Constitutional Carry tracker.

So the good guys are at 19 now? 38% is a good start.
If we could get Texas and Florida onboard that would help immensely providing raw data that licensing doesn't affect crime rates negatively. It would also pressure the rest of the South to get rid of the last vestiges of Jim Crow gun control.

Ohio should get another run at it too since Kaisich torpedoed the last attempt there.

So the good guys are at 19 now? 38% is a good start.

It should be 20 soon. Tennessee just passed its bill on 3/29/21. The governor is expected to sign it with an effective date of 7/1/21. [banana]

"Tennessee[edit]​

On March 29, 2021, the Tennessee House passed House Bill 786 by a vote of 64–29. The bill was approved in the Senate on March 18, 2021.[71] Governor Bill Lee is expected to sign the bill into law as he had backed the original bill and had made constitutional carry one of his 2021 priorities.[72] The law, which will take effect July 1, allows for both open and concealed carrying of handguns for people 21 and older without a permit as well as for military members ages 18 to 20. It does not apply to long guns, a point of contention among gun rights activists.[73]"

The South Carolina House passed Constitutional Carry sending it to the Senate where it languishes in the Judiciary Committee without being on the calendar for hearings. This is further than it has gotten in every session for the past six years. Perhaps having passed the House and the Governor having said he will sign it might be enough to finally get it done. In years past it has always been, "We have enough cosponsors to pass it but we just didn't do anything until we ran out of time." Killed by RINO leadership. Maybe we'll be the 21st state.

dc81ab2e-53cc-49e5-b460-0425e0b5618a_text.gif

Cleared Senate committee the other day. Goes to full Senate vote Monday. Still has a tough road ahead. A-hole Dem Governor has vowed to veto. So, if it passes the Senate and House and gets vetoed will need a 2/3 majority of override

Cleared Senate committee the other day. Goes to full Senate vote Monday. Still has a tough road ahead. A-hole Dem Governor has vowed to veto. So, if it passes the Senate and House and gets vetoed will need a 2/3 majority of override

It's good if it passes the legislature though, because even if vetoed -it has the push to be tried again under a different Governor like what happened in Utah.

View: https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status/1385752871799508992

View: https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status/1386092623753060354

Last edited:
The trend is towards constitutional carry, clearly.

So remind me why we need "national reciprocity" again? Even without constitutional carry, with permits like FL and UT you're already covered in most of the country.
True , but the UT license is no good in MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA. So, for those that don't travel out of NE, it's useless. The only traveling I do out of NE is to PA and the UT license is no good there. Nor would I want to have a firearm on me going through NY.

True , but the UT license is no good in MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA. So, for those that don't travel out of NE, it's useless. The only traveling I do out of NE is to PA and the UT license is no good there. Nor would I want to have a firearm on me going through NY.
As we have seen, whether national reciprocity is good or bad is an academic discussion because it’ll never happen now.

Passed the LA Senate this afternoon by a vote of 27-11! The House has a version as well that is supposed to go to Committee hearing tomorrow along with several other gun bills including 2A sanctuary!

Last edited:
Excellent. There is a similar bill in the LA House that made it out of Committee yesterday. That bill and the recently passed Senate version of Constitutional Carry are to be heard today on the House floor, but not sure.

Should be interesting to see if the Republicans can muster a veto-proof majority on these bills as our Dem governor has vowed to veto.

Back
Top Bottom