• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Constitutional Carry tracker.

It's full of people from NY and NJ and MA.

It is, but those people are usually hard conservatives.

As discussed before, many/most/all of FL's retard legacy laws (and oh boy, are there a lot of them) are from long ago.

The people who moved to FL in recent years are overwhelmingly conservative and bring said values with them. The trick is to get rid of the legacy FL quasi retarded island time approach they use for a lot of stuff.

In 2022 the (D) voter role contracted by over 100,000 people while the (R) voter role grew by over 200,000 people. The state indicates that not since 1994 has there been more (R)'s registered compared to (D)'s until 2021, which is when the massive influx of pissed off and fed up conservatives started moving en masse to FL.

I can't find the article about the divice between R and D residents who moved in, but according to the local conservative talk show it was something near 200k (R)'s moved here while like 12k (D)'s moved here for stretch he was talking about which was 2021-2022 if I remember correctly. The local conservatives are thrilled 100% about out of state conservatives moving because it's finally ended the insane people who live in the (D) strong holds (who are usually locals) who historically had huge influence over the state. Not anymore.

TX on the other hand.. well they are in trouble with all those CA people moving in who seem to be very interested in turning all of TX into Austin.

FL's old bullshit CCW laws are on their way out - we hope.

So, to shorten it, this means 18 to "possess" a handgun, but 21 to purchase/own one?
Mostly. Some decent exceptions though.

Exceptions [18 U.S.C. § 922(x)(3)]:
  • Temporary transfer and possession of handguns and handgun ammunition for specified activities, including employment, ranching, farming, target practice and hunting, provided the juvenile is in possession of prior written consent of the juvenile’s parent or guardian who is not prohibited by federal, state or local law from possessing a firearm;
  • A juvenile who is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard who possesses or is armed with a handgun in the line of duty;
  • A transfer by inheritance of title (but not possession) of a handgun or ammunition to a juvenile; or
  • The possession of a handgun or ammunition by a juvenile taken in defense of the juvenile or other persons against an intruder into the residence of the juvenile or a residence in which the juvenile is an invited guest.

I want to say this is likely similar to the dynamic between MA and NH. My personal experience is the people I know who moved north were all right of center politically and pro 2A. The handful of NH natives I knew (granted they were female or younger people) tended to be left or far left.

I want to say this is likely similar to the dynamic between MA and NH. My personal experience is the people I know who moved north were all right of center politically and pro 2A. The handful of NH natives I knew (granted they were female or younger people) tended to be left or far left.
The big difference between NH and FL is people from NH are hell bent on shit talking people who move to NH. People in FL are very happy to have like minded people move in and I've never heard a bad thing from locals about it.

If anything the out of staters seem a little confused about how the F anything actually gets done here in FL... if you hire a local contractor you are really rolling the dice. Wish I was kidding.

Sure, people in Miami, Gainesville and Orlando probably aren't happy about it but I live pretty far from those places.

My sister and BIL spend most of the winter in Fl, but live in MA. They vote D, so FL is safe. :) The same goes for my wife's friend and her husband. OTOH, my retired dentist friend sold his house in MA and bought a condo in FL. He's also a close friend so I know his politics. I doubt he's ever voted for a D.

If we can figure out all the details we are moving south and will do our best to keep wherever we land from turning blue.

As discussed before, many/most/all of FL's retard legacy laws (and oh boy, are there a lot of them) are from long ago.

The people who moved to FL in recent years are overwhelmingly conservative and bring said values with them. The trick is to get rid of the legacy FL quasi retarded island time approach they use for a lot of stuff.

In 2022 the (D) voter role contracted by over 100,000 people while the (R) voter role grew by over 200,000 people. The state indicates that not since 1994 has there been more (R)'s registered compared to (D)'s until 2021, which is when the massive influx of pissed off and fed up conservatives started moving en masse to FL.

I can't find the article about the divice between R and D residents who moved in, but according to the local conservative talk show it was something near 200k (R)'s moved here while like 12k (D)'s moved here for stretch he was talking about which was 2021-2022 if I remember correctly. The local conservatives are thrilled 100% about out of state conservatives moving because it's finally ended the insane people who live in the (D) strong holds (who are usually locals) who historically had huge influence over the state. Not anymore.

TX on the other hand.. well they are in trouble with all those CA people moving in who seem to be very interested in turning all of TX into Austin.

FL's old bullshit CCW laws are on their way out - we hope.

As I keep telling NH natives, it's he schools and libraries that are turning your state blue, not "flatlanders."

As I keep telling NH natives, it's he schools and libraries that are turning your state blue, not "flatlanders."
True to a point but where are those teachers and librarians coming from? Many of the teachers in NH weren't born or raised there. When I was in HS during the first half of the 70's almost all my teachers were NH transplants and quite Marxist.

