• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Connecticut Firearms Law Attorney's...which one ?

Hello everyone. I am new to this all thing. I would like to know in the case of self-defense with the use of firearm, what's next ? what are the right steps to take to protect yourself afterwards , which lawyer better/best to contact here in CT ( I leave in NewHaven county if it is matter ) or Whom would you use and why?
Thank you.

Go to NRAInstructors.org and look for the NRA Personal Protection in the Home course. Check out the instructors in your area giving the course and take it. You will learn a lot of the answers you seek in that class. I teach it, but up here in Mass. You may have to wait a month or two to see CT classes show up as most of us don't teach this in the Winter as the shooting portion should be done outside.

Go to NRAInstructors.org and look for the NRA Personal Protection in the Home course. Check out the instructors in your area giving the course and take it. You will learn a lot of the answers you seek in that class. I teach it, but up here in Mass. You may have to wait a month or two to see CT classes show up as most of us don't teach this in the Winter as the shooting portion should be done outside.
Got it . Thank you for reply. Much appreciated.

Raichel Baird is an excellent attorney and specializes in firearms law.

One other thing to do is read this. These are the criminal jury instructions as they pertain to use of force in defense of yourself or others, in CT.

This is where the rubber meets the road. These are the actual instructions jurors in CT are given when deciding if use of force is justified. I require all of my NRA Basic pistol (necessary for a CT pistol permit) to read this.

Don

http://www.jud.ct.gov/JI/criminal/Criminal.pdf#page=120

Back
Top Bottom