• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Cops" TV technician killed by cops in crossfire

Read about this earlier. This is the first article that says he was killed by police.

RIP, Bryce Dion.

. Both were killed by police gunfire. The chief said, “The officers had no choice other than to respond in the way that they did.”

Am I having reading comprehension problems or is this a poorly written article? The robber fired an airsoft pellet, then the tech guy is dead from a bullet from the police? What? Something in the middle is missing.

Can tell if it they had no other choice without seeing the video from cops crew and the store. I'm not sure why the cops would allow the camera crew to go into the store when there is a robbery in progress. Doesn't seem like a wise idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I having reading comprehension problems or is this a poorly written article? The robber fired an airsoft pellet, then the tech guy is dead from a bullet from the police? What? Something in the middle is missing.

I'm with you. The only thing I can think is the crew were with one cop and entering the store when the robber pulled his airsoft. The cops that fired were behind the camera crew.

The article is stupendously terribly written...

The chief said the incident began to unfold at 9:05 Tuesday night when Officer Darin Cunningham was sent to investigate a reported robbery at the Little Caesar's Pizza restaurant on Saddle Creek. The suspect was described as a white female

At 9:20, Officer Cunningham called for backup at the Wendy's restaurant at 43rd and Dodge. Officers Brooks Riley and Jason Wilhelm arrived accompanied by the Cops crew, in town shooting for an upcoming show.

An apparent robbery was in progress inside the Wendy's. Omaha Deputy Police Chief Dave Baker said Tuesday night that a man was holding a clerk at gunpoint and demanded cash.

Is it just me or are these not the same crime, nor are they the same criminal?

The article is stupendously terribly written...

Is it just me or are these not the same crime, nor are they the same criminal?

I reread it after seeing the wendy's mentioned. I have no idea what happened but if there was a guy with a gun (they didin't know it was an airsoft), why would they not get the crew out of there or to a safe area?

It is a horribly written article.
Most of the cops episodes I've seen , the crew is behind the cops , not in front.
Head scratcher.

It is a horribly written article.
Most of the cops episodes I've seen , the crew is behind the cops , not in front.
Head scratcher.

There were multiple units (police) there. But they always stay well away from the action and just zoom in. I'd like to see some investigation more than a quick nothing to see here, move on.

The PD news conference said one group of cops entered from the east door, another from the west. Doesn't sound like a textbook tactical plan. Some of the comments said 30 rounds were fired. Police spokesman said they had no choice and they're not to blame, of course. Bryce Dion was from the Boston area. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom