Constitutional Carry tracker.

Today the SC House passed H.3240 The National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act by a rollcall vote of 85 Yes to 23 No

Looks like,the joke was on me. Turns out that, yes it was passed, but not before being amended on the floor to make it into a reciprocity bill instead of universal recognition bill. Meaning a MA permit will never be valid in SC under that bill combined with our State's knob gobbling government and its we don't recognize anyone policy. [frown]

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...your-state-representative-to-reconsider-h3240

Lets hope constitutional carry makes it through next week or next January.

Done this several times and it's the one hour drive on I-84 where I check break lights and turn signals in CT and then set the cruise control to 52mph (55 mph limit).

The freedom of reholstering in Matamoras is great!

It's not 55 the whole way. I drove it eastbound on Sunday, the first section before the Taconic parkway exit is 65, then it transits to 55 after that, and I don't think it goes back up again until you hit CT. I only saw 3 cops the whole time but they were all clustered within a half mile or so of each other with customers pulled over, my guess is for speeding or something like that. I dunno what their margin is for detection, I didn't care so much (no guns on board yesterday) so I locked in cruise at 73 and like 63 respectively, mostly just hanging out in the travel lane. Whole thing took about an hour or so. IMHO the only spot that was painful was the toll plaza on the other end of the bridge that goes over the hudson river there I think. . That toll plaza is ****ing stupid, because they let troglodytes use every lane and there are no ez-pass only lanes. Or at least that's the way it was configured yesterday (it looks like the signs are changeable, google maps depicts several ez pass only lanes... but those didn't exist yesterday, they were all either or).

Also, for anyone interested in cigars, if you decide to get one from the huge vape/smoke/shop in Matamoras (with the huge fireworks warehouse behind it) watch out, their humidors seem to be running full blast, the avo I bought from them was way too soft to be at the right humidity. The prices sucked too so it's almost not worth going in there, the only thing that they really had a lot of was a variety of torches and lighters in stock that weren't terribly expensive.

One thing that really sucks about this cutoff deal is if your destination is actually somewhere else in PA, manual route planning is a must... GPS/waze/etc **** up when it comes to the concept of route efficiency because they can't measure the traffic on a lot of the smaller routes in PA. The road system in PA leaves a lot of big dead spaces in the state that are bordered by decent highways, so it pays to do a little legwork when traveling.

It's also hard to avoid the fact that "the front way" that goes through NYC and NJ turnpike is going to be faster if your destination is in the eastern part of the state. It can make up to 3 hrs difference depending. Of course you can probably say its more like an extra 2 hours because if NYC traffic is
retarded. On my way down I made it from Fitchburg, to Exton PA in 5 hours and change, with only a 5-10 min delay near the GW Bridge in NYC.

-Mike

Last edited:
Pretty much this and flying over NY isn't an option for every trip.

e.g. Wife wants to see Falling Water in PA this year and both of us have Utah licenses so no problem right? Except to to get there this shit hole called New York is in the way. So do I trust FOPA if a NYSP wants to be a dick (which pretty much just means the dipshit is awake)?

When I drive down to SC every year to bring my daughter back to college. I trust FOPA. Just don't stop and stay in the shxthole states....not that I would anyway, I drive at least 10 hours into Virginia. Typically I get up at 3am and by 7am I'm at the PA border in Matamoras, with most of the a$$holery and traffic worries long gone. There are a LOT of troopers on the road in NY, even at early hour, I see the most cops there.......so I do advise keeping the speed limits and making sure your lights/directional are all functioning.

Last edited:
Oklahoma passed it.
Iowa and Kentucky are voting on it this year. Alabama might as well. Iowa would be nice to connect the Dakotas & Wyoming with the other CC north western states. Kentucky would connect WV to the central spine of CC states.

Edit: Kentucky passed it! Going to the Governor's desk.
Update: Gov. Bevin says he will sign permitless conceal carry bill

I don't think we have a thread to track the progress nationwide, and I wanted to share this somewhere.

After little more than 5 minutes, a first vote puts gun owners on a path to open carry in South Carolina

It is great to watch this map turn green!

Rtc.gif

From wiki:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas[disputed]
Idaho (residents only)
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Dakota (residents only)
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming (residents only)
What's up with residents only. Is that truly Constitutional carry?

Oklahoma passed it.
Iowa and Kentucky are voting on it this year. Alabama might as well. Iowa would be nice to connect the Dakotas & Wyoming with the other CC north western states. Kentucky would connect WV to the central spine of CC states.

Edit: Kentucky passed it! Going to the Governor's desk.
Update: Gov. Bevin says he will sign permitless conceal carry bill
Kentucky becoming a permitless state is a lot bigger than Oklahoma. Now that they've done it, there's gonna be pressure on state legislatures in Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio too, but the new governor of Ohio is a RINO who will only listen to Sheriffs and police about how "unsafe it is for officer safety."

The big issue going forward with permitless carry getting passed in those states is this: the states make millions in revenue for the fees they charge to issue a carry permit/license.

Here's a chart I found and have added a green dot next to the states that are permitless/constitutional carry. Notice where most states that are permitless land?

file.php

Texas, Florida, Indiana, Ohio and other at the top of this chart are not going to make permitless carry legal because they make millions every year with the fees associated with the shall issue system. The police all spout the same garbage about safety, even tho no law abiding citizen who is not already a prohibited person in a permitless carry state has shot an on duty cop. It's all smoke and mirrors, the bottom line is that the shall issue system is ineffective in weeding out prohibited persons, it exists solely as a means to put people on a file with their fingerprints, as a deterrent for poor people who may not be able to afford to pay the fees, and the biggest reason being to make money on a de facto poll tax of the 2nd amendment.

I think Tennessee and Indiana are most likely to pass and not get vetoed by a candy ass governor.

If Alabama passes Constitutional Carry, it will put pressure on the rest of the South.

North Carolina's senate made a big mistake by not passing it when they could have.

Utah should try again if the governor's changed from the greedy bastard that vetoed it the last go round.

Alabama will never do it, the state makes a minimum of $5 Million a year off the fees, likely more as the fees vary by county. Same with North Carolina because every 5 years, which is the renewal period for carry permit, they make $48 Million. Florida takes in $175 Million every 7 years.

The thieves in the state houses are not going to be giving that money or freedom back to the people.

The thing with Indiana and Tennessee tho is they have lifetime options that cost $200 or $300 respectively, so people who have already paid that fee will never pay it again, thus I question how much money is really being made, but for those states it's not all about money, it's about controlling certain people of color because old, lily White politicians piss their catheters at the thought of a Black man in his 20s carrying a gun without license so the racist pig cops can't plant a drop gun on him and hit him with unlawful carry.

Kentucky becoming a permitless state is a lot bigger than Oklahoma. Now that they've done it, there's gonna be pressure on state legislatures in Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio too, but the new governor of Ohio is a RINO who will only listen to Sheriffs and police about how "unsafe it is for officer safety."

The big issue going forward with permitless carry getting passed in those states is this: the states make millions in revenue for the fees they charge to issue a carry permit/license.

Here's a chart I found and have added a green dot next to the states that are permitless/constitutional carry. Notice where most states that are permitless land?

file.php

Texas, Florida, Indiana, Ohio and other at the top of this chart are not going to make permitless carry legal because they make millions every year with the fees associated with the shall issue system. The police all spout the same garbage about safety, even tho no law abiding citizen who is not already a prohibited person in a permitless carry state has shot an on duty cop. It's all smoke and mirrors, the bottom line is that the shall issue system is ineffective in weeding out prohibited persons, it exists solely as a means to put people on a file with their fingerprints, as a deterrent for poor people who may not be able to afford to pay the fees, and the biggest reason being to make money on a de facto poll tax of the 2nd amendment.
Notice Utah and Florida are both at the top of that list. How many of those permits are non-residents seeking reciprocity assistance? How many of the Constitutional Carry states are in reciprocity agreements with those two?

It used to be get those two and have 30+ states. Con Carry has us half way there on its own.

How hard is it to believe that permit apps will fall off naturally as this continues to build steam?

I don't think we have a thread to track the progress nationwide, and I wanted to share this somewhere.

After little more than 5 minutes, a first vote puts gun owners on a path to open carry in South Carolina

It is great to watch this map turn green!

Rtc.gif

From wiki:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas[disputed]
Idaho (residents only)
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Dakota (residents only)
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming (residents only)

Current permitless carry list:
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

FYI in 2009 it was just Alaska and Vermont.

The list above yours is different? You don't have (residents only) in your list?

SC filed a constitutional carry law again for 2019.

And it will die the same way all previous CC bills have, malign neglect. Wake me up if either Senate or House version even gets a scheduled committee vote.

The thieves in the state houses are not going to be giving that money or freedom back to the people.

It isn't just the money, it is the power to turn your rights into a privilege which they can dispense or withhold at a whim. Our servants are confused, they think they are our masters.

...but for those states it's not all about money, it's about controlling certain people of color because old, lily White politicians piss their catheters at the thought of a Black man in his 20s carrying a gun without license so the racist pig cops can't plant a drop gun on him and hit him with unlawful carry.

