Condition 1 Carry Poll

Do you keep a round in the chamber of your Glock or similar type semi-auto?

• Yes

Votes: 261 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.8%

• Total voters
Dude. Anyone comes at you with a knife, you will die based on what you post.

Greg, you grand master of self defense and tactical situations, please, educate us on the proper way of conceal carrying and self defense. Please, teach us your ways great master.

Give me a situation young grasshopper and I will educate you on the time honored art of self defense that you won't get from watching Chris Costa and Magpul videos.

Give me a situation young grasshopper and I will educate you on the time honored art of self defense that you won't get from watching Chris Costa and Magpul videos.
You are at work, working on a super secret science project, when a gate to another dimension opens and Man Bear Pig comes through.

You dont have one in the chamber and only have one mag with 9 rounds because the 10th round was too hard on your soft hands.

You are at work, working on a super secret science project, when a gate to another dimension opens and Man Bear Pig comes through.

You dont have one in the chamber and only have one mag with 9 rounds because the 10th round was too hard on your soft hands.
Damn now I want to go play Half-life.

That's easy.

Make friends with MBP by offering myself to him.

After an evening of sickening pleasures when MBP is exhausted, spent and sleeping, put one round into his brain pan and eat bacon for breakfast.

Situational awareness. When I would pick my son up from school I would park in a CVS parking lot and wait for him. I would watch people completely clueless to their surroundings. You could f*** them up three different ways and be gone before they knew what happened. One time a guy got out of his car and I said to myself "He's going to walk into that sign" Yup. Head right into it, haha. We all hear that the typical self defense shooting is within a few yards, but I bet if people paid more attention they could see it coming sooner, or at least be a little more aware of what might be coming. Hell, they might not even become a target. Some shitbag looking to rob someone, or worse, may actually take their time to pick out the easy target.

Honestly I think it’s impossible to be situationally aware all the time. Your parking lot example was a reminder of a time I was frozen for a second due to a surprise. I was walking out of a grocery store with bags in my hand heading for my car with the wife. A guy came out of between two cars fast and yelled “Hey” about 10ft away from me. Now I’ve taken Krav for several years and a number of different firearms classes. Even with all that I was frozen for a second by the unexpected appearance. Come to find out he was yelling at a girl who was getting out of her car on the opposite side of the parking lane. If it was an attack he would have been half way to me before I might have reacted. Made me realize that unless you have situations like that all the time your reaction time may be a little slower then you’d like.

You got to admit, NES is one of the few forums (if not the only forum) where a thread that started out as a poll as to how you carry (round chambered or chamber empty) can transform into a discussion about South Park’s MBP.

Basically because the flow of aids and autism in this thread went past 100 gallons per minute it was the next obvious logical thing tho

Basically because the flow of aids and autism in this thread went past 100 gallons per minute it was the next obvious logical thing tho
Hopefully your spell check converted ADD to aids. I'd hate to think a bunch of us have aids, but I’m pretty sure almost all of us have attention-deficit disorder.

Generally I do not carry with a round in the chamber for a Glock.
Unless I'm expecting a likelihood of trouble.
Yes I need more training and practice.

Even with all that I was frozen for a second by the unexpected appearance.
Rory Miller used to say (and probably still does) that people normally do freeze, and it takes experience to get to the point where you don't. If you don't, and you're not in a profession that puts you in those situations, you should probably re-examine your life choices.

You got to admit, NES is one of the few forums (if not the only forum) where a thread that started out as a poll as to how you carry (round chambered or chamber empty) can transform into a discussion about South Park’s MBP.
We cover everything possible scenario.

Honestly I think it’s impossible to be situationally aware all the time. Your parking lot example was a reminder of a time I was frozen for a second due to a surprise. I was walking out of a grocery store with bags in my hand heading for my car with the wife. A guy came out of between two cars fast and yelled “Hey” about 10ft away from me. Now I’ve taken Krav for several years and a number of different firearms classes. Even with all that I was frozen for a second by the unexpected appearance. Come to find out he was yelling at a girl who was getting out of her car on the opposite side of the parking lane. If it was an attack he would have been half way to me before I might have reacted. Made me realize that unless you have situations like that all the time your reaction time may be a little slower then you’d like.
I agree, we all get lax here and there, but there are people out there who are oblivious to their surroundings all the time.

Tactical mistake #1 was carrying grocery bags. Put the bags in a cart and make your wife push it to the car so you can have 100% tactical awareness.

You are lucky it wasn't Man Bear Pig.

When people ask me if these threads are real (just kidding… no one does), I send them this:

View: https://youtu.be/UMAJ1VoynyM

It’s ALL REAL PLAYA

With that mindset, why carry a gun at all anywhere?

I lived in Buenos Aires for 15 years, didnt carry a gun, I am alive. I have friends in their 30s that lived in the city their entire lives, they don't carry and are alive.

Google crime in Buenos Aires.

The point is, you have it for a worse case scenario, if you have to use it, you need to be ready.

Compared to those parts of the world, nowhere in MA is dangerous.
I felt safer in Vietnam, at least I had the opportunity to make or death decisions....Hi Maura

What have we learned from this thread, folks? If you don't have your gun in your hand already [ready to ROCK, 10+1 in da TUBE, or preban+1 in da TUBE] as you're walking around town, concealed under a coat or liquor brown paper bag or whatever, you're not tactical enough and will die if you run into 'bad guys'.

Was gonna say midnight. Right? It used to be midnight.
Form me 9pm is the new midnight but I'm old and that's neither here nor there.

Back
Top Bottom