concord show

Debating about going Sunday and mostly interested in black powder so if anyone who goes and notices bp firearms and supporting items could post it might save my marriage:)

Most of the DiPrete shows for 2015 are scheduled:

January 10 - 11 Manchester, NH
January 17 - 18 Augusta, ME
February 21 - 22 West Lebanon, NH
April 18 - 19 Concord, NH
May 2 - 3 Biddeford, ME
August TBD - TBD Augusta, ME
September 5 - 6 Concord, NH
October TBD -

Everett Arena, I-93 Exit 14. Head east after exiting. On left just over the bridge.

Northbound 93 was bumper-to-bumper through Concord even at 2 this afternoon. Luckily they had the warning sign up on 89 so I was able to cut through town to avoid the mess.

holiday weekend and great weather = projects around house and kayaking, etc with wife
or
working Saturday and Monday, gun show Sunday = den#tted by wife for screwing up last weekend of summer

so if black powder play things are scarce at show I will not go because looks like I am working Saturday and Monday

Last edited:
Concord is usually a good show, generally a fair number of tables with at least a couple blackpowder rifles. Aside from the one guy with the infinite table of reloading powders, I don't recall seeing a lot of cans of powder for sale.

Concord is usually a good show, generally a fair number of tables with at least a couple blackpowder rifles. Aside from the one guy with the infinite table of reloading powders, I don't recall seeing a lot of cans of powder for sale.

I suspect that would be Glenn.

Glenn is the one that had $75/500 .22LR (common garden variety) at last year's show! His primers were no bargain either.

that was last year, he probably had higher prices then due to expenses involved in recently opening his storefront. I shop there often and find the prices to be perfectly reasonable and the selection of ammo/powder/primers/components is second to none. He's all kinds of obscure calibers too for milsurp fans. I think his primer prices were about $34/1000 when I was there last week. When I saw him at the marlboro and wilmington shows earlier this year, his prices were the same or better as in the store.

that was last year, he probably had higher prices then due to expenses involved in recently opening his storefront. I shop there often and find the prices to be perfectly reasonable and the selection of ammo/powder/primers/components is second to none. He's all kinds of obscure calibers too for milsurp fans. I think his primer prices were about $34/1000 when I was there last week. When I saw him at the marlboro and wilmington shows earlier this year, his prices were the same or better as in the store.

Those are more reasonable prices. Hopefully he dropped his .22 prices out of the stratosphere too. Past years I bought a fair amount of ammo and primers from him.

Everett Arena, I-93 Exit 14. Head east after exiting. On left just over the bridge.

Northbound 93 was bumper-to-bumper through Concord even at 2 this afternoon. Luckily they had the warning sign up on 89 so I was able to cut through town to avoid the mess.

Warning sign for what ???
The next Nascar race isn't for a few more weeks.

The electronic signs that usually have the drunk driving or hands free advisories can be reprogrammed in real time to warn about heavy traffic. On Friday there was construction, the Bow lane drop and early Labor Day traffic that jammed things up on 93N thru Concord.

As for the show today, the weather killed us. The early line looked like a Sunday. Steady but never got hot and smelly. United Cartridge pulled a no show (7 empty tables!) so the biggest ammo dealer was Glenn Sorenson or Maurice if you wanted reloads. I did okay, but should have done more. Tomorrow will be a long, boring slog until 2:00PM.

Driving through Concord on 93 north any any Friday afternoon and south on Sunday afternoons (Monday afternoons on a three day weekend) lately will certainly try your patience. 90% of the vehicles are out of state, mostly mass drivers driving like *******s. The traffic snarls/slowdowns have now extended to Saturday mornings which means I need to take all back roads if I need to travel just about anywhere in NH on a weekend anymore.

Welcome to NH, now go home!

Back
Top Bottom