• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cop in shootout with 2 in Las Vegas - Great video

37295134_2049103242084156_894060527142043648_n.jpg

I can see his justification for shooting thru his windshield in the crowded area. He knew the truck was firing. When the 2nd SUV took over the chase, you can hear a mag dump, assuming that was the perps and not the other police. Officer in video redacted at that point and took back over the lead. He ended the shooting FROM the perps, so its justified.

As for leaving himself open to not being able to further pursue because of damaged windshield: oh well, numerous cruisers behind him.

Makes me want to practice dropping a mag and reloading while inactive seated position with a wheel in front of me, because he lost a few seconds there.

I don't say it often, or at all, but: he earned his pay that day. Kudos.

That was one ugly magazine change.

Interesting how he switched his gun to his support hand. Was he trying to unbuckle? Was there a spare magazine in a cup holder he though he should use? Did he reach with his strong hand all the way to his support side to grab it?

didn't they had a rule not to engage in high speed chase through res hoods? Looking back, it may have been better to hang back, bring a chopper in the air and get the purps when they think the shit is over.

One advantage that .gov has is time, most of the time they have plenty of it and radios. No matter how fast you are, you are not out running radios. Cool chase, but getting into a shootout with lots of people around wasn't prudent.

Never having tried it , I wonder how much the bullets through the windshield had left behind them or how close they hit to what he was aiming at due to deflection.
To his credit the guy never backed off an inch.
He may have needed some new shorts afterward , but he stayed the course.

I counted 18 rounds for the first mag. One in the pipe and a topped off 17 round mag? Anyone else catch the bystander walking on the side walk as he's pulling up next to the suspects car and emptys his first mag? Tells them to get down after.

Couple things

One the dispatcher was kinda a huge bitch. Like ok your getting shot at but it doesn't mean you have to tell kind of bitch.

Two sweet fish scale glock

Three not a fan of shooting around houses

Not sure about what's SOP and whatever but the guy's multitasking was pretty on point. Drove well, shot well, communicated well. About the only thing to work on is getting a little more training with an autoloader...when the chips were down it was pretty clear his muscle memory tried to reload a revolver.

Look up the videos on Michael Vance and OK police. One of the officers used his "patrol" rifle during a cart chase.

That was one ugly magazine change.

Interesting how he switched his gun to his support hand. Was he trying to unbuckle? Was there a spare magazine in a cup holder he though he should use? Did he reach with his strong hand all the way to his support side to grab it?

Looks like muscle memory took over and he tried to reload a revolver, no idea where the mag was or about the seatbelt.

edit: looking again in some screenshots he's got the two-handed revolver grip. Stripes on his sleeve may mean he's "seasoned" and may have originally trained on revolver?

Not sure about what's SOP and whatever but the guy's multitasking was pretty on point. Drove well, shot well, communicated well. ...

It's like they say in the Academy: Drivatate, ventilate, communicate.

P. S. If I was a cop, my number one resolution from that video would totally be for
the union to demand Bluetooth audio in the car, with PTT on the steering wheel.

Because holding a mike in one hand and a Glock in the other hand while steering
is almost as bad as eating half a Rein's bagel sandwich in I-84 traffic on a Friday night.
After dark.

ETA: Artist's conception:

tumblr_ne01v1ASjl1s2wio8o1_500.gif

That cop was fearless and stayed in the chase until the end, the one thing they need to concentrate more on is weak hand shooting. It seemed like he was very uncomfortable to go weak hand at all. Understanding when adrenaline is pumping, one probably reverts back to what they know which is why weak hand shooting should be added in more. But he ended it so kudos to him

I normally would have a problem with the cops actions. But in this case, I think it was more than justified. I'm amazed that the bad guys didnt hit someone with either the vehicle, or one of the many shots they took at the cops while running.

It is easy for us to look backward and judge what the officer had just seconds to decide in the moment. Although I thought protocol was spike strips, more units, chopper, etc. in order to prevent the vehicle from hurting citizenry.

Wow that was nuts. RIP the officer's ears. I hope that 147gr cut through the glass like butter. Nice glock setup too.
I'm sure his ears will be fine. If mine can survive multiple shots from an m4 being fired from inside a hmmwv......I think he'll be ok with a dozen or so from a pistol.

Looks like the cop had an illegal 15 round magazine!!!!
Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey would surely be up in arm sif this wasa Mass Cop.
these "hi capacity magazines" are part of the "gun problem" no one should have them LOl!
we live amongst morons

Reminds me of this chase where the cop was shooting through his windshield with an AR. Not residential area though:

If the police need that many rounds to defend themselves effectively, so does everyone else.

Looks like muscle memory took over and he tried to reload a revolver, no idea where the mag was or about the seatbelt.

edit: looking again in some screenshots he's got the two-handed revolver grip. Stripes on his sleeve may mean he's "seasoned" and may have originally trained on revolver?

ahhh, that would make sense.

That cop was fearless and stayed in the chase until the end, the one thing they need to concentrate more on is weak hand shooting. It seemed like he was very uncomfortable to go weak hand at all. Understanding when adrenaline is pumping, one probably reverts back to what they know which is why weak hand shooting should be added in more. But he ended it so kudos to him

I'm pretty sure almost everybody would be uncomfortable weak hand shooting at a moving car while driving a moving car and being shot at.

The LEO was being fired upon repeatedly -- he gets plenty of leeway for his choices and actions in my book. Of course, he could have given up the pursuit once the suspects started shooting, but that obviously sets a bad precedent.

The chase went for a while with only one backup unit catching up, for whatever reason. I can see how he felt he had to do something to end it. He did get right up on the suspects's vehicle before firing out of his car each time, cutting off the angles for stray shots.
I watched it without sound. When was he getting shot at?

Back
Top Bottom