Connecticut Street Legal

allen-1

NES Member
So a buddy of mine showed me a gun he bought from Hoffman's a couple of weeks ago. 9mm, short barrelled, pistol buffer, classified as an "Other". He had the paperwork. I couldn't believe it, but I held it in my hands.

And here's the email I just got a couple of minutes ago, (10/26/2018 10:11 AM EST):

Yep, the new AR-CT-OTHER and the State Police said it is legal to purchase with a ruling, I am sure Ned and Tong will make quick work on banning this "Other" if elected. How can this be kept under the rug for long now that every shop is selling the New CT OTHER. That is a very good Price Dealer on that is 649$

Great news, I will call this the Connecticut "short barrel other" No Tax Stamp Needed. Thank you Connecticut you just saved me 200$ SBO

Saw a buddy with one about 2 weeks ago. Didn't believe him when he told me he bought it legally in CT knowing that I can' buy a $45 AR lower stripped any more but here he is buying an AR "pistol". Of course by the time I saw it, it had a short stock on it....wink, wink. So who's going to challenge him at the range with that? Now that Ned and Tang ARE in charge, rest assured they will be looking for blood and it would not surprise me that prebans and stuff like this disappear rather quickly.

If you buy one legally in CT, then later move to MA with it, what happens?

View attachment 256692

I had a long confusing conversation with one of my friends.
I don't suppose this is going to make any more sense to any of you than it did to me.

The firearm that he bought from Hoffman's was sold to him as an "Other".
I saw the paperwork, and there's no confusion there.
The SLFU signed off on it, it was a state approved sale.

It's NOT an "assault rifle", it's NOT a "pistol". It's an "other".
The manufacturer has classified it as such, and apparently the ATF has agreed.
Neither the manufacturer, nor Hoffman's, nor any of the other dealers in CT are going to risk their licenses/livelihoods by simply re-labeling firearms.

So, here's the really weird part.
My buddy repeatedly stated that the firearm was classed as an "other" ONLY in the state of CT,
that if it went elsewhere, it would be an SBR. I looked at it, and figured if anything it would be a pistol,
BUT - firearms can't just have their classifications changed...

Like I said - really confusing conversation.
And at the end of it - I still have no idea how those firearms are being sold in CT.

But I'm glad they are.
If they still are when I go back in May, I'll probably buy one.
Not because I need one, but BFYTW.

Back
Top Bottom