True to a point but where are those teachers and librarians coming from? Many of the teachers in NH weren't born or raised there. When I was in HS during the first half of the 70's almost all my teachers were NH transplants and quite Marxist.
Fair enough. My sister and I happened to have had a semi-related conversation just today. Her kid is 6 and I mentioned how scary it is that when you try to teach them something, whether its writing their name, simple math , whatever, it was a bit of a struggle. Either the kid wasnt picking it up (maybe she was too young, idk) or it sometimes seemed to me that as soon as she picked up on the fact that we were no longer really playing and I was trying to teach her something, she'd nope the f*ck out of there immediately.

Fast forward a year or so later, she's in school and its Ms So-and-so said this, Ms So-and-so taught me that. Excited to be learning and soaking everything up. When it comes to math and writing and reading, thats great, but I have to admit its a little disheartening how much control teachers have over kids. Its almost like a hypnotism thing. Today theyre learning how to read and write, tomorrow they are dyeing their hair green and hating Uncle Headednorth because Im part of the racist patriarchy. What the teacher says is the word of God and what me or mom says she doesnt want to hear it.

Remote teaching during COVID opened the eyes of lots of parents. Suddenly they started going to school board meetings and paying attention to what was being taught to their kids. Those local elections are where it starts.

My son and DIL in South Carolina tortured the school officials in their county. It didn't take too long before both the options of returning to school and not masking were offered.

Fair enough. My sister and I happened to have had a semi-related conversation just today. Her kid is 6 and I mentioned how scary it is that when you try to teach them something, whether its writing their name, simple math , whatever, it was a bit of a struggle. Either the kid wasnt picking it up (maybe she was too young, idk) or it sometimes seemed to me that as soon as she picked up on the fact that we were no longer really playing and I was trying to teach her something, she'd nope the f*ck out of there immediately.

Fast forward a year or so later, she's in school and its Ms So-and-so said this, Ms So-and-so taught me that. Excited to be learning and soaking everything up. When it comes to math and writing and reading, thats great, but I have to admit its a little disheartening how much control teachers have over kids. Its almost like a hypnotism thing. Today theyre learning how to read and right, tomorrow they are dying their hair green and hating Uncle Headednorth because Im part of the racist patriarchy. What the teacher says is the word of God and what me or mom says she doesnt want to hear it.

Remote teaching during COVID opened the eyes of lots of parents. Suddenly they started going to school board meetings and paying attention to what was being taught to their kids. Those local elections are where it starts.

My son and DIL in South Carolina tortured the school officials in their county. It didn't take too long before both the options of returning to school and not masking were offered.
It sounds kind of like parents got a peek behind the curtain and schools want to close the drapes back up.

Most people in NH weren't born or raised here.

Only 41.3 percent of the state’s residents were born in New Hampshire, far less than the average across New England states (54.3 percent) or the average for all states (57.2 percent) (Table 3). Among those over the age of 25, only about one-third were born in the state (32.5 percent).

The incoming lunatic governor of Massachusetts was born and raised in NH. There are many places libs in NH come from but plenty are born and raised there.

Constitutional carry bill introduced in Florida.

View: https://twitter.com/2aupdates/status/1620098578151800833?s=61&t=xaGuYp8bxLi2VUNnFDII3g

GOP vs dem in both the Florida house and senate is 70%-30%. With DeSantis behind it, it should be a pretty easy lift.

Following a thread elsewhere. There are apparently a few flaws in this bill that are going to take years to iron out. Still, this is going to be stick the big camel's nose under the tent. Work the little camels in after the big one has fully moved in.

I also learned that FL has a waiting period for purchase. That's not very gunshiny of them.

Look at these a$$holes, submitting this now knowing full well that it will get vetoed when they have no power to override the veto. Gee! How come they didn't submit this when Trump was President. This is the same bull shit they pulled with "ObamaCare".

Look at these a$$holes, submitting this now knowing full well that it will get vetoed when they have no power to override the veto. Gee! How come they didn't submit this when Trump was President. This is the same bull shit they pulled with "ObamaCare".

You won't have to worry about a veto as it will never make it out of the Senate and there are more than a few Republicans that will likely help see to that.

🐯

Surprisingly there is movement in SC. I’m not sure how much the leaders there are behind this, the leaders and governor in Florida are .

View: https://twitter.com/2aupdates/status/1623467463978393601?s=61&t=HJQTL_X2sNhrU2faol-MZQ

There will be movement but it will not come to fruition. The Governor has said he will sign it if it reaches his desk and there is broad enough support in the House. But.

It passed in the House last session but was killed in the Senate Judiciary Committee when nine RINO Senators voted to kill it. One has since died, the other eight aren't up for reelection for another two years and we have open primaries (and lifelong RINO politicians 🙄) precisely because so many of our lifelong public servants used to be Democrats.

Their compromise was the decriminalization of Open Carry but that had strings attached such as allowing municipalities to prohibit any carry for a long, laundry list of places and events.

One step forward, two steps back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom