• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Controversial "Guns Everywhere Bill"

If the bill is bad for gun owners, it would pass in Mass. If it is good for gun owners, it will not. To many politicians run on their Antigun platform to do otherwise.

High five to Georgia. They seem to be one of the front runners for pro-gun legislation going against the moonbat status-quo other states are blindly following. Open letters to firearm manufacturers in the north east, welcoming them to come on down, pro-gun legislation, etc.

Except for a few anti gun stooges, the bill is not that controversial in Georgia. The south in general is much more 2A friendly and guns are much more a part of the culture down there. In neighboring AL, it's the same. CCW is considered the norm down there, not the exception.

MA has no law forbidding carry in most of the places in the GA bill (houses of worship, bars, nightclubs, libraries, sports facilities, senior citizen and youth centers). Despite its many flaws, MA is actually pretty good regarding where you are lawfully able to carry if you have an unrestricted LTC.

MA has no law forbidding carry in most of the places in the GA bill (houses of worship, bars, nightclubs, libraries, sports facilities, senior citizen and youth centers). Despite its many flaws, MA is actually pretty good regarding where you are lawfully able to carry if you have an unrestricted LTC.

As long as they bless you with "suitability".

As long as they bless you with "suitability".

Yes, hence my "if you have an unrestricted LTC". I am aware that there are many aspects of MA law that suck. All I'm saying is that in this one specific instance (lawful carry locations), MA is actually pretty good.

Same here in RI, not sure why the word "controversial" is used when it is the normal for most states, oh, wait, it's the MSM reporting this so they need to jazz it up a bit to draw attention and hits to the site.

They add controversial to try to whip up controversy and appeal to their ever shrinking readership/viewership. Never forget that PMSNBC is rabidly anti gun and rabidly liberal.

It's somewhat contradictory, but it seems that states that have generally loose CCW permitting or licensing requirements have a longer list of restricted places.

AL takes about 30 minutes to get an initial CCW permit and maybe 10 to renew. Yet, ironically you have to leave you firearms and knives in your car to get to the part of the county courthouse where that office is located. You have to go through a metal detector as well. At least in the courthouse where my son gets his permits.

No binding signage in AL, except you can't carry into any police or sheriffs office, courthouses, many municipal buildings, schools, athletic facilities used by schools, etc...

The offset is that firearms storage in a vehicle is pretty much unregulated.

Ironically, the only store I saw with a no guns allowed sign was a pawnshop/gun store.

Same here in RI, not sure why the word "controversial" is used when it is the normal for most states, oh, wait, it's the MSM reporting this so they need to jazz it up a bit to draw attention and hits to the site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom