past maybe 5-7 years and two of them I was working a table for my gun club, selling discounted memberships.

I agree with you and T-Unit about Shooter's but Riley's - IMHO - is in a death spiral. Very sad. I bought my first pistol there from Dick in 1980 about half an hour after I got my NH driver's license.

I wouldn't agree that ALL gunshows around here suck. Our little one day FCAC shows get busier and busier. Only $5 to get in and a lot of non-dealer vendors. I've never had a poor show when I've set up there. Only wish I had been fit to do the last one. Have to wait until March for the next one.

I've never been to the FCAC. Maybe I'll check that one out in the spring. I agree with you about Rileys. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the 33 or so years I've lived in the Concord, NH area and have personally known a few of the guys that have worked there. I feel bad to see a decent gun shop go down the tubes. I go in there sometimes and see that it is but a shell of what it once was.

Back
Top Bottom