There is more than a grain of truth to this. Read a little bit about the origins of these laws and it will be littered with references to undesirables. I'm very sceptical whenever someone says XXX is a code word for racist, but like PP founder Margaret Sanger's writings, that's more than a code word, it's a dog whistle.

We are the new class it is OK to discriminate against and suppress. It's a brave new world. Embrace the suck.

It isn't just the money, it is the power to turn your rights into a privilege which they can dispense or withhold at a whim. Our servants are confused, they think they are our masters.

There is more than a grain of truth to this. Read a little bit about the origins of these laws and it will be littered with references to undesirables. I'm very sceptical whenever someone says XXX is a code word for racist, but like PP founder Margaret Sanger's writings, that's more than a code word, it's a dog whistle.

We are the new class it is OK to discriminate against and suppress. It's a brave new world. Embrace the suck.
That may be the case with the MSM, social media, and Democrats, but not Republicans who last I checked hold staggering majorities in Southern and Midwestern states that are shall issue. In the past four years we've had 10 states go from shall issue to constitutional carry and has there been any discernible increase in deaths because of that? Nope and right now crime rates in the US are at historic lows, so the "safety concerns" that are spouted by police unions and other state LE organizations that are used by lawmakers as reasons to vote against permitless carry are total bunk.

Here's another question I have relating to the application fees: for states that offer a lifetime option (which to my knowledge is only Indiana, Tennessee, and Louisiana) to conceal carry, why is the price so much higher for the lifetime option when the lifetime option actually creates less work for LE to do? It's the same application with a different box checked and suddenly that makes it cost three times as much for absolutely zero percent more work.

Total bullshit, a 2nd amendment poll tax.

That may be the case with the MSM, social media, and Democrats, but not Republicans who last I checked hold staggering majorities in Southern and Midwestern states that are shall issue.

While it is true that CC has only been advanced by Republicans, not all Republicans are with the program. In SC, the Governor, House and Senate are all firmly entrenched in nominally Republican hands, but many of those with an R next to their names used to have a D next to their names. You see, we have open primaries here. Any voter can vote in either party's primary and in many of those races, Democrats won't even run a candidate but will run get-out-the-vote campaigns for their favorite RINO. The Dems select the R nominees.

Party affiliation alone isn't a good friend or foe indicator. None of the Ds are on our side but not all the Rs are our allies. The battle for the soul of the Republican Party is won or lost on primary day.

While it is true that CC has only been advanced by Republicans, not all Republicans are with the program. In SC, the Governor, House and Senate are all firmly entrenched in nominally Republican hands, but many of those with an R next to their names used to have a D next to their names. You see, we have open primaries here. Any voter can vote in either party's primary and in many of those races, Democrats won't even run a candidate but will run get-out-the-vote campaigns for their favorite RINO. The Dems select the R nominees.

Party affiliation alone isn't a good friend or foe indicator. None of the Ds are on our side but not all the Rs are our allies. The battle for the soul of the Republican Party is won or lost on primary day.
That may be the case for South Carolina, but that's not the case for Iowa, Indiana, Tennessee, etc.

When it comes to Republicans and the 2nd Amendment, enough is enough, no more f***ing excuses. You're either with us and you introduce and vote for bills that restrict power of the government on firearms, resist the Anti-gun Dems by voting against their anti gun bills, or you're against us and you hide behind baseless "safety" excuses that are largely emotional reasons, not logical reasons.

Since I bashed a few states pretty hard that are shall issue states that due to their extremely high number of licensed concealed carry permit holders and were very Red states that could be constitutional carry states but aren't because they make a lot of money off the associated fees, I have found out that in late April, Indiana passed a law that has changed their fees.

Starting July 2020, 5 year permits to carry a handgun will now be absolutely free and lifetime permits will be $50. Still required to be fingerprinted, which clearly isn't an issue in 16 other states and I still don't understand how having someone doing the application every 5 years is free, but having them do it once for a lifetime makes the cost jump to $50, but okay. I hope everyone decides to do the every 5 years thing and swamps the state with paperwork to the extent they either make the lifetime fee free as well or go to Constitutional Carry.

But if Indiana, the 5th largest state in terms of licensed CCW permit holders can effectively make their process free, then there is no f**king excuse that Florida, Texas, Pennslyvania, and Georgia can't do the same.

Louisiana could go constitutional carry soon. Legislature now has a Republican supermajority to pass the bill if so motivated. Good chance of getting a Republican governor there to sign the bill and not have to override a veto too.

Back
Top Bottom