• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Connecticut high capacity magazine ban

What else does it say? What is the point? I don't see that it has anything to do with the common run of semi-auto rifles that the AWB is all about. More likely, it's to keep the CT AWB separate from the Federal Laws concerning full auto weapons, so that if the Feds say you can have an M-16, then the state won't get in your way.

That's all it says....It's better then written now..obviously the whole thing should be gone....In terms of the weapons that are named in the AWB..in all honesty no one cares..you know how many people have AK-47's in CT?? Probably thousands...

We'll thats hopes of good things .Lets just hope this high cap. ban gets the saft and they realize it's the wrong thing to do.... Hope is all i can do..

How big was the Malloy's margin of victory?

The election being close, sadly, had nothing to do with gun rights. CT is stagnant. We had a small victory with OC, but other than that our AWB is going nowhere. There simply aren't many reps/senators that care about guns rights. We have a bunch of good ones on the northern half of the state, but they are car outnumbered by the New Haven/Bridgeport/Hartford/New London [STRIKE]cesspools[/STRIKE] areas that have notoriously anti-gun reps and mayors.

Ok we need to fill up this place with lots of us. Put that link up in every fourm in ct you can thx's... What sucks is I have pistol that they don't even make 10 round mag's. so I would have to sell like 4 guns and get ride of 40 or sou mag's. thats a lot of cash mutiply that times 25,000 people here in ct thats a lot of monet there gonna cost us in these tuff times.. Lets beat this all of you show up take the day off do whatever go to all you gun stores and put up this date and tell people to go. see all you there....

thx's watching it now was going to go but of all days today I was at Bpt. polics getting a stamp for A SBR talking to the police cheif was pissed I couldnt go .... but man they have been doing very good so far fighting for us I'm yelling and srecimng and clapping at the tv..lol

Ok we need to fill up this place with lots of us. Put that link up in every fourm in ct you can thx's... What sucks is I have pistol that they don't even make 10 round mag's. so I would have to sell like 4 guns and get ride of 40 or sou mag's. thats a lot of cash mutiply that times 25,000 people here in ct thats a lot of monet there gonna cost us in these tuff times.. Lets beat this all of you show up take the day off do whatever go to all you gun stores and put up this date and tell people to go. see all you there....

I seem to have misplaced all my mags...

Stuck at work, wrote a letter to the clerk yesterday.

this is the first time im hearing about this. I cant believe the stupidity of it:

(b) Any person who possesses a large capacity magazine shall be guilty of a class D felony.

wow, these fools know nothing about guns. Watching this on tv, one rep is asking "how many rounds per mag determines if its fully automatic? 50?"

Last edited:
that young man from north brandford in the blue shirt did a great job and god bless him for the service he does for this country.. All these people think that a fully automatic is what these mags are for none of tghem are eductaed this is doing good for them so far.. sorry typing fast so I can go back to watching it so bad speeling and grammor sorry.

Hi all I'm still watching this on tv live it's been on since 930 am and I do have to say I'm very happy on how this is going so far there has only been 2 people who have spoke on approving it and one is someone right now and they are acc. sticking up for us and. I don't ever want to get ahead of myself but I feel 80% better right now then I did yesterday at this time. So I guess will see.... thx's all for who went and sent in what they did... happy shooting

first of all it's not over there still talking live on tv about it at 930pm.... and next they vote on it to see whats next if it doesnt go through were donr if it does there will be another hearing were if they thought today was long just wait to 500 people show up..

What pisses me off is for 13 hours 2-3 people out of hunderds were for the bill and all the other against and all the news talk abut is the 1-2 that say it's a good idea that is what the problem is and most of the leglistares said the same thing they don't have a clue on the reasons to this.....

We'll after not sleeping that much and geting up at 5am all I thought about last night is what I watched on live tv from 1pm-10:18pm when the last person pleeded his case against this terrible bill. And the rough final numbers were over 600 singed up to talk many were turnned away and only 6 people oppsed it the comminty said they never seen such a lopsided hearing and made them wonder if they didn't think everthing through properally. I missed the early 7:30am-1pm when I started watching it cause I was at the poilce station doing BS fourms and I was very,very upset I wasn't there to support all that showed up. All we can do is hope that they really did listen and realize what we allready know, and this will not do anything period on keeping these (mag's) of criminals that have felonys and those are the people that commit these crimes. Off course there will be those in the comminty that will not change there vote no matter what happend and those are the judicarys that we need to note vote for ion the next election. The judicarys representing community's that are with us that will vote to oppose this are the ones we need to keep in office and they did a great job all day thanking us (the great citzens that were there all day)for waiting and showing up in force's. Try to watch some of it on reruns if you have a chance It really was amazing to see how many of them really had ho idea at all about gun's I mean nothing and that was the main problem when this was written up.... Happy shotting off to work

I think April 15th will be the magic day they vote/don't vote on this bill...it is the late day they can vote on it....I doubt the bill will be voted down..if they don't have the votes they will just not call a vote...We will see what happens..

How does the State plan on repalcing all our high capactity magazines? (What, they're not?)
How much does a typical high capacity magazine cost? Example.. Glock - $30
You turn in all your high capacity magazines... How many 10 rounders do you own. What? You don't have any 10 rounders? You can't find any at the local gun shop?
What, a 10 round magazine now costs $100 (Supply & Demand)?
Hmmm... you have a few guns now that have no magazines for them anymore?
What, the wife won't let you but a couple magazines for each firearm?

And let's talk about registration... $50 per gun for 5 years... $50 per gun each year?

For the guy who owns more golf clubs than firearms, it doesn't seem like a big deal.

To the rest of us, it's a deal breaker.

Never mind the fact that banning high capacity magazines will only keep them out of the law abbiding citizen's hands, drive up the prices of lesser magazines and drive a black market for high capacity magazines for the bad guys...

What happens if our Representatives don't represent us, and vote for this stuff because they "know better"?

It's not the sound of our rights being chipped away at anymore... They're using a jack hammer now.

(Hmmm... and 6% sales tax on all those new magazines... priceless.)

Last edited:
Where does this "turn over your mags" business come from? There is no provision to turn your mags into the government. So far as I can tell you could sell them out of state or dump them in the recyclable trash as long as you don't have them when the law goes into effect.

A group that complains how the gun grabbers misstate things needs to be more accurate.

Really dude? [thinking]

Exactly how is "you can't own them" not confiscation? If they wanted to ban books and said we could hand them in or burn them would that be OK?

Proposed Bill 1094

(c) Any person who (1) prior to the effective date of this section, lawfully possessed a large capacity magazine, and (2) not later than ninety days after the effective date of this section, removes such magazine from this state or surrenders such magazine to an organized local police department or the Department of Public Safety for destruction, shall not be subject to prosecution for a violation of subsection (b) of this section.

I got a reply email from my State Rep (Democrat). He told me that while he doesn't see the need for anyone to own anything with such destructive power, he also sees the law as something that won't target the law breakers and told me he will not vote for it. A step in the right direction.

I just got through speaking with a Democratic Rep. He's not ready to go on record yet so he'll go nameless. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with him discussing. I told him that I'm not even going to argue with him about if 10 rounds is enough.

I told him that I was simply going to try to get him to understand that this law is bad because it makes felons of people who simply do nothing. I made him aware that nearly every defensive handgun sold in the state in the last 40 years has come with a mag that would be illegal. We talked about how many casual gun owners there are who don't shoot much and don't pay attention to whats going on in hartford. I suggested he imagine someone defending his home , then finding he was being charged with a felony. but the gun was legal when he bought it.

He said he's very close to committing to a "no".

Don

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we win they didnt even have it on the adjenda to do today it was there last day and they had 50 other votes to do and they said it's a dead bill so we didnt even do a vote so rejoice thats the word I have it's 99.9% official

Back
Top Bottom