Corroded ammo?

Takl23

NES Member
I found some ammo from my Mosin that has white crap all over it and it spread to some other ammo in the box. Basically when I moved it must've fallen out of the packaging and this is the end result. Is there a way to clean it up and/or discard it? Y'all can probably guess is the surplus stuff that comes in the paper wrappers.

-T

If you tumble live ammo, which is generally considered safe to do, make sure there is enough media in there so they aren't banging into each other and that you don't run them too long.

I found some ammo from my Mosin that has white crap all over it and it spread to some other ammo in the box. Basically when I moved it must've fallen out of the packaging and this is the end result. Is there a way to clean it up and/or discard it? Y'all can probably guess is the surplus stuff that comes in the paper wrappers.

-T
Brillo pad or tumble in corn media for a few minutes.

Or ....just spit on them load em and shoot em....it's a mosin you can't hurt it. 😂

waaay waaay back...when i was starting to shoot and money was tight...some of the shit i put through my guns would make lesser men cringe and cry. fast fwd to now, made it this far with everything intact. and...wear eye protection! ;)

If it's only 100 rounds, I'd put it in the case cleaner for a few minutes or clean each round with steel wool or a scrubby pad only enough to get the rounds to chamber. Shoot and discard. It's probably berdan primed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom