• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Connecticut Gun Rights Rally - April 5, 2014

There is going to be a rally at the Connecticut State Capitol.

When:
Saturday April 5, 2014
Noon - 3:00 PM

http://www.ccdl.us/

At least one group in Massachusetts has organized a bus. I'm thinking of heading down.

For those who have yet been informed, Chris Pinto and I started a bus list for the Connecticut gun rights rally in Hartford for Saturday, April 5th.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. Pass the word around. We have 13 people who are on the list and we need 40 people for a good turnout. The fee with 40 will be ~$10.00 PP.

The bus will be scheduled to leave the Solomon pond mall area around 10:15 AM and working out a second pick up for those who live further west of Worcester (around rts. 84/20).

Returning from Hartford around 2:30 PM.

Thanks,

Ralph
[email protected]

Last edited:
If I wasn't working that day I'd be in. I hope you get a good turnout.

For the rest of you, April 5th is a Saturday!

Yes, I know, some people have to work on Saturday. But those of you who don't might want to come down to CT and join the fight against tyranny.

I will be in Pennsylvania or else I would gladly go, even if it is on a saturday when no one is in the capitol building

even if it is on a saturday when no one is in the capitol building

The usual challenge. Hold it on a weekday and no one can attend. Hold it on a weekend and the reps aren't there. Since the reps don't listen anyway, I say hold it when pro-2A people can attend!

The usual challenge. Hold it on a weekday and no one can attend. Hold it on a weekend and the reps aren't there. Since the reps don't listen anyway, I say hold it when pro-2A people can attend!

very true, if you get press out of it, its worth it

very true, if you get press out of it, its worth it

Regular press? Meh. But the "other press" AKA YouTube and so on will be there. If my YouTube subscriptions are any indication, the country is paying attention to CT. I understand the channels I watch may be slightly slanted toward the right so this is not a scientific conclusion by any definition.

Anybody from the other Western MA interested in a carpool / caravan?

If you can't make the trip like myself, at least donate to CCDL. I did a week or so ago as well as Connecticut Carry. These outfits need money. We all need to help. The battle is on....

That message was from Ralph with the Second Amendment Defense Alliance. There are several of us that are spreading the word on this event. We are hoping to show a lot of MA support for our Ct brothers and sisters.

There is going to be a few busses going down - 1-2 from Western Mass, 1 from Worcester. There may be more added as interest allows.

I will be going, and can take a couple in my vehicle. Anyone from the North Attleboro area that is interested, send me a PM, we can work out some details in the next little bit.

I will be in Pennsylvania or else I would gladly go, even if it is on a saturday when no one is in the capitol building

Screw the capitol building, figure out where the governor lives and drop a couple thousand people on his lawn. The time for playing nice has passed.

Screw the capitol building, figure out where the governor lives and drop a couple thousand people on his lawn. The time for playing nice has passed.

this, i will probably go as i have gone to all the other rallies, and testified at both hearings, and confronted all the legislators personally that i could... but ccdl got a permit to protest in front of an unoccupied building, not exactly my idea of standing up to the man.

Governor's Mansion is located on the Northeast corner of the Jct of Asylum & Prospect Av in Hartford. Whole block is security fenced with cameras & guarded by plain clothes Troopers, no lawn to stand on.

That message was from Ralph with the Second Amendment Defense Alliance. There are several of us that are spreading the word on this event. We are hoping to show a lot of MA support for our Ct brothers and sisters.

There is going to be a few busses going down - 1-2 from Western Mass, 1 from Worcester. There may be more added as interest allows.

I will be going, and can take a couple in my vehicle. Anyone from the North Attleboro area that is interested, send me a PM, we can work out some details in the next little bit.

Can you define Western MA? I'm not trying to be an "I'm more west that you" fight, I just want to know if I'd have to drive 45 minutes to ride a bus for 45 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Governor's Mansion is located on the Northeast corner of the Jct of Asylum & Prospect Av in Hartford. Whole block is security fenced with cameras & guarded by plain clothes Troopers, no lawn to stand on.

With all that security, the governor must be a 2A fan. [rolleyes]

Sorry ToddDubya - I don't have the bus details with me at work. I'll look at the email and update later.

Thanks to everyone that is going.

Info on the busses from Central and Western Mass. To know where exactly the bus from Western Mass in leaving from you would need to email Jolene at the email below.

Toget a spot on the bus from Central MA, please email Ralph Belmore ( [email protected]) yourname, email and phone number.

Toget a spot on the bus from Western MA please email Jolene Hackett Guzzo ([email protected]) yourname, email and phone number.

Thanks for bumping this folks.

The Mass delegation is growing! I know that the bus from Worcester has about 35 confirmed folks. I hope the western Mass bus is also filling.

The Mass SADA (Second Amendment Defense Alliance) group would like to invite all of the Mass folks to come and stand together in a Massachusetts show of support. We intent to meet at the Statehouse steps and gather behind the SADA Massachusetts banner and Mass Minuteman signs. Would be great if we could get some pics of the entire Mass delegation. If you see us, please come and join us as we extend our support to our CT brothers a sisters.

I will be traveling from the North Attleboro area and can comfortably take 2 - send me a message if interested.

Bump

Good info on the Rally below regarding Parking, Lawful Carry, Signs, Etc :

[h=1]Connecticut Gun Rights Rally[/h] [h=3]Let's show support to our 2A Brother & Sisters in CT

Connecticut State Capitol
210 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut 06106
Saturday April 5th
[/h] On April 5, 2014, we’ll be gathering on the North side of the State Capitol Building at high noon to mark the first anniversary of the the signing of one of the most unconstitutional gun laws in the nation. Our keynote speaker will be noted gun rights activist and writer David Codrea. David has been featured in Guns and Ammo, Handguns, and Guns Magazine, where he writes the monthly “Rights Watch” column. He is also the National Gun Rights Examiner for Examiner.com, and writes the blog “The War on Guns”. He and Mike Vanderboegh (who spoke at our rally last year) were the ones that originally broke the story of Eric Holder’s Fast and Furious scandal.

We’ll have other speakers yet to be announced, as well as some candidates who we are hoping will oust the gun grabbers in November with your help.

When: April 5, 2014 from noon until 3pm
Where: Capitol Building, 210 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut 06106

You may download a pdf of the flyer to print out and hang in your favorite gun store or club here: http://ccdl.us/blog/uploads/2014/03/2014-Rally-Flier.pdf

Critical information regarding firearms and lawful carry at the Capitol
While the carrying of firearms is permitted on the Capitol grounds, firearms that are now defined as assault weapons under Public Act 13-3 are prohibited. To avoid confusion and unnecessary hassles, we highly recommend carrying handguns openly or concealed (if you are properly permitted – and make sure you have 10 or less rounds in the magazine) in lieu of long arms. Also, firearms are strictly prohibited in Bushnell Park, which is right next to the rally. Keep this in mind as you are walking to and from where you parked. The Capitol police have been extremely friendly at our past rallies and have never hassled us for any reason. Lets try to keep it that way.

Signs
What’s a rally without signs? Be creative! Keep in mind this is a family friendly rally. There will be many children there, because this affects them too. So please consider not using profanity on any signs. We’re with you on the anger and frustration we all feel, but please keep it clean.

Parking
Parking close to the Capitol can be tough. If you can, carpool. Even better get everyone in your gun club to chip in and rent a van or bus. Chris Fields at King33 Training in Southington has offered his parking lot as a consolidation point for people who wish to meet up and carpool in together. This would greatly help with any potential parking issues. Thank you Chris Fields!!!

King33 Training LLC
75 Aircraft Rd
Southington, Connecticut 06489
Email: [email protected]
Click here for directions to the Training Facility:
https://king33training.com/registration/

Here’s a map of parking areas in downtown Hartford: http://hartfordparking.hartford.gov/map2009.htm

Back
Top Bottom