• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Confirmed shooting at Holyoke Mall

You ever notice how people don't run in any specific direction? They have no idea what to do. Zero situational awareness.

I enter an area, I check for exits, cover and concealment. The people there, who are possible threats. I don't get how people can go through life without a clue about what is happening around them. Prime example, head in phone.
Natural selection on display. Be thankful for it.

“It’s easy to sore when you’re surrounded by turkeys.” - someone

Ex-GF, who lives in Westfield called me last night about this shooting. We used to go there all the time for shopping and eating, 99, Uno's, Ruby Tuesday's, etc. My eye DR is there behind Lenscrafters, and I've been meaning to make an appointment for an exam. Looks like it's going the way of the South Shore Mall in Braintree.

That quote is from a person. I am willing to bet. Never carried. Someone trying to sound important and self-righteous. Not realizing he is coming off as a moron..... Use it on yourself... Really?
Many anti-gun people lack personal control and project that inability to control oneself onto everyone, because they can't accept that the problem is them. This mental disorder is then enabled by those who will use their anti-gun attitude to control others. Thus being anti-gun indicates a mental disorder that is a threat to the anti-gun person's own well being........ Hmmm does this qualify them for one of those red-flag ROs?

Many anti-gun people lack personal control and project that inability to control oneself onto everyone, because they can't accept that the problem is them. This mental disorder is then enabled by those who will use their anti-gun attitude to control others. Thus being anti-gun indicates a mental disorder that is a threat to the anti-gun person's own well being........ Hmmm does this qualify them for one of those red-flag ROs?

That's a great observation and something I have noticed. People who have said to me "I don't trust myself with a gun because I'd shoot someone or shoot myself" and they project this personal weakness on everyone else around them.

You ever notice how people don't run in any specific direction? They have no idea what to do. Zero situational awareness.

I enter an area, I check for exits, cover and concealment. The people there, who are possible threats. I don't get how people can go through life without a clue about what is happening around them. Prime example, head in phone.

That first video posted here. There had to be something leading up to that. That attacker didn't understand the situation for sure

I also avoid places there's only one escape route.

That's a great observation and something I have noticed. People who have said to me "I don't trust myself with a gun because I'd shoot someone or shoot myself" and they project this personal weakness on everyone else around them.
And that's why we call them sheeple.
The average citizen wants a govt. that's guarantees them personal protection without infringing on their "rights".

Quote is likely from a person who never touched, let alone owned a gun. Just like the "I'm a life long Republican, but Trump caused me to vote for a Democrat for the first time ever." BS.

That quote is from a person. I am willing to bet. Never carried. Someone trying to sound important and self-righteous. Not realizing he is coming off as a moron..... Use it on yourself... Really?

There was a catalog store called Service Merchandise at Holyoke mall back in the 80's. Unique place as you would pick an item out from the showroom or a catalog in the show room, then go downstairs to a pick-up area on the ground floor.

They sold guns and ammo, not a huge selection but they did sell Ruger rifles. I bought my Mini-14 there for 229 bucks. I still have the receipt and still have the rifle..

I remember a really uncomfortable situation there in the pickup area. I was filling out the legal paperwork when a gang of teenage kids came by. All of a sudden one of them grabbed the rifle off the counter and leveled it on the guy selling me the gun and exclaimed "this would be good for blowing someones brains out" Fortunately the kid put the rifle back down and they went on their way.

Freaked me out and of course freaked out the guy selling me the gun. That was a long time ago, but some things you never forget.

Shooting in Holyoke and Mattapan , what do they have in common? Being in a shit hole, bet both shooters had stolen guns. The lack of positive leadership and parenting is the problem.

its worse than that. there's lots of reasons it happens. sure, it def starts at home. but the prison industrial complex is designed to trap people for life. there def are people that need to be in jail for the rest of their lives, but others need to have a clear path to becoming a functioning member of society after they pay their debt.

instead we have a system that compels people to break the law

Doesn't really explain 13, 14, 15 year old kids with guns shooting at each other. There's a lot more of that than people realize.

its worse than that. there's lots of reasons it happens. sure, it def starts at home. but the prison industrial complex is designed to trap people for life. there def are people that need to be in jail for the rest of their lives, but others need to have a clear path to becoming a functioning member of society after they pay their debt.

instead we have a system that compels people to break the law

Shooter is gonna do a lot years behind bars.
Yup. My thoughts exactly.

The two were clearly going back and forth verbally and in each other's face. Shooter is kind of canted to his right with his hands down (preparing to draw. Premeditated).

Punch lands, space opens up between them and a beat passes before the dude draws and opens fire.

Dude will be lucky if he can somehow get out in 30 years.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

The two were clearly going back and forth verbally and in each other's face. Shooter is kind of canted to his right with his hands down (preparing to draw. Premeditated).

Punch lands, space opens up between them and a beat passes before the dude draws and opens fire.

Dude will be lucky if he can somehow get out in 30 years.
What the hell happened to the days when you fought, someone lost and you went your separate ways.

Although it's been a while I have been in multiple DYS facilities (not in their custody thank God although I came close when I was young) and worked with their clientele and my understanding is that many more kids under 18 are diverted from the system than was the case even 5 or 10 years ago. One reason being the way our society views weed use. I saw lots of kids committed to DYS for weed convictions outright or because of probation violations often for weed. Not so much these days. Also, It generally takes a lot more bad behavior than it used to in order to be deemed a youthful offender or committed to DYS in MA.

Also, only a few years ago 17 years old was considered an adult for criminal charges. It is now 18 for adult criminal jurisdiction.

I forgot to read about this my wife just brought it up. I always bring my toast to the Holyoke Mall because you know im not about f***ing around. I don’t wanna pay for that god damn pretzel time.

Back
Top Bottom