Corona Virus Local SITREP Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Study in Ct a while back put the PCR tests at a 30% false pos rate.....
Hmmm. Using data from testing at work...

Within the last 30 days:
31,596 tests, 12 positive (0.038%)

So, assuming that we have nothing but false positives here (no one actually has it) that is still one heck of a PCR test at 99.972% accurate.
If some of those results are legitimate positive results then the test has to be better than 99.972% accurate.
Unless, of course, it has a false negative rate that is through the roof.

I have yet to find any actual data about sensitivity or specificity for any of the tests that are being used out there. It is just positive/negative and assumed to be 100% accurate.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I read a blurb today. 28,000 person study in the US. Antibody test of dialysis patients. Clearly people that SHOULD be careful. 10% had antibodies. Which is 5x higher than the tested rate.

And I’m still mystified that the MA death rate is 6% of positive tests and most other states are less than 2%.
Mass is the center of the healthcare universe. Seriously, if you HAVE to get sick, get sick here.

Mass is likely performing more testing than other states. Some large hospital networks do a combination of in-house testing with their own procedures and send-out testing to other labs. If they were to disclose statistics it's entirely possible you'd find a wide discrepancy between the send-outs and the in-house tests, likely with the send-outs being less accurate.

Mass also has a higher PC factor (Potential for Corruption) than almost anywhere.

Between the difference in skills, volume, interpretation and corruption it would be surprising if our numbers WERE in line with other states.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My router failed and I needed to make an emergency trip to Best Buy so I could actually get work done. When I pulled up to the curbside pickup (which worked great by the way) to wait for my order, I observed a guy coming out of Best Buy wearing what I'm pretty sure was a coffee filter for a mask. The cone-shaped kind, so it stuck out like a beak.

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A customer of my company who I had close contact with for most of last week tested positive. 2 days later tested negative and left it at that. Science

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My router failed and I needed to make an emergency trip to Best Buy so I could actually get work done. When I pulled up to the curbside pickup (which worked great by the way) to wait for my order, I observed a guy coming out of Best Buy wearing what I'm pretty sure was a coffee filter for a mask. The cone-shaped kind, so it stuck out like a beak.
Sure. Why not. Just as good as anything else they try to force you to wear.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We got kicked out of Echo Lake State Park in Franconia Notch today. We stopped by the parking lot at about 10am and there was no sign that they were "open" anymore for the season, as the gatehouse was boarded up and no one in it. So we walked down to the beach (like others were doing) and started taking pics for 5 minutes. There's not many others there, just several couples or small groups walking around. Then this guy comes down to the beach and starts telling people to get out of here because they didn't pay the $4 online. Not that you can pay even if you want to, as it is always booked up for weeks in advance even though no one's there.

I'm really getting sick of how the NH state parks has handled covid. So much fail, including:

- Every actual restroom in the notch is closed "because covid". But, instead there are porta potties to use that are absolutely disgusting and even have a sign saying they are not sanitized. Duh. The one I used over by the Old Man viewing literally had shit piled right up to the edge of the seat and piss everywhere. Good luck sitting down if you have to, since you'll be touching the top of the pile. Remember, this is for grandma or something, to prevent her from dying.

- Everything pretty much closed at the parks, including food, gondola ride, boat rentals, restrooms, visitor centers, etc. but if you can even get there at all, they still have the nerve to insist on paying admission.

- Half the parks are completely closed even if they have no facilities or are unstaffed.

- Those that are "open" you can't reserve for unless you know you want to go there weeks in advance. They are "full". Yet, if you drive by on one of these "full" days to check out the situation, almost no one is there.

I'm really pissed I have NH state parks plates. Next year when I have to renew them, I'm turning them in and getting a regular plate. F*** these parks and the shitheads who run them.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Mass is the center of the healthcare universe. Seriously, if you HAVE to get sick, get sick here.

Mass is likely performing more testing than other states. Some large hospital networks do a combination of in-house testing with their own procedures and send-out testing to other labs. If they were to disclose statistics it's entirely possible you'd find a wide discrepancy between the send-outs and the in-house tests, likely with the send-outs being less accurate.

Mass also has a higher PC factor (Potential for Corruption) than almost anywhere.

Between the difference in skills, volume, interpretation and corruption it would be surprising if our numbers WERE in line with other states.
Mass is 15th in tests per million and barely over national average.

We got kicked out of Echo Lake State Park in Franconia Notch today. We stopped by the parking lot at about 10am and there was no sign that they were "open" anymore for the season, as the gatehouse was boarded up and no one in it. So we walked down to the beach (like others were doing) and started taking pics for 5 minutes. There's not many others there, just several couples or small groups walking around. Then this guy comes down to the beach and starts telling people to get out of here because they didn't pay the $4 online. Not that you can pay even if you want to, as it is always booked up for weeks in advance even though no one's there.

I'm really getting sick of how the NH state parks has handled covid. So much fail, including:

- Every actual restroom in the notch is closed "because covid". But, instead there are porta potties to use that are absolutely disgusting and even have a sign saying they are not sanitized. Duh. The one I used over by the Old Man viewing literally had shit piled right up to the edge of the seat and piss everywhere. Good luck sitting down if you have to, since you'll be touching the top of the pile. Remember, this is for grandma or something, to prevent her from dying.

- Everything pretty much closed at the parks, including food, gondola ride, boat rentals, restrooms, visitor centers, etc. but if you can even get there at all, they still have the nerve to insist on paying admission.

- Half the parks are completely closed even if they have no facilities or are unstaffed.

- Those that are "open" you can't reserve for unless you know you want to go there weeks in advance. They are "full". Yet, if you drive by on one of these "full" days to check out the situation, almost no one is there.

I'm really pissed I have NH state parks plates. Next year when I have to renew them, I'm turning them in and getting a regular plate. F*** these parks and the shitheads who run them.
Live Free or Pay $4.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

as a group you should have tied the ranger up and buried him up to his neck in the sand. Then put one of the ladies thongs over his face, for covid.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is definitely an enhanced degree of COVIDiocy up here versus Connecticut, especially considering the dearth of cases.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
:) So the entry station was closed, but they still wanted you to pay a fee?
Yes, except you can't, because online reservation system is always booked up. They supposedly reduce the parking "only" by 50%. But, you reserve your spot for the entire day. Very few people go to Echo Lake beach or most other parks for the entire day. It is common to stop by for an hour or two, then go on to something else. So, even if they did book up 50% of their parking capacity, it is extremely unlikely everyone who booked a spot would be there at the same time. I have been on purposely driving by various state parks that are "full" this summer and usually seeing the parking lots almost completely empty.

I'm sure people also book their spot and never use it. If you say you have a state parks plate or annual membership, the reservation cost is $1. So, all you lose is $1 by reserving a spot that you then never use. You could pick several days weeks in advance then only use the day that it wasn't raining or something.

Oh, and there's no cell service in the notch, so give up any idea of reserving your spot while you are parked at the entrance to the park. And, I'm pretty sure the system doesn't allow same-day reservations anyway, but I'm not 100% sure if that applies to every park. I think I saw a sign saying Echo Lake requires registering before the day you go.

So, up here in NH, it is mainly government being retarded with regards to cornholio virus. Private businesses are doing the best they can to try to get back to normal and allow as many people to go as they can, although with these stupid mask required signs all over the place.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Does anyone have a good source for NJ or PA charts showing daily cases and deaths plotted together?

OMG those death charts are absolutely terrifying! Especially NJ. We're all gonna die... in 10,000 years at this rate of death!

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, up here in NH, it is mainly government being retarded with regards to cornholio virus. Private businesses are doing the best they can to try to get back to normal and allow as many people to go as they can, although with these stupid mask required signs all over the place.
Just walk past the signs, as they mean nothing. The businesses do not care, as they are forced to put these signs up. One place posted a long, drawn out poster of the rules. I asked the store owner (I know him very well) about it and he told me he was told to either post it or close his doors. Government bullshit at its best.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OMG those death charts are absolutely terrifying! Especially NJ. We're all gonna die... in 10,000 years at this rate of death!
At this point, you'd have a better chance of dying by having someone fart on you.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just walk past the signs, as they mean nothing. The businesses do not care, as they are forced to put these signs up. One place posted a long, drawn out poster of the rules. I asked the store owner (I know him very well) about it and he told me he was told to either post it or close his doors. Government bullshit at its best.
And who is running gov here in NH?.......just asking for a friend.....

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And who is running gov here in NH?.......just asking for a friend.....
I have to say - and I know this is a thread derailment, and I do apologize - having been up here over a week and a half and listening to (radio), watched (tube - not my choice), and read (newspapers - St. J paper as well as the UL), I am singularly unimpressed by the arguments the Republican Party has been making. There is ABSOLUTELY NO Unique Selling Proposition: there's nothing saying, "Hey, they're X, while we're Y." And that when presently there's actually a WHOLE LOTTA DISTANCE between X and Y. At least in Connecticut we have a gal - she won't win, of course, cuz New Haven - who is running against Rosa "Stupid Witch" DeLauro, who actually has CLIPS OF THE RIOTS in her campaign ads. Her message: "This is what THEY are about. This is what _I'm_ about."

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have to say - and I know this is a thread derailment, and I do apologize - having been up here over a week and a half and listening to (radio), watched (tube - not my choice), and read (newspapers - St. J paper as well as the UL), I am singularly unimpressed by the arguments the Republican Party has been making. There is ABSOLUTELY NO Unique Selling Proposition: there's nothing saying, "Hey, they're X, while we're Y." And that when presently there's actually a WHOLE LOTTA DISTANCE between X and Y. At least in Connecticut we have a gal - she won't win, of course, cuz New Haven - who is running against Rosa "Stupid Witch" DeLauro, who actually has CLIPS OF THE RIOTS in her campaign ads. Her message: "This is what THEY are about. This is what _I'm_ about."
While the NHGOP under current leadership is leaps and bounds better than under the never trumper/progressive republican Jennifer Horn who has subsequently left the state for Maine........the NHGOP imho has a very long way to go wrt actually being functional........

The UL is largely a band of never trump/squishy semi republicans......a far cry from what it was a mere 10-15 years ago

Granite Grok and NH Insider are the only sources of news/outside the box upper brain function wrt "Media"

We have a lot of really good GOP Reps in the NH House.......

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what the hell is up with PAPER TOWELS?
MB had some no name brand, 2 to a pack, limit ONE PACKAGE PER CUSTOMER.
Not a Bounty roll in the whole store.

After all these months... where the hell did all the paper towels go to?

or should this post go into the 1st world horror stories thread?

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the NHGOP under current leadership is leaps and bounds better than under the never trumper/progressive republican Jennifer Horn who has subsequently left the state for Maine........the NHGOP imho has a very long way to go wrt actually being functional........

The UL is largely a band of never trump/squishy semi republicans......a far cry from what it was a mere 10-15 years ago

Granite Grok and NH Insider are the only sources of news/outside the box upper brain function wrt "Media"

We have a lot of really good GOP Reps in the NH House.......
I'm sure. That won't do a bit of good if they don't remain there.

The gal versus the Stupid Witch of New Haven:

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gotta get off your Bounty fetish. [devil]

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I have a few clients that have rooms the size of my kitchen full of bounty, charmin, etc. That and 8-12 forehead scanners (temperature), boxes full of blood 02 sensors, crates of latex gloves, you name it. Some people think they can buy safety. Oddly no gun safes though

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is the state straight up state aggression against the people. I do wonder if states are going to double down on this stuff and start closing off more 'nature' or parking for access to our land.

Top Bottom